Current Events > The DUmpster

Democrats quietly limit House GOP effort to press for probes into Biden admin

(1/1)

dutch508:

--- Quote ---Star Member StarfishSaver (17,939 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215884687

CNN: Democrats quietly limit House GOP effort to press for probes into Biden administration

House Democrats have quietly moved to restrict the GOP's ability to use its limited power in the minority to press for investigations, an effort that has Republicans crying foul as they seek to pressure their foes over the Biden administration's handling of Afghanistan.

According to publicly available documents reviewed by CNN, Democrats in March began slipping language into House rules that essentially blocks Republicans from using a "resolution of inquiry." That tool allows a lawmaker to formally request information from the executive branch. Once the inquiry is introduced, the relevant committee is required to act within 14 days or else it can be brought up as a privileged resolution on the House floor.
--- End quote ---

:censored:

Of course, the DUmpmonkiez think it's a great idea...

--- Quote ---Raven123 (2,452 posts)

1. Sad, but necessary.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Mad_Machine76 (21,327 posts)

3. I can't seem to care (about the House GOP)

How many probes of Trump did Democrats get when the Republicans were in control of the House? At this point, they don't really want to do anything of any real value or get to the truth of anything. All they really want to do is preen and/or cry foul if the Democrats won't let them preen. It is nothing but political theater to them. And if that's an unfair assumption, they can feel free to prove me wrong. But I don't think it is.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Star Member kacekwl (5,353 posts)

4. The GOP would have investigations started and finished with all involved prosecuted and jailed before Democrats call the 2nd meeting investigating 01/06/21.

--- End quote ---

:???:

5. Actually, they wouldn't

But when hyperbole is so much better than facts when trying to trash Democrats, even in response to an OP reporting that they're doing the kind of thing some people are demanding they do, so ...
--- End quote ---

:bird:

Delmar:
Why try to block it?  The primitives don't seem to be too worried about investigations into Biden's drone strike on innocent little kids or all of the hostages he left over in Afghanistan.

He must be investigated.  How else are we supposed to find anything out about this clown?  He never answers any questions--always claims he's going to get in trouble if he answers any questions.

SVPete:
After two time- and money-wasting shampeachments based on false accusations and I-don't-like-Trump's-style, DUmmies are pretending that investigating LIEden's F-Ups would waste time and money, but are actually fearing how much incompetence, stupidity, and possibly even criminality such investigations would reveal.

DLR Pyro:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215884687

CNN: Democrats quietly limit House GOP effort to press for probes into hold the Biden administration accountable
--- End quote ---

edited for accuracy

freedumb2003b:
The idiots never learn.

In politics NEVER take upon your party a procedure you do not want used against you. That resulted in SCOTUS Justice Kavanaugh (I mean yay and all but still...).

Just as I predicted EVERY time from now until the Chinese take over (next generation or so) the House majority is the opposite party as POTUS there will be an impeachment.  EVERY TIME.  This is as a result of the 100% political impeachment of Trump.

This same thing will be done to the dems in 2022 if current trends continue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version