Current Events > The DUmpster

Anti-vax NFL players willing to put their immunocompromised coach at risk to ow

(1/2) > >>

Texacon:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215669489

--- Quote --- Bleacher Creature (10,170 posts)

Anti-vax NFL players willing to put their immunocompromised coach at risk to own the libs.

I'm so unbelievably tired of these selfish assholes.

Ron Rivera “beyond frustrated” that so many Washington players remain unvaccinated

Washington coach Ron Rivera has attempted this offseason to educate his players about vaccinations, but the message hasn’t gotten through to many of them. And Rivera isn’t happy about it.

Rivera, who battled cancer last year and has taken extra precautions to avoid getting infected with COVID-19, said it bothers him that almost half of his players still haven’t gotten the vaccine.

“I’m truly frustrated. I’m beyond frustrated. Part of the reason I walk in with a mask on is I’m immune-deficient,” Rivera said, via Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post. “I just hope that our guys can understand that.”

Rivera is right to be frustrated. The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective and are the only way out of the pandemic that has ruled our lives for nearly a year and a half.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/27/ron-rivera-beyond-frustrated-that-so-many-washington-players-remain-unvaccinated/

--- End quote ---

Ok, so here's the deal.  WHO is putting the coach at risk here?  The players or the coach himself?  IT'S the COACH!  Lord have mercy people, using the liberals logic the "Boy in the Bubble" should have been able to go anywhere he wanted, it's the REST OF US, who should have been in bubbles. 

I'm tired of this bullshit.  If you don't feel safe leaving your home don't.  I don't care.  Honestly.  This coach is not the victim here.  He can do his job or not and I don't give a single damn.  I do mine, and I was considered an essential worker before vaccines were a thing.  Guess what, I'm still an essential worker and nothing you can do will make me change my mind about what I'm doing about MY health.  If I feel the situation warrants it, I won't do my job, until then, leave me the HELL ALONE!

KC

SVPete:
1. If the players haven't heard 50 million times how great the Covid vaccines are they must live in a media bubble so profound as to be nearly impossible in the US. They've heard it all and chose not to get vaccinated. That does NOT mean they are anti-vax.

2. Unless the Washington No-Names are bizarrely different from pretty much every other NFL team, a significant % or majority of their players are black, an ethnic group that votes Dem 85%-95% of the time. Narrative fail! :rotf:

3. If the coach has been vaccinated he should have his antibodies level tested (~$120 at Quest Diagnostics, not sure what options are on the East Coast, but the FDA has approved some 86 tests for antibodies). If he has none or is not vaccinated, maybe he's the one who should do the whole distancing rigmarole, and not just from people not vaccinated for Covid.

4. Keep calling people who haven't been vaccinated for Covid "selfish assholes", DU-Morons. It's so very persuasive!

Ralph Wiggum:
As a cancer survivor (22 years and counting), I don't give a flying turd about whether anyone else gets their vaccination.  No offense to Ron Rivera.  He just wants his team, who will always be known as the Washington Redskins, to not have to forfeit a game or two this year based on these ridiculous NFL Chinese Wuhan virus rules.

thundley4:

--- Quote ---Rivera is right to be frustrated. The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective and are the only way out of the pandemic that has ruled our lives for nearly a year and a half.
--- End quote ---

DUmmies lie, they lie all the time. As U.S. infections rise, the C.D.C. urges some vaccinated Americans to wear masks again. The new guidance would mark a sharp turnabout from the agency’s position since May that vaccinated people do not need to wear masks in most indoor spaces.

Apparently the vaccines are not effective. Why should someone get the vaccine if they have to wear a mask anyway?

DLR Pyro:
It's amazing how the "my body, my choice" crowd has become so nazi like in telling others what they must put into their bodies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version