Current Events > Politics

I Need Some Help Understanding This . . .

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Drafe Hoblin on July 26, 2021, 05:04:34 PM ---
So it must be a case of Cheney & Kinzinger 'volunteering'... which would also be an historical first... since there are empty chairs.
--- End quote ---

How can Cheney and Kinzinger be "volunteering" when the Minority Leader has already made the statement that Republicans would not serve on Pelousy's witch hunt and deflection-from-the-truth campaign?

I've not read anywhere in the past several days that suggests that Cheney and Kinzinger "volunteered." What they've done is dance to Pelousy's tune and make themselves "available" which, I guess could be argued, that they "volunteered." But volunteering for a task when appointed and elected leadership indicates "THERE WILL BE NO PARTICIPATION BY THE MINORITY PARTY" that "volunteering" becomes more like "**** McCarthy and the GOP."

There should be only one response to that - oust them from their committees (much like Pelousy did to to MTG) and otherwise put the apparatus in motion for the GOP (should Ronna McDaniel grow a pair, which is highly doubtful) to withhold support from those two.

Bonchie says at the link that McCarthy can remove those two turds from the GOP caucus, which sounds intriguing -- but I highly doubt that he has the 'nads to do it. But I'd love to be wrong.

RedState

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Drafe Hoblin on July 26, 2021, 05:04:34 PM ---In the history of Congress, no Speaker has ever removed whoever the Minority Leader has picked to serve on a Congressional investigatory-committee. 

I predict the committee will go Humpty-Dumpty the first day.  Then become a series of daily methane-releases.

In order to protect Pelosi's involvement, the case will have to start 'in the middle', during the 'riot'.  I'm no prosecuting-attorney but that strategy is a recipe for horizonless meandering.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. It's an exercise in obfuscation and smoke-and-mirrors designed to do two things:
1. Blame DJT for the whole damned thing.
2. Deflect from Pelousy's own responsibilities, and otherwise cover up what really happened. The FBI involvement could very well be real, but Pelousy's pre-determined outcome would never go there.

Drafe Hoblin:

--- Quote from: Eupher on July 26, 2021, 05:50:05 PM ---How can Cheney and Kinzinger be "volunteering" when the Minority Leader has already made the statement that Republicans would not serve on Pelousy's witch hunt and deflection-from-the-truth campaign?

I've not read anywhere in the past several days that suggests that Cheney and Kinzinger "volunteered." What they've done is dance to Pelousy's tune and make themselves "available" which, I guess could be argued, that they "volunteered." But volunteering for a task when appointed and elected leadership indicates "THERE WILL BE NO PARTICIPATION BY THE MINORITY PARTY" that "volunteering" becomes more like "**** McCarthy and the GOP."

There should be only one response to that - oust them from their committees (much like Pelousy did to to MTG) and otherwise put the apparatus in motion for the GOP (should Ronna McDaniel grow a pair, which is highly doubtful) to withhold support from those two.

Bonchie says at the link that McCarthy can remove those two turds from the GOP caucus, which sounds intriguing -- but I highly doubt that he has the 'nads to do it. But I'd love to be wrong.

RedState

--- End quote ---

I used quotation-marks for 'volunteering'...  You were asking a legal-question, if anyone knew anything about possible precedence for c & k serving on the Committee.  Since Pelosi told George Stephanopoulos that she 'invited' c & k, I said 'volunteering' because there may be some longstanding House-wording about how empty seats can be occupied.  I didn't mean that they literally volunteered.  If I did, I wouldn't have used quotation-marks.  Okay, I should've originally said they accepted the Speaker's invitation... if that's even a thing.  I don't remember Pelosi verbally inviting Cheney. 

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Drafe Hoblin on July 26, 2021, 08:51:20 PM ---I used quotation-marks for 'volunteering'...  You were asking a legal-question, if anyone knew anything about possible precedence for c & k serving on the Committee.  Since Pelosi told George Stephanopoulos that she 'invited' c & k, I said 'volunteering' because there may be some longstanding House-wording about how empty seats can be occupied.  I didn't mean that they literally volunteered.  If I did, I wouldn't have used quotation-marks.  Okay, I should've originally said they accepted the Speaker's invitation... if that's even a thing.  I don't remember Pelosi verbally inviting Cheney.

--- End quote ---

I think what it really comes down to is this:

* Pelousy breaks with long-standing tradition, if not actual rule, that the Speaker or Majority Whip will NOT assign specific minority party members to "bipartisan" committees. This being the case, we're talking about unfettered war when the Repubs gain control of the House. All gloves come off -- that is, if the Repubs can actually grow a pair, which I frankly doubt.
* Cheney and Kinzinger will be, again if McCarthy can grow a pair, stripped of their committees. I frankly doubt that McCarthy would go so far as to oust them from the GOP caucus. In a razor-thin situation such as it is, that would be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

J P Sousa:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/liz_cheney_reportedly_acts_like_a_pig_not_just_to_trump_but_to_other_republicans_and_may_lose_her_gop_post_soon.html

--- Quote ---May 3, 2021
Liz Cheney reportedly acts like a pig, not just to Trump, but to other Republicans, and may lose her GOP post soon
--- End quote ---

Charley McCarthy is too WEAK to make A decision.

--- Quote ---In Cheney’s view, the House GOP would embrace the more traditional, establishment positions of former House Speakers John Boehner and Paul Ryan. In Banks’ vision, Republicans would embrace the working-class coalition Donald Trump established in 2016.
--- End quote ---

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/05/liz-cheney-derides-jim-banks-gop-working-class-memo-neo-marxist/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version