Current Events > The DUmpster

Someone please explain this to me:

<< < (2/2)

freedumb2003b:

--- Quote ---Star Member thucythucy (6,062 posts)

4. I don't know if I buy that, but

in any case it's ironic that the very people we're now asked to hold blameless are--in my experience anyway--the same folks who blame the poor for their poverty, the sick for their illness, and the traumatized for their trauma
--- End quote ---

I will take "people who do not exist" for $1,000 Alex's replacement.  The poor usually but not always are indeed responsible for that condition.  Not for falling into it from external events, but for staying there b/c daddy gummint makes it so darn comfy.  The rest, nope.

SSG Snuggle Bunny:

--- Quote ---thucythucy (6,062 posts)

Someone please explain this to me:
--- End quote ---

It's so basic, even this guy understands...

ADsOutburst:

--- Quote ---Someone please explain this to me:

Last night I was channel hopping and stumbled across a panel on CNN. Two experts, one apparently a physician, and the moderator, discussing what is now another wave of infections--entirely foreseen, entirely preventable, and entirely the result of Republicans (mostly) rejecting the calls to be vaccinated.
--- End quote ---

I'll explain: You're wrong! Cities like Chicago, New York, and others have large chunks of their populations who are unvaccinated. This is made doubly bad by the fact they, you know, live in cities, where the disease spreads more readily. People who live in cities and young people account for a lot of the unvaccinated. People who live in rural areas (a.k.a. more likely to be republicans) and have less contact will tend not to spread the disease as much.

I_B_Perky:

--- Quote from: ADsOutburst on July 27, 2021, 03:40:22 PM ---I'll explain: You're wrong! Cities like Chicago, New York, and others have large chunks of their populations who are unvaccinated. This is made doubly bad by the fact they, you know, live in cities, where the disease spreads more readily. People who live in cities and young people account for a lot of the unvaccinated. People who live in rural areas (a.k.a. more likely to be republicans) and have less contact will tend not to spread the disease as much.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention the majority of the unvaccinated are people of color...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/mask-mandate-lifted-prince-georges/2021/05/26/8f2680a4-be2e-11eb-b26e-53663e6be6ff_story.html
Excerpt:

--- Quote ---Black people, who make up about 30 percent of Maryland’s population, accounted for 48 percent of new coronavirus cases in the state last week, according to a Washington Post analysis of daily state counts of cases by race and ethnicity. Non-Hispanic White people, who make up about 50 percent of the population, accounted for 35 percent of the ­cases.

Similar racial disparities have emerged in Washington in recent weeks, and experts say the gaps are likely to grow in places where White residents are getting vaccinated against the virus at higher rates than Black residents.

About 50 percent of White Maryland residents are fully vaccinated, according to the latest data for which race is reported, compared with 32 percent of Black residents.
--- End quote ---

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-coronavirus-blacks-vaccine/2021/05/25/1b6208da-bd6d-11eb-9c90-731aff7d9a0d_story.html

Excerpts:

--- Quote ---Black people make up more than 80 percent of coronavirus cases reported in the District in recent days, compared with 46 percent late last year, a disparity that D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) highlighted in a call with Ward 8 community leaders Tuesday.

The share of new infections involving Black people spiked sharply in the city starting around mid-April, when the coronavirus vaccine became widely available to D.C. residents. The share of cases involving White people, meanwhile, has fallen below 10 percent, compared with 33 percent of cases in December.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---It is yet another way in which the highly contagious virus — which has disproportionately sickened and killed people of color throughout the pandemic — has exacerbated the nation’s deep racial divides. Similar trends have been seen elsewhere in the country, including in both Kentucky and Tennessee.

The District’s population is about 45 percent Black and 42.5 percent White, according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates. But White residents have been significantly more likely to get vaccinated, due to higher rates of both hesitancy and access issues for Black Washingtonians.
--- End quote ---

The libs are having a coordinated effort at blaming the unvaccinated on R's when in fact it is their voters that are not getting vaccinated!

Personally I do not care one whit if someone get vaccinated or not.  It's their choice. It just pisses me off that the GOP has let the libs frame the argument that this is a GOP voter problem when it really isn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version