Author Topic: Why should I be pro-law enforcement if cops follow orders like this?  (Read 533 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
On Tuesday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-N.Y.) pioneered a new strategy to grasp for near-dictatorial power: declaring gun violence in the state of New York a “public health crisis” and a “disaster emergency.” Cuomo touted his “first-in-the-nation” initiative as a positive step for New York, rather than an excuse to circumvent the legislature. Cuomo even cited his own tyrannical abuses during the COVID-19 pandemic as precedent for the overreach.

Democrats have dropped hints that they might use various “public health” emergency declarations as an excuse to grasp power and circumvent the normal legislative process. Democrats have filed a bill to declare a national emergency on climate, for example. President Joe Biden himself has called guns a “public health crisis,” and perhaps Cuomo intends to inspire Biden to run roughshod over Congress.

“We’re building New York back better than ever before, but part of rebuilding is addressing the systemic injustices that were exposed by COVID. If you look at the recent numbers, more people are now dying from gun violence and crime than COVID – this is a national problem but someone has to step up and address this problem because our future depends on it,” Cuomo said in a statement on the executive order.

“Just like we did with COVID, New York is going to lead the nation once again with a comprehensive approach to combating and preventing gun violence, and our first step is acknowledging the problem with a first-in-the-nation disaster emergency on gun violence. When we see an injustice we don’t look the other way, we stand up and fight it because that’s the New York way,” the governor added.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/07/06/breaking-andrew-cuomo-seizes-emergency-powers-to-fight-gun-violence-public-health-emergency-n1459811

Any cop who participates in this initiative gets what is coming to them. I don't care if it's a patriot, a BLM activist, or some random thug on the street.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Why should I be pro-law enforcement if cops follow orders like this?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 07:45:09 AM »
Well, does this mean he'll be trying to take guns away from Obama's brothers and sons?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 07:59:20 AM »
Well, does this mean he'll be trying to take guns away from Obama's brothers and sons?

Oh, Frank. Your dry sarcasm never fails to amuse.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 12:43:33 PM »
If this stuff continues I do see this country going through a divorce.  I don't think it will come to civil war type splitting, but I do see where people are getting tired of the Nanny State and it's coming to a head.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 04:44:29 PM »
It's not complicated to revert to my hippie-youth...  A cop is my honorable adversary.

" Good luck trying to confiscate something from me, good luck trying to catch me at something, good luck at trying to out-psyche me in-the-moment about something, etc..... "

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 05:33:56 AM »
“Just like we did with COVID, New York is going to lead the nation once again . . .

In murdering Grandma and Grandpa? In forcing them to spend their last days on this earth alone, without family?

Andy Boy, you are scum, a thug, and a murderer. You are leading NY to the Gates of Hell and opening those gates using your master key.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 05:37:50 AM »
If this stuff continues I do see this country going through a divorce.  I don't think it will come to civil war type splitting, but I do see where people are getting tired of the Nanny State and it's coming to a head.

KC

Already there are some counties in Oregon that want to separate and become part of Idaho.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 05:42:42 AM »
Already there are some counties in Oregon that want to separate and become part of Idaho.

Yeah, I read online a while back there were some counties in OR that were wanting to do that.  I don't know how that is going to work out, but I hope it does.  You could end up seeing quite a few places doing something like that.  Hell, whole states divorcing their big cities and depriving them of the tax money they are squandering on the bullshit they squander it on.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 10:57:07 AM »
In murdering Grandma and Grandpa? In forcing them to spend their last days on this earth alone, without family?

Andy Boy, you are scum, a thug, and a murderer. You are leading NY to the Gates of Hell and opening those gates using your master key.

'Zackly.

K&R, and whatever else the DUmmies do when they like something...  :cheersmate:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus