Author Topic: Walmart is tempting me to steal from them  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Walmart is tempting me to steal from them
« on: May 02, 2021, 12:16:04 PM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100215393067

DUmmies explain the finer points of theft. I can’t bring it over right now but invite you to peruse their reasons for stealing.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

Re: Walmart is tempting me to steal from them
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 12:35:07 PM »
Sun May 2, 2021, 09:50 AM
Star Member calguy (3,139 posts)

Walmart is tempting me to steal from them

I haven't done it yet. But the temptation is getting stronger. Since our Walmart removed most of the checkout stations and replaced them with self-checkout, I feel like Walmart is forcing me to work for them. Because I'm forced to scan my own items, they're not paying wages to a checkout clerk. Even though I often used self checkout before, it pisses me off that now they're forcing me to.

If they're cutting their expenses by forcing me to scan my own groceries, why shouldn't I get some sort of compensation?

I mean, why can't I put a few smaller items in my bag without scanning them? Why shouldn't I be able to scan only three cans of tuna, when I'm buying four? What's wrong with touching the picture of cheaper apples, when the more expensive variety is on the scale.

If Walmart forces me to do their employees' work, isn't it only fair to force Walmart to give me compensation?

I've always considered myself an honest guy, but when Walmart steals my labor, I'm tempted to retaliate.

They always consider themselves to be virtuous, when in reality they are a bunch of low life dirtbags.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 12:47:51 PM »
Walmarts have lots of cameras.  Those workers checking receipts when you leave are glancing at receipts to see if self checkout was used.

I have noticed that if you use a regular checkout, they don't look in any bags. If you used the self checkout, they may glance in the bags if there are big ticket items.  They also watch the person to see if they act nervous.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 01:42:09 PM »
Um, this DUchebag doesn't realize that he absolutely IS getting compensation: He isn't paying what his groceries would cost if Wal-Mart had to pay cashiers what the DUpipo think they should.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 01:48:54 PM »
Quote from:
cagefreesoylentgreen

92. A self-checkout machine has never judged me for being trans

I don’t think they pass judgment on people who have to use EBT cards either.

Don’t be so sure. As smart as these machines have become, no doubt they’ve taken your pic and passed it around for a good laugh. And can you blame them?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 02:06:52 PM »
Bet this DUmbass is for a $15 or more minimum wage which is causing these stores to install self checkout machines.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 02:53:49 PM »
Um, this DUchebag doesn't realize that he absolutely IS getting compensation: He isn't paying what his groceries would cost if Wal-Mart had to pay cashiers what the DUpipo think they should.

The primitives always forget that part.

Labor is an expense that is passed onto the ultimate consumer, and that's a hard-and-fast rule that can't be changed or ignored.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 03:07:02 PM »
The primitives always forget that part.

Labor is an expense that is passed onto the ultimate consumer, and that's a hard-and-fast rule that can't be changed or ignored.
My proggie FB friends who want higher taxes on corporations (their "fair share") are always surprised when I tell them that corporations don't pay taxes, and never will. They will simply pass that expense onto their customers via higher prices for their products. They have literally lol'd at me for saying that. Because everyone knows, if they have to pay their "fair share," it will come out of the big pot of $$$ that's kept in the CEO's offices.  ::)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »

:hi5:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »
Walmarts have lots of cameras.  Those workers checking receipts when you leave are glancing at receipts to see if self checkout was used.

I have noticed that if you use a regular checkout, they don't look in any bags. If you used the self checkout, they may glance in the bags if there are big ticket items.  They also watch the person to see if they act nervous.

Not just that, but my Walmart actually has a camera trained on the bagging area as I found out last week. The bags were on my right and I had a bunch of things in my right hand and realized that I needed to get the bag open and did so after I scanned and dropped one in the bag with my right hand, it immediately flagged and showed a still capture of everything in my hand to the clerk. She laughed and said you’d have been surprised how many were doing that and it’s what prompted the camera.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 09:58:20 AM »
More "nothing is my fault" justification from those who don't have a moral base.  Making no claims to be perfect, but I know who to blame for the thoughts in my head, and it ain't Walmart. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 10:16:36 AM »
My Walmart is a MESS to shop at, so I order delivery.

Last week after I ordered, I did NOT get a delivery.

Received an email that said the "DRIVER" did NOT show up and a replacement could NOT be found.

Joe asterisk has CREATED unemployment by subsidizing UNEMPLOYMENT with almost $700 per week in my state.

Why would somebody deliver groceries if they can sit at home and collect $700 per week and the summer is almost here.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 12:59:44 PM »
Don’t be so sure. As smart as these machines have become, no doubt they’ve taken your pic and passed it around for a good laugh. And can you blame them?

:-)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 04:22:17 PM »
My Walmart is a MESS to shop at, so I order delivery.

Last week after I ordered, I did NOT get a delivery.

Received an email that said the "DRIVER" did NOT show up and a replacement could NOT be found.

Joe asterisk has CREATED unemployment by subsidizing UNEMPLOYMENT with almost $700 per week in my state.

Why would somebody deliver groceries if they can sit at home and collect $700 per week and the summer is almost here.

Joe Biden wants to put all those delivery drivers, uber drivers and others like them out of work.

EXCLUSIVE U.S. Labor Secretary supports classifying gig workers as employees

A lot of gig workers in the United States should be classified as “employees” who deserve work benefits, President Biden’s labor secretary said on Thursday, suggesting a shift in policy that is likely to raise costs for companies that depend on contractors such as Uber (UBER.N) and Lyft (LYFT.O).

Labor Secretary Marty Walsh, a son of Irish immigrants and a former union member, has been expected to boost the Biden Administration's efforts to expand workers' protections and deliver a win for the country's organized labor movement.

"We are looking at it but in a lot of cases gig workers should be classified as employees... in some cases they are treated respectfully and in some cases they are not and I think it has to be consistent across the board," Walsh told Reuters in an interview, expressing his view on the topic for the first time.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-us-labor-secretary-says-most-gig-workers-should-be-classified-2021-04-29/