Author Topic: Stanford study quietly published at NIH.gov proves face masks are absolutely wor  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.educationviews.org/stanford-study-quietly-published-at-nih-gov-proves-face-masks-are-absolutely-worthless-against-covid/

Stanford study quietly published at NIH.gov proves face masks are absolutely worthless against Covid”

Apr 19, 2021 by Medical News

Did you hear about the peer-reviewed study done by Stanford University that demonstrates beyond a reasonable doubt that face masks have absolutely zero chance of preventing the spread of Covid-19? No? It was posted on the the National Center for Biotechnological Information government website. The NCBI is a branch of the National Institute for Health, so one would think such a study would be widely reported by mainstream media and embraced by the “science-loving” folks in Big Tech.

Instead, a DuckDuckGo search reveals it was picked up by ZERO mainstream media outlets and Big Tech tyrants will suspend people who post it, as political strategist Steve Cortes learned the hard way when he posted a Tweet that went against the face mask narrative. The Tweet itself featured a quote and a link that prompted Twitter to suspend his account, potentially indefinitely.

He was quoting directly from the NCBI publication of the study. The government website he linked to features a peer-reviewed study by Stanford University’s Baruch Vainshelboim. In it, he cited 67 scholars, doctors, scientists, and other studies to support his conclusions.

<<SNIP>>

There's more at the link.  Things that make you go, hmmmm.  Anyone wanna burn a mole?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I should probably put this in here, too;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

The physical properties of medical and non-medical facemasks suggest that facemasks are ineffective to block viral particles due to their difference in scales [16], [17], [25]. According to the current knowledge, the virus SARS-CoV-2 has a diameter of 60 nm to 140 nm [nanometers (billionth of a meter)] [16], [17], while medical and non-medical facemasks’ thread diameter ranges from 55 µm to 440 µm [micrometers (one millionth of a meter), which is more than 1000 times larger [25]. Due to the difference in sizes between SARS-CoV-2 diameter and facemasks thread diameter (the virus is 1000 times smaller), SARS-CoV-2 can easily pass through any facemask [25]. In addition, the efficiency filtration rate of facemasks is poor, ranging from 0.7% in non-surgical, cotton-gauze woven mask to 26% in cotton sweeter material [2]. With respect to surgical and N95 medical facemasks, the efficiency filtration rate falls to 15% and 58%, respectively when even small gap between the mask and the face exists [25].

Clinical scientific evidence challenges further the efficacy of facemasks to block human-to-human transmission or infectivity. A randomized controlled trial (RCT) of 246 participants [123 (50%) symptomatic)] who were allocated to either wearing or not wearing surgical facemask, assessing viruses transmission including coronavirus [26]. The results of this study showed that among symptomatic individuals (those with fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose ect…) there was no difference between wearing and not wearing facemask for coronavirus droplets transmission of particles of >5 µm. Among asymptomatic individuals, there was no droplets or aerosols coronavirus detected from any participant with or without the mask, suggesting that asymptomatic individuals do not transmit or infect other people [26]. This was further supported by a study on infectivity where 445 asymptomatic individuals were exposed to asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carrier (been positive for SARS-CoV-2) using close contact (shared quarantine space) for a median of 4 to 5 days. The study found that none of the 445 individuals was infected with SARS-CoV-2 confirmed by real-time reverse transcription polymerase [27].

<<SNIP>>

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Copy downloaded before Minitrue gets to it....

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

just shut up all of yous and put your ****ing masks on!!!

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
just shut up all of yous and put your ****ing masks on!!!

I picture moonbat heads exploding "Take off that Nazi.. but then you aren't masked...can't decided which is more offensive..."   :panic: :panic: :panic: (no exploding head emoji  :( )
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Well, no exploding head, but we have this one.  LOL

:overreaction:

KC

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I should probably put this in here, too;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

KC

The standard leftist moonbat hand-wringer Karen argument against the size disparity between Covid and mask media, i.e., the Covid virus is much, much smaller than the gaps in the filter media, thereby allowing the virus to easily pass through, is "the virus vectors on DROPLETS which are stopped by the filter!".

Completely ludicrous. As if the virus can't ride on vapor which one can EASILY see when donning a surgical mask. My glasses fog up every time I put that damned mask on and if my breath vapors leak out around the edges of the mask, so can the virus.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline 3rd-try

Thank you for this information. I've saved a copy and printed off a copy. The printed copy has already left one pro-mask co-worker speechless. Noting the absolute conclusion stated (not even the usual "further study needed" ) along with the publish date is a perfect example of how we can't believe a damn thing our current administration says. If they say it will be sunny and warm, I'm taking my coat and umbrella. And, possibly a snow shovel.