The Bar > Sports

2021 Super Bowl Commercials

<< < (2/7) > >>

Dark Powers:

--- Quote from: DLR Pyro on January 26, 2021, 06:08:52 PM ---Who takes the hardest hit from this?  The nfl or the network who bought the rights to televise the game?

--- End quote ---
That would be a good question. To be honest, I don't know.

Dark Powers:
Updated

Texacon:
I think some of it is driven by the fact viewership is way down from past years.  The NFL pretty much screwed the pooch by not stopping what was going on.  I know I used to be a football junky, hardly missed a televised game, but I haven't watched a single game in 3 years, including the Super Bowl.

KC

Dark Powers:

--- Quote from: Texacon on January 27, 2021, 09:04:30 AM ---I think some of it is driven by the fact viewership is way down from past years.  The NFL pretty much screwed the pooch by not stopping what was going on.  I know I used to be a football junky, hardly missed a televised game, but I haven't watched a single game in 3 years, including the Super Bowl.

KC

--- End quote ---
I wouldn't rule that out, and there likely is some. Could also be partly the teams. Seriously. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Not really a nationally discussed team.

But many of the large advertisers have flat out said they don't intend to due to the political climate.

Coke flat out said with the fact their having to lay off a large portion of it's employee's it didn't feel it was right to spend millions on super bowl ads with so many of it's workers laid off.

Budweiser though it's running nearly 4 min of ads for it's brands, for the parent company which usually does the Clydesdale or a heart warming ad, is instead using that money to run ads on regular spaces to promote covid vaccinations.

Pepsi is bowing out after their 2017 ad blew up in their face featuring a BLM protester walking up to a police line offering a office a pepsi in peace. The BLM movement torched the company for that ad and they have been reeling sense.

Gillette for the same reason after their horrid campaign questioning "Toxic Masculinity" and promoting transgenderism as well as the #Metoo movement. The company lost more then $8 Billion from that campaign.

Drafe Hoblin:
I think we're talking low-ratings.  Or we were before Brady got-in.  Not sure how the numbers are going to shake out.

I don't have a feeling about the ads.  There'll be a ton of flops.  There always are.  The thing about the Dot Com era were the amount of one-time-only ads.  A lot of those companies went out of business within weeks after the broadcast.  That's the closest era that I can compare to what broadcast may come-off like this year.

It'll be interesting to see how 'the commercials' frame the reality of kids being out of school.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version