The Help Desk > Computer Related Discussions & Questions

How to keep Apple from deleting the Parler app on your iPhone

(1/2) > >>

franksolich:
https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/how-to-keep-apple-from-deleting-the-parler-app-on-your-iphone/

How to keep Apple from deleting the Parler app on your iPhone

A tweet, which I can't bring here. 

--- Quote ---Did some quick research and it checks out. After you have found the “screen time” tab in your “settings” follow this step-by-step process to keep Apple from deleting apps you have downloaded to your phone.
--- End quote ---

Eupher:
I don't use my phone on social media at all, but if I did, my phone runs on Android. Steve Jobs and his ilk may have made a great phone, but that phone looks a lot like a tattoo containing numbers etched on a Jew's underarm a few years back.

Chickens coming home to roost, evidently.

DLR Pyro:
I don't see how apple can legally remove an app from a device you bought and paid for just because they like where that app may take you. 

It would be like GM somehow disabling certain frequencies on the radio in your car after you purchase it to keep you from listening certain radio programs. 

Eupher:

--- Quote from: DLR Pyro on January 13, 2021, 09:39:20 AM ---I don't see how apple can legally remove an app from a device you bought and paid for just because they like where that app may take you. 

It would be like GM somehow disabling certain frequencies on the radio in your car after you purchase it to keep you from listening certain radio programs.

--- End quote ---

This is where I'm displaying my ignorance. Is Apple removing an app from your phone? Or are they removing it from their "app store?"

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: Eupher on January 13, 2021, 09:42:38 AM ---This is where I'm displaying my ignorance. Is Apple removing an app from your phone? Or are they removing it from their "app store?"

--- End quote ---
I believe both.

I understand they have the right to limit what is offered on their app store even if their intent is to choke free speech, but once you have downloaded it onto your personal device that you own, I don't see how their reach can legally go that far.

Maybe Dumbass Tanker can offer more insight into the legal aspects of this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version