Author Topic: Sick And Tired Of This Cr@p!  (Read 11665 times)

Offline mrclose

Sick And Tired Of This Cr@p!
« on: November 10, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »

Wasn't sure where to post this?
(If there were such a topic, I'd be inclined to post it in Grief and Mourning!)

As you can see from my Title ... I am P!$$ed!

I am receiving calls from unavailable .. constantly!
(FIOS digital landline)

As I write this the same call has come 4 times.

It happens at least 15 to 20 times daily!

I have nomorobo through Verizon FIOS but I can't add 'unavailable' to the block list.
(Nomorobo is a Great free robo-blocking service that you don't have to have verizon to use)

The phone usually rings 3 times and then you hear the sound that usually comes with an early hangup.

(My phone answers on the 5th ring)

I've tried the block all unavailable/private option BUT Verizon keeps saying that they couldn't process my request at this time, please try again later!

(That has been going on for a week now)

There is no way to see what number is calling and it seems that nothing can be done?

Nomorobo catches ALL of the other calls but can't catch this 'unavailable' call!

Just received the call 2 more times!!

Am I the only one that this is happening to?

Thank You. 
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

Re: Sick And Tired Of This Cr@p!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »
The call is so strange because it only rings 3 times and then disconnects with which almost sounds like a busy signal?

I was wondering if my number is being used to spoof others with?

I am so tired of this CR@P! :hammer:

~ Anonymous

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 04:27:56 AM »
If you have internet, get Vonage.  I've had it for 11 years and it's great.

--Flat rate.  Especially after I got married not quite 10 years ago, my wife would have bankrupted me with her long distance bills from a regular landline carrier.  I know exactly to the penny what my next phone bill will be.

--Website controls for -- too much to list here.  Including blocking ALL unknowns!  Or specific numbers if you have a stalky ex.

and moar :)
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:00:51 PM »

As you can see from my Title ... I am P!$$ed!

I have no solution but I wanted to share info

Those bastards are infuriating.
I've been working with a Senator here in my state for about a year now (he's a high school friend so he actually listens to me) on a suggested law to make it mandatory for Telco providers to implement a system for this.
I have no solution for you and if you aren't interested in how this works, no need to read further...

So what I have worked up with him is a mandatory filtering system.
Every telco knows what telephone numbers exist on their system. So let's use AT&T for this example. They know all the telephone numbers that they own for distribution. They used to be in blocks, but now since the world of porting came about, they are scattered and messy, but they still know. It's the same principle used in IP routing so all other carriers know where to send calls and how to get them routed there.
so let's say you are at AT&T customer. Now lets say some nigerian asshole uses skype and calls you, spoofing his callerid. When the call comes inbound to the AT&T network, they will be forced to check that callerid. If it's one of theirs, they drop the link and your phone never rings because they will know it's spoofed. All the carriers in the US would eventually need to follow this standard in order for it to work 100%. In doing so, those calls could never be routed to their destination.
Now, if the nigerian asshole is in the USA, AND is also on AT&T like you AND he tries to call you with a spoofed number, AT&T will automatically already KNOW he's spoofing a number that is not his and drop the call. So all the bases are covered.
The real issue is the carriers. They don't want the calls blocked. They are making money when your phone rings. So getting them to voluntarily do something about it isn't so promising. Just like USPS gets paid for delivering junk mail, the phone carriers make money off of those calls.
I don't know if this little project we are doing will ever go anywhere, but we are going to try. The sons of bitches have nearly rendered my home phone useless. 95% of all calls I get are from these bastards. Of course I block all calls with no callerid.. something you appear to be having an issue with.
I'm pissed off and I'm on a mission.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »
Thank You    FunkyZero but I have solved the problem!

I stumbled onto this 'other option' on line while searching for my "unavailable" phone call, spammer solution!

I have a Panasonic  phone system that previously ... unknown to me has a feature called "No Number" Block!

There are three or four ways of blocking incoming calls on this phone system such as: "Out of Area", "Private", "Name Only" and others but the No Number block is supposed to block all calls that come in with no number, hidden or just not there!
This is exactly what I need and had no idea that it was available!

It's not in the phones menu and it's not in the manual!?

You have to push the # button, enter 240 and click select when asked if you want to block no numbers!

As I said, I stumbled across this on line!

If anyone has a Panasonic phone system and are curious about this, Here is the link to the instructions:
(Ignore the lists of phones at the bottom that this is supposed to work with. My phone isn't listed but I have the option on my phone anyway!)

http://eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20784/~/how-to-block-calls.

Panasonic Did It!!!

With the use of nomorobo and my Panasonic no number blocking ... I am getting NO spam calls now!

Well until the b@$$-turds figure out how to overcome the obstacles that are in their way again!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:48:44 PM by mrclose »

~ Anonymous

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 06:20:32 AM »
Thank You    FunkyZero but I have solved the problem!

I stumbled onto this 'other option' on line while searching for my "unavailable" phone call, spammer solution!

I have a Panasonic  phone system that previously ... unknown to me has a feature called "No Number" Block!

There are three or four ways of blocking incoming calls on this phone system such as: "Out of Area", "Private", "Name Only" and others but the No Number block is supposed to block all calls that come in with no number, hidden or just not there!
This is exactly what I need and had no idea that it was available!

It's not in the phones menu and it's not in the manual!?

You have to push the # button, enter 240 and click select when asked if you want to block no numbers!

As I said, I stumbled across this on line!

If anyone has a Panasonic phone system and are curious about this, Here is the link to the instructions:
(Ignore the lists of phones at the bottom that this is supposed to work with. My phone isn't listed but I have the option on my phone anyway!)

http://eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20784/~/how-to-block-calls.

Panasonic Did It!!!

With the use of nomorobo and my Panasonic no number blocking ... I am getting NO spam calls now!

Well until the b@$$-turds figure out how to overcome the obstacles that are in their way again!

I have a Panasonic system and I just tried your #240 on one of mine and apparently it doesn't have that feature unfortunately