Author Topic: campaigning and voting thread for Top DUmmies of 2016  (Read 34794 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: campaigning and voting thread for Top DUmmies of 2016
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2016, 02:31:40 PM »
Is voting still open to members at CU?
If so, I have another ballot to stuff in the box.   :whistling:
What, are you trying to pull a Chicago move?  Voting early and often?

I'll toss up a thread there.  Meant to earlier, real life got in the way, so my apologies.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2016, 03:08:13 PM »
William Pitt Rivers Award:
mopinko

Top DUmmies:

TheMastersNemesis
LaydeeBug
demtenjeep
Gothmog
Omaha Steve
philoslayer
sheshe2
bravenak
jodymarie aimee
kentuck

Offline Karin

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2016, 03:48:17 PM »
Jodymarie aimee:  That name annoys me for some reason. 

I see we've uncovered some voting shenanigans.  You could be one person here, one person at CU, and a mole at DU and vote three times!   :panic:

IT'S TREASON.

I can't wait to see the hate mail   :yahoo:

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2016, 04:39:59 PM »
Jodymarie aimee:  That name annoys me for some reason. 

I see we've uncovered some voting shenanigans.  You could be one person here, one person at CU, and a mole at DU and vote three times!   :panic:

IT'S TREASON.

I can't wait to see the hate mail   :yahoo:

Damn...
Forgot about the DU mole.
Thanks Karin!   :blowkiss:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »
I'm not going to bother closing and locking this thread, as it's colder than Hades out here in the Sandhills of Nebraska, and I'm headed for under the covers and won't come out in time to do that.  It's going to be this way for a few days, this deep freeze.

Mr. Wiggum may accept votes until such time he himself chooses not to; it's not a big deal with me.

I'll be back Friday to un-"sticky" the nomination and campaigning threads and shove them up into the DUmping Ground, the reference-section of the DUmpster.

I thought it was pretty much understood that anybody was eligible to vote, provided they gave Mr. Wiggum evidence of their being bona fide.  That of course includes members of our old home, conservativeunderground, whose input and votes of course have always been eagerly sought.

I didn't post any announcement of the Top DUmmies over there simply because based upon past experience, I myself never got any reaction other than a bored "ho-hum."  And so not wanting to be a nag, a nuisance.....

I'm not sure when the Ralph is going to come out, but if it comes out when I'm not around, I'd appreciate either Carl or SSG Snuggle Bunny "sticky"ing it to the top of the forum, as Mr. Wiggum can't do that himself.

The William Rivers Pitt award, for the most-memorable primitive of the past 15 years (who hasn't yet won the award), will come out Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24, after which each of the Top DUmmies of 2016, in backwards order, beginning with #10, will come out.

The next-to-the-last award, the franksolich, for a primitive who should've been one of the top ten but wasn't, will come out the morning of New Year's Eve, Saturday, December 31.

The big one, the #01 Top DUmmie of 2016 will come out some time that afternoon or evening of the same day, in time for one to celebrate the incoming New Year.
apres moi, le deluge