Author Topic: Cincinnati vs. tOSU  (Read 983 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Cincinnati vs. tOSU
« on: November 11, 2009, 11:22:35 AM »
This has come up before on the sports forum so I'll throw out a prediction here...

A few years ago my SIL was teaching at Notre Dame and it looked like ND and Ohio State were a possible match up in a BCS bowl. I actually "called it" several weeks before and it happened in the Fiesta Bowl. Well, here we are again, closing in on crunch time. Who is the best school in Ohio? My hope is that this year we get to find out. With tOSU's win over Penn State and a possible (likely) win vs. Iowa they should nab a BCS game. Cincinnati is also well in the picture, though even an undefeated Bearcat team will not see a championship. That's just the BCS breaks.

So.

Why not? Could the big brass resist a "battle of Ohio" with both schools finishing in the top 12? Might just happen. You heard it here first(ish?).

And I might just root for the Bearcats in this one!  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Cincinnati vs. tOSU
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:49:32 AM »
I think they'll (Ohio State) go to the Rose Bowl. Cincinnati in the Orange and TCU in the Fiesta.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »
I would say with both teams healthy and a one time matchup, this year the Bearcats would win.  The Bearcats have the better starting talent.

If however, you could magically arrange two parallel universes and have OSU and Cincinnati play the same teams every week (for instance, both of them play a 12 game schedule against every SEC team), OSU would have the better record by far because they have depth.

The problem with OSU is Pryor.  Against PSU, he was 8-17 for 125 yrds and 2 TD's.  He could just as easily have been 2-17 for 10 yards and 3 INT's.  Which is to say the only thing consistent with him is his inconsistency.

Both Pike and Collaros have been rocks as QB for Cincinnati; an enviable position to be in.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »
The problem with OSU is Pryor. 

Uhgh, good Lord your preachin' to the choir there my friend. If I hear one more Buckeye fan claim Pryor is the next new Vince Young I'll barf on my keyboard. The guy is crap and this Ohio State team, like many, has some real talent at WR so what's the excuse? (OK the run game fell off a cliff) Until he can hit 20 guys a game, every game, I'll question the wisdom of the otherwise, well wise, Jim Tressel.

Quote from: Odin's Hand
I think they'll (Ohio State) go to the Rose Bowl. Cincinnati in the Orange and TCU in the Fiesta.

Good point. Maybe Iowa would have to win (at OSU) for the scenario I hope for to happen. (??)

Yeah, I could see Cincy in the Orange Bowl (again). Not the best outcome after a "magic" season but hey, they could actually go to the Orange Bowl and win. That's not chump change.

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »
I'm not a fan of either team, but I'll be pulling for Cincy. I HATE the Buckeyes.......along with Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Michigan, and Miami.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.