Author Topic: gored primitive has a big-assed crack  (Read 808 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
gored primitive has a big-assed crack
« on: June 11, 2008, 05:04:04 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=287x6526

Oh my.

Gore1FL  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 10:26 PM
Original message

Big-Assed crack in my basement wall that leaks

Any good way to fix this from the inside?

The outside is blocked by a deck.

Wash. state Desk Jet  Donating Member  (887 posts) Wed Jun-11-08 02:38 AM
Response to Original message

1. You can try sealing it from the inside using the same material you would use on the outside.You can trawl it on or roll it on with a big bushy roller. It's concrete crack sealer ,a coating that is put on the below ground concrete.But the water is still going get into the concrete from the outside ,the crack gets bigger.

Call a building supply and ask what do they use to seal the concrete below ground relation to cracks. It's pretty expensive stuff ,but it's also effective. There is a epoxy that is used when anchoring bolts into the foundation -earth quake thing,older homes may not have been bolted down to the foundation ,actually very many never were.You might check into a method of injecting the epoxy into the cracks from the inside.

I would have to look that up myself and ask other contractors what might work.

Otherwise you disassemble your deck,rend a small back hoe and dig down along thee side of the House. French drain to direct all water away from the house.

Or remove all decking boards and poor concrete up to foundation ,down angle it away from the house ,yadda yadda you know the drill!

Put the crack in the concrete up in a pic and show the deck from the outside. And is the deck a open deck? And what about gutter down spouts on that side of the house?
apres moi, le deluge