Author Topic: Hey Frank!  (Read 1670 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Hey Frank!
« on: March 09, 2008, 02:48:08 PM »
We need a name for the RP types such as how you call DU'ers "primitives". Ronulan is overplayed.

Surely these people are a case study in abnormal sociology as any on Skin's Island.

I wanted to call them "aboriginals" but that seemed unoriginal.

What say you?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Hey Frank!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 03:23:20 PM »
We need a name for the RP types such as how you call DU'ers "primitives". Ronulan is overplayed.

Surely these people are a case study in abnormal sociology as any on Skin's Island.

What say you?

I never thought about it, mostly because the Paulistas to me seemed a transient, temporary, phenomenon, not likely to stay around long enough to deserve a name.

And I still think that's the case; who's going to remember them in July?

(caveat: this does NOT apply to our friend John Matrix here, most definitely not--because one sees John Matrix as distinctively John Matrix, and not part of a huddled angry mass, such as the unterprimitiven, the lynch mob, on Skins's island.  One has to admit, and enthusiastically so, that John has brains and wit and tenacity, and so one long ago stopped considering him a Paulista, considering him instead what he is, John Matrix.)

For right now, "Paulista" seems to fit the bill, but I'm sure, if there's a demand out there for a new name, sooner or later one will naturally evolve--but as Paulistas are a more-developed sort of people than the primitives on Skins's island, it would have to be something in between "primitives" and "decent civilized people," mid-level.

Actually, I don't invent names; they just naturally evolve.  "Fat Che," for the monstrous benburch, is the only name I recall that I purposely invented (although the recent "Oscar Wilde" for the large-proboscised primitive Cyrano, was a sort of coerced, hurried, evolution).  All of the other monickers just naturally came into being, and have changed over time.

I have no idea how many different names I used for Doug's ex-wife until this one; and too, before the DUmmies were primitives, for some time I had baptized them "neanderthalics."

I don't have the creative genius of Freeper; I'm sort of lazy, and just wait for something to come along, and if it works, fine; if it doesn't work, I wait for something else to naturally come along.

And too, I get sloppy and careless; right now, I'm wondering if I have the lilliputian tom thumb primitive mixed up with another primitive, a known associate of the maharani primitive, LionessPryanka.  I'm still looking into that one, and if anyone recalls a primitive "meet-up" in New York City last year--the psychotic primitive, the "psychic" BettyEllen, was there, along with the maharani primitive, and they posted photographs--if they can recall the exact "tom" primitive who was there, I'd appreciate it.

A short, swarthy little guy, this "tom" primitive.

I'm thinking now I misidentified, in which case the laborious process of evolving another name for ThomWV will have to be undertaken.

Cold Warrior over at the other place once gently reminded me I do have the habit of mixing up primitives (in his case cited, the wily primitive, Wiley50, which I had mixed up with WilECoyote or somesuch name.

Cold Warrior was right, but damn it, just as the primitives frankly acknowledged back in 2006 that all black people look alike to them, all primitives tend to look the same to me.

But now that you inspired me, sir, I'll let the brain-cells freely and randomly flow, until an appropriate name for the Paulistas evolves.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:46:25 AM »
They are now and ever shall be, Rongaloids.

Not to step on Franks toes but it fits them.

The political equivilent of the retarded brother in "There's Something About Mary".

"Franks and Beans!!!"

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 05:20:36 AM »
We have always refered to the lunatic libertarians as "Istas" so I think "Paulista" is perfect also.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:10:19 PM »
There was a form of gnostic dualism who's members were known as Paulicians.  They were also, relatively, short lived and hardly anyone remembers them today.

I read about them only last year and have already forgotten what distinguished them from other gnostic sects.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »
Paulistinians.

Even if they got their wish, they still lob rockets at the neighbors, throw rocks at people who think differntly, and they have a tendancy to explode.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 09:40:22 PM »
Ronobots are just as bad as DUmmies.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Sonnabend

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 03:50:26 AM »

I'd rather you didn't. The Aboriginals are a race that are thousands of years old, and despite the issues we face today, their culture is rich and diverse...their legends ancient.

They are as far above a Ronulan, as we are to an amoeba.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 05:41:06 AM »

I'd rather you didn't. The Aboriginals are a race that are thousands of years old, and despite the issues we face today, their culture is rich and diverse...their legends ancient.

They are as far above a Ronulan, as we are to an amoeba.

That had just been a fleeting thought, as I was flailing around to think of something uncivilized.

I concur with your opinion of the Aboriginals; as I've said about the natives of the South Seas and the Arabs inhabiting the deserts, these people live in times and places much more hostile to the well-being of humans, and the fact that they manage to survive, using whatever means and practices they use, is remarkable.

Fortunately, "primitives" is a pretty generic word; the primitives of Skins's island of course being savages and barbarians of European derivation who poke holes in their bodies, paint their bodies, run around in decadent carnal anarchy, possess wildly superstitious fears about things which they know not, and care only about themselves.

As for the Paulistas, they're fading, soon to be gone, so no need to think of a term for them, other than the ones in common use (I prefer "Paulistas," but there's others).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »
Well if we're going there, then the Jonestown (or Paultown) residents would suffice nicely.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford