Author Topic: canned lard primitive says nothing's changed  (Read 861 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
canned lard primitive says nothing's changed
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:33:41 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5736195

This is brand-new; franksolich has high hopes for this bonfire.

Crisco  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-29-08 02:28 PM
Original message

Change? Change, My Big, Fat, White Ass

Barack Obama's supporters' #1 reason for backing him, going back to January, is "he represents change." Rev. Jeremiah Wright's reappearance in the national media has given his former protege a chance to prove that, but instead we are seeing political campaigning as usual.

Last Friday night, Wright appeared on Bill Moyers' journal and said a great many things that liberals, populists, and other political grumblers have been saying for years. About corporate media. About Bush's war. About separation of church & state. About glossed over history written by the victors. Instead of cheering, however, Obama's supporters - those desperate for change people - have let out collective groans.

Even worse, Barack Obama took to the air waves today to further distance himself and do what he said he wouldn't before - denounce Wright - and lefties cheer.

As a Hillary Clinton backer, I'm both oddly thrilled and horrified by what's unfolding before our eyes. Barack Obama stood up and denounced all of the left's salient points of the last twenty years, and people who say they're backing him because he represents change think it's the bestest thing in the world. You see, I and others always believed he was selling snake oil all along. We just never imagined that those who were drinking the Kool-Aid were aware of it all along.

Nederland  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-29-08 02:29 PM
Response to Original message

1. That is precisely why he represents change

Obama represents a radical departure from the same old tired leftist arguments of the past 20 years.

DJ13  (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-29-08 02:30 PM
Response to Original message

2. Compared to Hillarys old fashioned DC insider politics Obama IS change

When you understand what that means, you'll finally come to terms with the reason Hillary is losing.

Oh my again.
apres moi, le deluge