Author Topic: transient garbage on the rise- Bobo is on to us- Thanks zeitgeist  (Read 2687 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Re: transient garbage on the rise- Bobo is on to us- Thanks zeitgeist
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 07:41:09 AM »
What the HELL is wrong with a government job, State,  or Town.?

Military, Police, Fireman, Defence Workers, the states have to hire workers to repair bridges, fight forest fires, give out drivers licenses, and guard our jails and prisons.   

Lots of Government jobs out there of one kind or another that is very understaffed and a GED or High School diploma is all it takes to qualify.

There is nothing wrong with a government job where something is actually accomplished which cannot be more easily and cheaply accomplished by the private sector, is fairly compensated with a realistic benefit package.  But lets be real here Vesta how many jobs in the public sector match that description?  UM????

Heaven knows the mail needs to be delivered but after being away a little over a week then going through the mail I received ( it was taken in an placed in a plastic tote every day along with the home delivery of the daily fish wrap ) well, guess what, there was a full tote but there were darn few pieces of mail I needed to keep.

The shredder got a pretty good workout yesterday.  So what did my mailman accomplish?  Highly paid with great benefit package to deliver paid advertising at a reduced rate.  Now he is a nice guy and all that but really, I got most of the same ads in the local fish wrap delivered by an Amer-Asian independent contractor who gets zip for bennies from Seacoast Media Group ( trust me they get zip-it-tee-doo ) 

Happy birthday to Margaret Sanger btw.  Let see if the dummies remember to celebrate the birth of the founder of Planned Parenthood. 

Margaret Higgins Sanger (September 14, 1879 – September 6, 1966) was an American birth control activist, an advocate of negative eugenics, and the founder of the American Birth Control League (which eventually became Planned Parenthood). Initially met with fierce opposition to her ideas, Sanger gradually won some support, both in the public as well as the courts, for a woman's choice to decide how and when, if ever, she will bear children. In her drive to open the way to universal access to birth control, Sanger was ahead of her time. However, her racist ideology and advocacy for eugenics are positions which have tarnished her reputation.

She would have put Bobo the hobo out of buisness given the chance.

Sanger was a proponent of eugenics, a social philosophy that gained strong support in the United States in the early 20th century. The philosophy claimed that human hereditary traits can be improved through social intervention. Methods of social intervention (targeted at those seen as "genetically unfit") advocated by eugenists have included selective breeding, sterilization and euthanasia. In "A Plan for Peace" (1932), for example, Sanger argued for:

A stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is already tainted or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring.[13]

Her first pamphlet read:

It is a vicious cycle; ignorance breeds poverty and poverty breeds ignorance. There is only one cure for both, and that is to stop breeding these things. Stop bringing to birth children whose inheritance cannot be one of health or intelligence. Stop bringing into the world children whose parents cannot provide for them. Herein lies the key of civilization. For upon the foundation of an enlightened and voluntary motherhood shall a future civilization emerge.[14]

< watch this space for coming distractions >