Author Topic: transient garbage on the rise- Bobo is on to us- Thanks zeitgeist  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
transient garbage on the rise- Bobo is on to us- Thanks zeitgeist
« on: September 11, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »
zeitgeist had this embedded in another thread. It needs its own thread as Bobo let it slip that she is on to us.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4536871

alp227  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Sep-11-10 07:20 PM
Original message
Number of Families in Homeless Shelters Rises

Source: The New York Times

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — For a few hours at the mall here this month, Nick Griffith, his wife, Lacey Lennon, and their two young children got to feel like a regular family again.

Never mind that they were just killing time away from the homeless shelter where they are staying, or that they had to take two city buses to get to the shopping center because they pawned one car earlier this year and had another repossessed, or that the debit card Ms. Lennon inserted into the A.T.M. was courtesy of the state’s welfare program.

They ate lunch at the food court, browsed for clothes and just strolled, blending in with everyone else out on a scorching hot summer day. “It’s exactly why we come here,” Ms. Lennon said. “It reminds us of our old life.”

For millions who have lost jobs or faced eviction in the economic downturn, homelessness is perhaps the darkest fear of all. In the end, though, for all the devastation wrought by the recession, a vast majority of people who have faced the possibility have somehow managed to avoid it.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/12/us/12shelter.html

awoke_in_2003  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Sep-11-10 07:38 PM
Response to Original message
2. k&r...

and it only going to get worse, while most Americans ignore it. Hell, even here for that matter. One poster (an old timer) here today talked about "transient garbage". Unreal.

bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Sep-11-10 08:23 PM
Response to Reply #7
9. And people who are too old, too sick, too injured to work?

btw, this isn't a cell phone... really, it isn't

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: transient garbage on the rise- Bobo is on to us- Thanks zeitgeist
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »
Oh! is that against DU rules? bitching about other DU'ers in another thread?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »
bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Sep-11-10 08:23 PM
Response to Reply #7
9. And people who are too old, too sick, too injured to work?

btw, this isn't a cell phone... really, it isn't

OMG! I thought you made that up Tucker, but she really said that.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Tucker

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 08:53:55 PM »
OMG! I thought you made that up Tucker, but she really said that.

I don't need to put words into their mouth. There's no room with a foot in it. :lmao:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »
I have a friend who is on Social Security Disability, and the govt. gives her a free cell phone.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:01:21 PM »
OK, awoke from this thread has now posted this in the Detroit guy who had his home robbed thread LOL.

awoke_in_2003   (1000+ posts)             Sat Sep-11-10 10:03 PM
Response to Original message
126. Sorry to hear this...

but could you please define "transient trash" for me?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 10:03:19 PM »
awoke is sounding like a mole to me.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 07:49:36 AM »
What ? No Cellphone ?? How can she play iHobo without one ?

You think I'm kidding ? - http://www.ihobo.org/

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 09:46:34 AM »
iPhones are so last year.

She's up to an iPad now. :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »
alp227  (1000+ posts)  Sat Sep-11-10 07:20 PM
Original message

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — For a few hours at the mall here this month, Nick Griffith, his wife, Lacey Lennon, and their two young children got to feel like a regular family again.

Never mind that they were just killing time away from the homeless shelter where they are staying, or that they had to take two city buses to get to the shopping center because they pawned one car earlier this year and had another repossessed, or that the debit card Ms. Lennon inserted into the A.T.M. was courtesy of the state’s welfare program...

Damn!  That must be one HUGH family!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 10:43:50 AM »
I have a friend who is on Social Security Disability, and the govt. gives her a free cell phone.

In D.C. they offer them free of charge to the Welfare slugs.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »
zeitgeist had this embedded in another thread. It needs its own thread as Bobo let it slip that she is on to us.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4536871

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thanks  for posting this I had been on the road all day so I was getting pretty cross-eyed. 

I think I found a bobo wannabe today over there or maybe Vesta's mole which I posted here underDummy Food Fight.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
alp227  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Sep-11-10 07:20 PM
Original message

Never mind that they were just killing time away from the homeless shelter where they are staying, or that they had to take two city buses to get to the shopping center because they pawned one car earlier this year and had another repossessed, or that the debit card Ms. Lennon inserted into the A.T.M. was courtesy of the state’s welfare program.

They ate lunch at the food court, browsed for clothes and just strolled, blending in with everyone else out on a scorching hot summer day. “It’s exactly why we come here,” Ms. Lennon said. “It reminds us of our old life.”

For millions who have lost jobs or faced eviction in the economic downturn, homelessness is perhaps the darkest fear of all. In the end, though, for all the devastation wrought by the recession, a vast majority of people who have faced the possibility have somehow managed to avoid it.

Welcome to hussein's America, DUmbasses
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline true_blood

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »
Welcome to hussein's America, DUmbasses

You said it. :hi5: I totally agree.
I feel bad for people that have lost their jobs or their homes, but if Obummer wanted to "fix" the job situation, it would have been done, especially with all that money in the so called, "stimulus" bill.
What's also ironic is, didn't Obummer say last week that he was going to pass a 50 billion jobs bill to help spur job growth and today his economic advisor comes on to say that unemployment will continue to remain high? Do these people really think we're stupid? Where is that money going to then if it won't help lower unemployment, the exact thing the bill is written for? I would really like to ask the administration questions like that. I can only imagine the answers I would get. :whatever:

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »
I especially like where the O'Bumbler keeps tellin' us he created 3 million jobs!

Ya see the kind of math they're teachin' our kids??????????

He really does think we're stoooopid!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 12:41:38 PM »
I especially like where the O'Bumbler keeps tellin' us he created 3 million jobs!

What he doesn't say is that they're all transient, Federal jobs . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:40 PM »

Of those "supposed" 3 million jobs, 2 and a half million of them are gubberment jobs. :bird:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
I thought there weren't any homeless when a dem was president.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »

Cindie

They're just un-housed gubmint workers. The Bumbler is tryin' real hard to remedy the situation! He's gonna forgive 'em all for buyin' houses they couldn't afford and lyin' about their income in order to live like he does!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 02:19:14 PM »

Cindie

The media just doesn't talk about it, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 02:19:48 PM »
Oh and....Bobo is on to us making fun of her????

:ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Tucker

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »
Oh and....Bobo is on to us making fun of her????

:ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Why would she make the statement that the post wasn't made from an iPhone? She's peeking.

Hey Bobo. :tongue:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 08:17:27 PM »
Why would she make the statement that the post wasn't made from an iPhone? She's peeking.

Hey Bobo. :tongue:

What the HELL is wrong with a government job, State,  or Town.?

Military, Police, Fireman, Defence Workers, the states have to hire workers to repair bridges, fight forest fires, give out drivers licenses, and guard our jails and prisons.   

Lots of Government jobs out there of one kind or another that is very understaffed and a GED or High School diploma is all it takes to qualify.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »

Military, Police, Fireman, Defence Workers, the states have to hire workers to repair bridges, fight forest fires, give out drivers licenses, and guard our jails and prisons.   

Lots of Government jobs out there of one kind or another that is very understaffed and a GED or High School diploma is all it takes to qualify.

The taxes of the private sector pay the wages of Government workers. When happens when the number of Government works equals those in the private sector?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 06:40:04 AM »

Nothing wrong with Govt jobs in general however, when govt jobs outnumber private sector jobs that creates a huge problem. It would be like a huge corporation selling the final product for a dollar each and having more employees than customers.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.