Author Topic: burdened primitive congratulates Obamaites  (Read 960 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
burdened primitive congratulates Obamaites
« on: March 19, 2008, 04:59:03 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5157828

Oh my.

Tyler Durden  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-19-08 02:30 PM
Original message

Congratulations to Camp Obama. You just turned Michigan into a "Battleground State." 

Unbelievable. You cut of the your nose to spite the party's face.

All arguments you could raise don't trump what you just handed the other side: MILLIONS in free publicity.

IF Obama is nominated, he will be nominated without the state that has the most need in the entire nation right now, and I include Louisiana. That was not very smart.

NOW, McCain can show up, promising the moon and stars to all those out of work Auto employees, and tell them all about how Barack Obama didn't want their votes anyway, why, look what he did to your PRIMARY.

Does it matter whether this is bullshit or not? No.

Does it matter whether HRC would have won here or not? No.

Does it matter what hay the GOP can make out of this in November. Yep.

Michigan is one HELL of a lot more Purple than Blue. Always has been.

Who won here in 1972? Nixon.

Who won here in 1976? Ford.

Who won here in 1980? Reagan.

Who won here in 1984? Reagan.

Who won here in 1988? Bush I.

In fact, from Humphrey to Clinton (I repeat, CLINTON), a Democrat has not won the state of Michigan in the Presidential election.

Now, with a split legislature, and REPUBLICANS supporting a redo of the Democratic Party Primary IF and ONLY IF the Democratic Party Candidates will AGREE to it, Camp Obama torpedoes the redo.

HEY, GOOD GOIN' CAMP OBAMA! He wasn't real POPULAR here anyway, what with some of the electorate thinking he was a MUSLIM and other bullshit, but hey, why not REALLY handicap him, and let the GOP tell the whole state that you didn't want their votes in the first place? You're going to need every state you can get (seeing that your chances of taking Southern and Western states is, well, to be realistic, pretty low), so what does your delegation to the State negotiating committee do? They block the redo.

Genius. Simply GENIUS.

You can talk all day long about how GOOD he is, or how SMART he is, or how FAIR he is, or how it was WRONG to want to redo the primary an here, here, here is why...

Do you REALLY think any of the working poor of Michigan will BUY that? EVEN IF IT'S TRUE??

Beautiful.

You know this isn't an ANTI-OBAMA post: it's a PRO-DEMOCRATIC VICTORY IN NOVEMBER post. You likely would have taken the nomination anyway, so this was not exactly a deal breaker as far as the primary goes...so why oppose it? Wasn't the party splintered ENOUGH?

Well, you'll still have my vote in the fall if he's the Candidate, but I can't say much for the political savvy of the Obama Campaign.

If I were the burdened primitive, I wouldn't worry.

Messalina Agrippina's going to be the One.

Larkspur  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-19-08 02:32 PM
Response to Original message

1. Not Obama's fault

It's the fault of the MI elected leaders who broke the DNC rules.

LSparkle  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-19-08 02:35 PM
Response to Reply #1

4. Correct! Who's to say it's OBAMA's camp that's being stubborn?

Could be that HRC is too intractable about HER demands/what SHE'll accept to resolve this problem. State and federal Democratic Parties are also involved so since when is all this Obama's fault? Just because he wouldn't compromise his principles and CAVE to people who want to break the rules????

Character counts -- your word is your bond. Don't cheat; don't change the rules.

LulaMay (1000+ posts)     Wed Mar-19-08 02:37 PM
Response to Reply #4

9. He's the one talking about legal action to stop a revote.

You know, I'm starting to develop a fondness for the lulu primitive, especially the way she always owns the cali primitive.

LSparkle  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-19-08 03:21 PM
Response to Reply #9

97. IF a revote disenfranchises Dems who voted Repug because they were told THEIR VOTES WOULDN'T COUNT on the Democratic side!

HRC doesn't mind benefiting from the Repugs who voted for her in Texas at the suggestion of Limpbags but now wants to keep Dems who did the same thing in MI (e.g., voting for Romney since THEY WERE TOLD THEIR
VOTES WOULDN'T COUNT ON THE DEMOCRATIC SIDE) from re-voting. I agree with Obama -- that's an unfair rule and I'd go to court to prevent that.

jackson_dem  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-19-08 03:33 PM
Response to Reply #97

106. I thought the Obama machine meme/lie was rethugs are voting in droves for Hillary?

Now he wanted rethugs to vote to bail him out in Michigan?

LSparkle  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-19-08 03:38 PM
Response to Reply #106

113. No, he wants Democrats who previously voted Repug to get to re-vote

This has nothing to do with Repugs in MI being able to re-vote.

rodeodance  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-19-08 02:52 PM
Response to Reply #4

46. It is too his fault--HRC is there meeting the voters. while BO dwaddles.

It's just a very big bonfire, an enormous bonfire.

I was hoping Fredda and the cali primitive would show up to slug it out, but alas it was a futile hope.
apres moi, le deluge