Author Topic: primitives tell us where John Edwards is headed  (Read 835 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives tell us where John Edwards is headed
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3818670

Oh my.  I was wondering.

Cheney Killed Bambi  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 08:27 PM
Original message

Where The John Edwards Scandal Is Headed

A former Senator and vice-presidential candidate misused campaign contributions and money pledged to fight poverty so he could bring his mistress on the campaign trail with him during the presidential campaign where he was constantly making appearances with his widely admired cancer stricken wife then fathered the mistress's child sometime around the time he was getting a Father Of The Year Award and then asked his loyal aid who already has a wife and kids to falsely claim paternity while the fake dad and the mistress were funneled money so they could move to be near the mistress's psychic healer friend while the former candidate continued to meet the mistress and baby until he was caught by tabloid reporters and hid in the bathroom and then confessed on national TV a couple of weeks later but both he and his wife continued to lie during that interview and in subsequent statements.

And the press is supposed to yawn that story off?

As we head into the the Democratic convention, the Edwards scandal isn't over. It's really just beginning. Don't blame the media, blame John Edwards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-stranahan/where-the-j...

Cronus Protagonist  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 08:30 PM
Response to Original message

1. Edwards is already off the national stage as far as the convention goes

And Arianna Huffington is a perfect example of how (she claims to be a lefty or centrist) our own pundits shoot our own public image down for money, fame and fortune. You won't see the other side doing this to each other.

Frances  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 08:34 PM
Response to Reply #1

5. Agree this stuff belongs in the gossip section

Edwards is not our candidate.

I think 50% of people cheat in their marriages, but I really wish people who are capable of doing so much good for other people could restrain themselves.

Alexander  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 08:31 PM

2. Yep. Edwards may end up in jail when this is all over.

Kerry's first choice was Gephardt, and while I thought he was awful, if he could've given us Missouri and Ohio, we would've won.

Edwards barely got elected in his first Senate term and was never very popular in North Carolina. He was a lightweight from the beginning and it was a matter of time before his career completely fizzled out.

undeterred  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 08:34 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. I think some people in North Carolina wondered why someone with his wealth would run for president when his wife was ill with cancer. If they thought he wasn't taking his family responsibility seriously enough then...

JI7  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 11:19 PM
Response to Reply #2

17. if it comes to that Obama needs to pardon him

Hmmm.  A U.S. Senator has the power of pardon?

QuestionAll  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 11:41 PM
Response to Reply #17

22. huh...?

why for...? the guy is a sleazebag of the highest order. i'm assuming the criminality will come from the way funds were used- it always seems to.

Alexander  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-19-08 03:34 AM
Response to Reply #17

35. That is a horrible idea.

XOKCowboy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 08:32 PM

3. I thought I was through hiding Edwards threads....

I guess not.

Warpy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 08:36 PM

6. I'll believe paternity when it is proven, not before and it's not likely to be proven soon since the mother in question has refused to submit material from the child.

However, that never stopped the salacious press, has it?

The mass subconscious, the collective subconscious, of the primitives on Skins's island must be telling the primitives something, although the primitives aren't cerebrally-sophisticated enough to articulate it.
apres moi, le deluge