Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive calls all geezers on Skins's island  (Read 881 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3817916

Oh my.

Husb2Sparkly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 05:44 PM
Original message

Attention Geezers and Geezerettes ..............

If you post on this board, you're likely reasonably well informed. You likely come by your opinions and positions honestly.

And you're likely not the demographic that O'Reilly goes for in his daily spew media empire. He goes for the old, angry person. And his numbers have demonstrated that's a sizable audience.

My questions .......... do you consider yourself out of step with your fellow/sister geezers/geezerettes? Who do you think is more representative of geezeretude .... a person like you or a person someone from O'Reilly's audience?

The record a couple of years ago showed that members of freerepublic are, on the "average," circa 8 years younger than the primitives on Skins's island.

Really, one would be surprised how aged and hoary the primitives are.

Iris  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 05:46 PM
Response to Original message

1. first, define "geezer"

what's the starting age?

Husb2Sparkly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 05:47 PM
Response to Reply #1

3. Its probably a state of mind ......

.... but .... I dunno ...... pick an age ....... 60? 55?

For the record, the sparkling husband primitive is in his early 60s--62, 63, something like that.

monmouth  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 05:51 PM

6. I think I'm a little bit more "with it" than most of my peers. (I'm 68) and most find that hard to believe. Two things: Kids (males) in their mid-forties, and only recently retired from the business world. I wouldn't care if my rep was ruined by being drunk on a Sunday sitting on the sidewalk and the cops had to bring me home...I could repair that. But to be caught watching that scum bag??..disgusting and irreparable damage would have been done. No 12-step program for Fox...LOL.

Told you. 

pinto  DU Moderator Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 05:51 PM

7. Don't know. Last time I watched O'Reilly was....never.

I'm 56.

Told you again.

Idealist Hippie  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 05:54 PM

9. I wouldn't have anything to do with anybody who listens to that vitriol, so don't know if I am out of step with my age cohort or not (I am 70). A neighbor-friend is also 70 and also a fervent Democrat (she was brave enough to put an Obama yard sign in her front yard in this heavily Republican neighborhood -- I was not).

Most of my friends are younger, a couple of the most dedicated Dems I know are twenty-somethings and we swap You-tube tidbits and Outrage Stories. One of them does listen to Rush now and then when he needs an adrenalin fix.

Nobody I know takes any of those clowns seriously. How could anyone.

Told you yet again.

gratefultobelib  Donating Member  (504 posts) Mon Aug-18-08 05:54 PM

10. OK--I don't need a definition of "geezerette." I know I'm one! And I have to admit I think everyone else in their 60's thinks like I do since I know I'm right! Seriously, I can't judge anyone else because I don't hang out with people who are O'Reilly fans. Ugh. Life is too short--literally. I don't think I've answered your question, but I tried!

Uh huh.

Not a spring chicken--or even a summer chicken--among the primitives at this bonfire.
apres moi, le deluge