Author Topic: the big guy in Bellevue breaks a feeder  (Read 1317 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the big guy in Bellevue breaks a feeder
« on: May 20, 2017, 11:22:03 AM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/i-slipped-while-feeding-the-birds-in-the-rain/

Oh my.

Omaha Steve  (1037 posts)    May 20, 2017 at 7:31 am

I slipped while feeding the birds in the rain

As IF my arthritis in my hands wasn’t bad enough. It has been raining the last few days. Yesterday I slipped. Broke a feeder, but not my hands. X-rays on both hands.

The other day while highlighting a title on my post it disappeared. No idea why. It was a kitty rescue.

You know, I'm wondering if Manny regrets having given a whole entire forum to the big guy; he probably anticipated that Steve, now being retired and with poor dear long-suffering Marta still around to do the housework, would spend a lot of time posting new and exciting material on Manny's message board. 

As it's happened, he's posted barely at all recently; only three times, for example, the past week.

I think Manny needs to give the forum to a member who's more productive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

Re: the big guy in Bellevue breaks a feeder
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/i-slipped-while-feeding-the-birds-in-the-rain/

Oh my.

You know, I'm wondering if Manny regrets having given a whole entire forum to the big guy; he probably anticipated that Steve, now being retired and with poor dear long-suffering Marta still around to do the housework, would spend a lot of time posting new and exciting material on Manny's message board. 

As it's happened, he's posted barely at all recently; only three times, for example, the past week.

I think Manny needs to give the forum to a member who's more productive.

So the Cave wouldn't give me a vanity forum where I could post about my gout saga, the half marathons I DNFed (Did Not Finish), my favorite flavors of GU gel, and awful-tasting types of electrolyte drink?

Going to try to complete a half marathon next weekend ... blah, blah, blah, blah, ...  :-)  :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 12:24:42 PM »

As IF my arthritis in my hands wasn’t bad enough. It has been raining the last few days. Yesterday I slipped. Broke a feeder, but not my hands. X-rays on both hands.

The other day while highlighting a title on my post it disappeared. No idea why. It was a kitty rescue.

Posting crap like this to a political forum puts you solidly in the "social retard" column.  Congrats, OS!
Deplorable since 2016

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »

For comparison, look at what Manny's primitive the elfish Dave has done with the poverty forum over there, a forum which he himself had requested.  Give the extent of his "contributions," it should've been named for him, but wasn't.

I think once the big guy got a whole forum named for his fat man-baby Majesty, all he'd have to do is obesely sit around and other people would do all the work for him.

Sort of like what happened with the cooking and baking forum on Skins's island, which was once one of the liveliest forums, something happening every minute, over there.  Dear old sweet Lu did a power-grab and got herself named hostess, after which she just sat on her ass, expecting all the other primitives to do her work for her. 

And so now the cooking and baking forum's deader than an Egyptian mummy.

I'm not sure if dear old sweet Lu being afflicted with hookworm is a plausible excuse; after all, she's a stay-at-home wife who doesn't do anything all day long.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
So the Cave wouldn't give me a vanity forum where I could post about my gout saga, the half marathons I DNFed (Did Not Finish), my favorite flavors of GU gel, and awful-tasting types of electrolyte drink?

Going to try to complete a half marathon next weekend ... blah, blah, blah, blah, ...  :-)  :bolt:
My advice is to start at the back of the pack so that you get to pass people as the race goes on instead of getting passed and to slow to a walk for one full minute at each and every water stop along the way.   

Good luck!
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 01:40:00 PM »
My advice is to start at the back of the pack so that you get to pass people as the race goes on instead of getting passed and to slow to a walk for one full minute at each and every water stop along the way.   

Good luck!

Well, I'm a walker, so I do start at the back. I usually have a bottle of water or Gatorade, which I get topped off at aid stations as needed. The two halfs I DNFed had some challenging climbs, so I left a bit out of that. The half next week isn't flat, but it doesn't have any long or steep climbs (and the half on the following weekend is almost flat). I appreciate your experience-based advice! Here's next week's venue.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02:12:23 PM »
Well, I'm a walker, so I do start at the back. I usually have a bottle of water or Gatorade, which I get topped off at aid stations as needed. The two halfs I DNFed had some challenging climbs, so I left a bit out of that. The half next week isn't flat, but it doesn't have any long or steep climbs (and the half on the following weekend is almost flat). I appreciate your experience-based advice! Here's next week's venue.

That does look like a nice scenic route.  I also know how hills that you never even notice when you're in a car suddenly become formidable when you're on foot.  I don't have a lot of experience--I've only done two half marathons, never a full marathon--but the two little bits of advice I gave made all the difference between my first and second experience.  My favorite distance was always the 10k, half marathons were too long for my liking.  There are too many amateurs at 5k races--runners pushing baby carriages and runners with dogs on leashes that you have to dodge and trip over, etc.

Knee and ankle troubles have forced me to give up running.  Now I walk on a treadmill set on an incline to get my aerobic exercise, but I could maybe get lured outdoors for a nice scenic walk along a place like Point Pinole.  Have fun.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 04:34:45 PM »
My day just got slightly, ever so slightly worse.
Omaha Steve is still wasting oxygen and Dear Marta's money.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 05:01:56 PM »
My day just got slightly, ever so slightly worse.
Omaha Steve is still wasting oxygen and Dear Marta's money.

Ooooops, sorry.   :bawl:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 05:33:54 PM »

Good luck!

My advice is to use a motorized wheelchair with a fully charged battery.   :tongue:

I digress though so back to the topic at hand... when I saw the title I thought maybe the Big Guy, who is dying and has been dying for the last 5 years or so, broke his jaw.

Alas I was incorrect.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 08:50:08 PM »

Impossible.  I don't believe him. 

Proof: 

Bellevue has had: (M1.5 or greater)

0 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
0 earthquakes in the past 7 days
0 earthquakes in the past 30 days
0 earthquakes in the past 365 days

http://earthquaketrack.com/us-ne-bellevue/recent

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 08:51:57 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10:17 AM »

Proof:

Bellevue has had: (M1.5 or greater)

0 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
0 earthquakes in the past 7 days
0 earthquakes in the past 30 days
0 earthquakes in the past 365 days

http://earthquaketrack.com/us-ne-bellevue/recent

Maybe it was a :stoner: -quake? :rimshot:  :bolt:

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 07:39:21 AM »
And here I was hoping the Omaha lardass would re-kindle his political career.

His "friends" here are standing by to assist him should he decide to do so.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »

As IF my arthritis in my hands wasn’t bad enough.
I thought he had a surgery to fix that?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »
I thought he had a surgery to fix that?

He did, on his left hand.

They put a couple of steel rods in his fingers.

They haven't done the right hand yet, because the big guy's such a big bawl-baby.

<<<wonders how the big guy would survive major cardiac surgery.  Probably not well.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »

They haven't done the right hand yet, because the big guy's such a big bawl-baby.

<<<wonders how the big guy would survive major cardiac surgery.  Probably not well.

Maybe it's because he's a big bawl-baby or maybe Martha nixed the idea when she found out that if they fixed both hands at the same time, then she would have to wipe for him when he was finished going number two.
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 11:11:57 AM »

I hope the rods are non-magnetic. If they are and he has an MRI done .......  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o !!!