Author Topic: If you don't accept Louise (butt) Mensch as gospel you can't be a Proglodyte  (Read 2340 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
bigtree (67,565 posts)

The number of people working to dismiss Louise Mensch is growing

...here at DU, exponentially.

The thread is grow fast and furiously.

It is Proglodyte-ism in microcosm:

* The chant is disseminated

* Those who question the chant are deemed infidels

* The supposed infidels clamber for the purer faith

* Calls for proofs are met with sneering derision

* The schism grows

* Each faction issues its own new chants in reaction to the schism

* All that remains on any side is the demands of obedience

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029094654
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:28:51 PM by SSG Snuggle Bunny »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
m-lekktor (3,168 posts)
6. That number would also include Skinner

from the other day :

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029082086#post1

cwydro (25,194 posts)
44. He probably isn't too wild about fake news on this site.

We used to be better than this.

It's amazing how many are so gullible here, isn't it?

$kinner don't care. Clicks over content!!
Deplorable since 2016

Offline SVPete

cwydro (25,194 posts)

Skinner knows that long-term, Menschian Fruitcakes will drive people away from DU, so he calls out the fruitcakery

In what alternate space-time continuum were DU-folk, "better than this?"

cwydro (25,194 posts)

It was the same 24 business hours ago.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The DUmp tends to turn on their momentary "stars".  Anyone remember Bev Harris?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

When you accept or reject truth and reality based on whether it agrees with you political views, you have no serious basis for rejecting fruitcakery that fits your political views. Even MM kind of hedges his warnings against the most obvious fruitcakery when it fits what he wishes were true.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline JakeStyle

If you don't accept Louise (butt) Mensch as gospel you can't be a Proglodyte

It also makes you a secret Russian according to her twitter followers.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I don't know about her reporting, but I would hit it!! :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

When you accept or reject truth and reality based on whether it agrees with you political views, you have no serious basis for rejecting fruitcakery that fits your political views. Even MM kind of hedges his warnings against the most obvious fruitcakery when it fits what he wishes were true.

From the same people that accepted the Islamabad Daily Times as a valid source, but rejected the New York Post or Washington Times out of hand.

::)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
cwydro (25,194 posts)

No, retard.  Never.

Only to the low-IQ.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable

Never, .... ever,  stick it in crazy.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
:-)

Yep.  Because..............

I SO WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running

As soon as Mensch has finally and truly broken their hearts they will damn her as a misinformation propagandist sent to discredit them.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

Never, .... ever,  stick it in crazy.

Might've meant :asssmack: ?

Offline jukin

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

She's married to the head of the British Labour Party in their House of Commons (Jeremy Corbin, IIRC).  That should explain why the primitives like her so much.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline JakeStyle

Her Austin Powers teeth are a bit of a turn off.

Offline jukin

Her Austin Powers teeth are a bit of a turn off.

But with a prison makeover she'd be right purty mate.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
bigtree (67,565 posts)

Leftist-Thou mentality.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BamaMoose

LonePirate (6,191 posts)

1. Did she push out a message about SCOTUS or the Justice Dept. initiating impeachment?

If so, that would explain why people are working to dismiss her today because that's not how impeachment works.

Reply to this post:

elehhhhna (30,807 posts)

28. It's like when you're toddler gets killed by an AK-47 but you call it the wrong name

and all the 2a nutters dismiss the entire event because you got the guns exact product name wrong. 

No, you stupid jackass.  This isn't semantics.  This is someone who hasn't a clue what she is talking about leveling serious charges against our elected officials without one bit of proof.  She wears her ignorance like a badge of honor.  And while we are talking about ignorant, learn how to use the word "you're" in a sentence.

mhw (185 posts)

4. Uncanny isn't it

Why Louise & not Claude I wonder.
They share sources & work hand in hand in outing & troling Putin/Trump.
They cite each others work & have a respectful relationship in doing the work they do.

Why just Louise?
Maybe someone will tell.

Blah..blah..blah.  Sexism!!!

mhw (185 posts)

88. It's clear the Bannon's new alt-right pile-on campaign against Mensch is in force.

As her following grew & she entered the spotlight, she hit a big nerve with Trump's people at the top & Bannon's doing damage control.

Because alt news & nasty name calling worked for him in 2016.
Mensch & her sources are outside the US.
She reports what her sources give her & Bannon can't touch them.

I'll ignore the anti-Mensch chatter & support her even more now.

#"ShutUp"SteveBannon. 

Blah...blah...blah.  Steve Bannon!!!

And Mensch lives in a penthouse in New York City, which, I guess is outside of the US now.

Offline Adam Wood

elehhhhna (30,807 posts)

28. It's like when you're toddler gets killed by an AK-47 but you call it the wrong name

and all the 2a nutters dismiss the entire event because you got the guns exact product name wrong. 
No, it's like when you claim that the EPA initiates impeachment proceedings, and the Bureau of Land Management holds the trial, with the commissioner of Major League Baseball presiding.  It's all bullshit and bears not even a passing nod of acquaintance with reality, you loon.

Offline freedumb2003b

Can't say that without a pic!!!

3 beers -- extra strong.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

No, it's like when you claim that the EPA initiates impeachment proceedings, and the Bureau of Land Management holds the trial, with the commissioner of Major League Baseball presiding. It's all bullshit and bears not even a passing nod of acquaintance with reality, you loon.

Wait -- that isn't how it happens?

Damn, I will no longer trust DU as the source of my Constitutional rights and processes.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Hmmmm.

This is going to confuse the primitives:

Louise Daphne Mensch (née Bagshawe; born 28 June 1971) is an English author and independent investigative journalist. She was the Conservative MP for Corby from 2010 to 2012. After resigning from Parliament, she moved to New York City. Mensch has stated her strong support for British and American intelligence agencies. Before the US presidential election in November 2016, Mensch published a report of a FISA Warrant relating to an FBI investigation of suspected Donald Trump presidential campaign ties to Russian interference in the election. Her report was later partly confirmed by other sources. After the election, she has been first to publish additional revelations about the Trump administration and Russia that were later confirmed, while also being called a conspiracy theorist for other reports which remain unsubstantiated.

With parents who were active in the party, Mensch had joined the Conservatives when she was 14. Subsequently, in 1996, she switched to the Labour Party, saying she believed Tony Blair to be "socially liberal but an economic Tory". By 1997 she had returned to the Conservatives, helped her mother, Daphne, win a seat in East Sussex County Council from the Liberal Democrats, and campaigned in the 1997, 2001 and 2005 general elections. In 2001, Mensch co-founded the Oxonian Society, later renamed the Hudson Union Society, with Joseph Pascal and Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan.

Conservative party leader David Cameron placed Louise Mensch on his "A-List" of Conservative candidates in 2006. In October 2006 she was selected to stand in the constituency of Corby, which she won in the 2010 general election with a majority of 1,951, defeating Labour incumbent Phil Hope. In June 2010 she was elected by other Conservative MPs to serve on the Select Committee for the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.

Louise Mensch is diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, which made her realise she was "self medicating" with wine for stress, and she has now almost completely given up alcohol. She also commented that taking hard drugs in the 1990s "messed with [her] brain and had long-term mental health effects."

One can see there's enough stuff that makes her attractive to the primitives, but really, there's more-damning stuff there that should make her anathema to the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

One can see there's enough stuff that makes her attractive to the primitives, but really, there's more-damning stuff there that should make her anathema to the primitives.

Only one thing matters to DU-type Libs/Progs, Mensch is attacking Trump and generating anti-Trump CT material. That trumps :rimshot: reality.

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

elehhhhna (30,807 posts)

I've never seen a gun owner quibble the difference between an AK (-47 or -74, :-) )and an M16. What I have seen is gun owners calling out the ignorance of Gun-Haters invoking bogeymen like "machine gun" or "assault weapon" to exploit and politicize murders.

But this version of the Trump-is-being-impeached fantasy reveals its stupidity by claiming processes that do not exist have been set in motion involving entities that have nothing to do with the real impeachment process.

mhw (185 posts)

4. Uncanny isn't it

They cite each others work & have a respectful relationship in doing the work they do.

Why just Louise?
Maybe someone will tell.

Simple. Hers is the name you Progs call out most often. Cite the other guy more often and we'll call out his stupidity and mock it and him equally (like we do with Palmer of the Palmer Report). The only thing Mensch "outs" or "trols" (or trolls) is Progs' credulity and fatuity.

mhw (185 posts)

88. It's clear the Bannon's new alt-right pile-on campaign against Mensch is in force.

As her following grew & she entered the spotlight, she hit a big nerve with Trump's people at the top & Bannon's doing damage control.

Because alt news & nasty name calling worked for him in 2016.
Mensch & her sources are outside the US.
She reports what her sources give her & Bannon can't touch them.

I'll ignore the anti-Mensch chatter & support her even more now.

#"ShutUp"SteveBannon.

:rotf: I haven't gotten a Talking Points Memo fax from Steve Bannon since 1953 (his birth year, not mine). :rotf: The only "nerves" of mine being "hit" by Mensch, et al, are those of astonishment and amusement - at the sheer stupidity of her and her ilk. :rotf: BTW, we've noticed that Mensch and her sources are "outside the US", because their ignorance of how things work in the US is so glaringly obvious. :rotf: BTW, Part 2, we wouldn't dream of interfering with Mensch or her sources. They make you Progs look sillier than we could ever bring ourselves to imagine! :rotf:

bigtree (67,565 posts)

Moles aside (and I don't think they'd criticize Mensch, et al, for the reason noted above), some DU-folk have noticed two things:

* Mensch's "revelations" and predictions are between stupidly and laughably false and/or outlandish;

* Mensch and Menschtards (that's not a Brit pastry!) are making DU and its members look like credulous fools.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:34:38 AM by SVPete »

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
mhw (185 posts)

4. Uncanny isn't it

Why just Louise?
Maybe someone will tell.
One word: Vagina.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke