Author Topic: Proglodytes upset gov't won't be killing tens of thousands of vets every year  (Read 910 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Not one of them discusses the VA waiting lists that are killing tens of thousands of vets annually.

All they care about is that their gimme-guv'mint not be shown for the homicidally incompetent drones they are.

TheMastersNemesis (7,486 posts)

Combat Vets Will Get Private Health Care In The Future. There Will Be NO VA System W/GOP.

The VFW and American Legion and other vets groups must understand that under the GOP vets care will be privatized. The GOP believes that vets are takers and because they volunteered they knew what they were signing up for. If you really question the GOP legislators carefully that idea is what they believe.

Americans as a whole do not really care to support veterans' services. The GOP has always fallen back on the meme that being an the military is "AN HONOR TO SERVE". It is that your service is considered a public service given freely or on the cheap. It is your obligation to serve the country that GIVES YOU SO MUCH.

As a veteran I have heard this twisted crap in so many ways. Nothing has changed since I was in Vietnam. Veterans are really seen as chumps and a good PR prop.

Punch yourself in the face with a chainsaw.

RKP5637 (44,892 posts)

3. The twisted logic by many in the US and whom they support has always amazed me.

Often people support those that would kick them in the ass every chance they get. I just don't get it.

Not being spat upon, called a baby-killing war criminal or being told I'm a welfare queen who should have his service's budget cut by 90% to give to your idiot chimps helps.

Warpy (93,785 posts)

4. That is a truly horrible idea

The VA system is set up to take a soldier flown out of a war theater, get him through the acute phase, and then deliver rehab specific to trauma injuries. They are very specialized in that regard and they are very good at it.

Over the years, the hospitals got choked with nursing home patients who were WWII and Korea vets, thanks to silly regulations from Congress that would allow only 6 months in a nursing home instead of the years that medically stable frail elderly people can need. However, they sill managed to deliver outstanding care to the trauma patients who did come in.

I was always amazed by the work they did, comatose patients with hoses everywhere coming in, most capable of self care by the time they left. In that way, it was gratifying to work there because we'd see people progress from zero through rehab.

It would be a crime to dismantle such a system.

You're a ****ing idiot. Stop talking breathing.

Actively serving combat casualties are not part of the VA system. They remain on orders to be a part of the military care system you want gut by 90%.

MuseRider (26,753 posts)

5. That statement,

"Americans as a whole do not really care to support veterans' services" blows my mind. I guess I have never really ever heard anyone say that.

Oddly I have heard that same rational used on musicians. I have been stopped in the parking lot after playing a concert and been told that I should not be paid for it because it is obvious we all enjoy it so much. Man can people really think in circles to try to get away without paying people who work for them.

I am very upset to hear this. While I have never supported military excursions I can certainly support those who risk themselves and those who work to keep them safe while there and if they are wounded in service to my country, even if I do not support the fight, they deserve to be cared for as best as can be, as long as needed.

I am so sorry to see this. One would think this would be held up as important by our government, drafted or volunteered service people are still people who gave up so very much to be of service to our country.

War: It's just like playing a concert in the park.

NewRedDawn (768 posts)

10. Good. The majority of them voted for him & The traitors

Get what you deserve. **** the American Legion too. They were traitors back in the 1930s when they tried to raise a Army against FDR.

Let's do this.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029066672
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Oddly I have heard that same rational used on musicians. I have been stopped in the parking lot after playing a concert and been told that I should not be paid for it because it is obvious we all enjoy it so much. Man can people really think in circles to try to get away without paying people who work for them.

Yet you damn DUmmies think doctors, nurses, pharmacists and the pharmaceutical companies should work for free. **** you, you greedy asshole.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Anytime my Dad needed medical care and/or surgery, he avoided the VA like the plague. He knew too many who, it seemed to him, were viewed as subjects to be experimented on rather than cure.

I only knew one vet who was happy with his care at a VA hospital, and it was in a small town community where the caregivers had small town values.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

After revelation after revelation after ...... how can TMN pretend the VA is some sort of standard of excellence?

And how can DU-folk be so uniformly clueless as to not call TMN out on his dishonesty?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

I haven't heard anyone talking about completely eradicating the VA. Trumps wants to allow vets to visit local doctors and hospitals if VA clinics are too far away. Makes perfect sense to me.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
As a veteran I have heard this twisted crap in so many ways. Nothing has changed since I was in Vietnam. Veterans are really seen as chumps and a good PR prop.

Yeah, yeah, yeah..............

I was just after Vietnam.  I saw lame-asses like you all the time.  Fortunately, in the Marine Corps they were few, but they were there.

Most, were RIF'ed, ASAP.  RELADed, with some having a year or more left to do.  Why?  Because they were useless shitbirds.  Like you!

We laughed at you.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:11:27 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
I haven't heard anyone talking about completely eradicating the VA. Trumps wants to allow vets to visit local doctors and hospitals if VA clinics are too far away. Makes perfect sense to me.

Which, to the drooling infants means, complete privatization.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Yeah, yeah, yeah..............

I was just after Vietnam.  I saw lame-asses like you all the time.  Fortunately, in the Marine Corps they were few, but they were there.

Most, were RIF'ed, ASAP.  RELADed, with some having a year or more left to do.  Why?  Because they were useless shitbirds.  Like you!

We laughed at you.

He who burns the shit serves proudly too.  I always thought we should have had a special ribbon for them.  Maybe a nice imperial brown with flecks of corn.