Author Topic: Grown men in girls bathrooms: GOOD; milk: EVIL!!1!  (Read 1050 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Grown men in girls bathrooms: GOOD; milk: EVIL!!1!
« on: May 14, 2017, 07:17:48 AM »
JI7 (60,783 posts)

Do Kids Really Need Milk with their Meal ?

the only foods i like to eat milk with is something like cookies which i can eat by putting it in the milk .

but wouldn't water or even flavored water be better for kids in schools ? and maybe yogurt as dessert or a snack to get the dairy requirement.

i thought of this over the debate on school meals and trump wanting to do away with the michelle obama's healthy foods. and sonny perdue saying he needed chocolate milk and wouldn't have gotten his nutrients without it .

leftstreet (28,156 posts)

3. The only people who should be drinking milk are baby cows

<vomiting emoticon>

hunter (26,129 posts)

45. Most of my ancestors were ranchers and dairy people, but I'm done with the milk lobby...

... and their mutant factory farm cows that get turned into cheap meat and meat-by-products at the end of their miserable "productive" lives.

It's bad for the planet, it bad for human health, and it's ethically indefensible.

Human children don't need to drink cow's milk, and it shouldn't be encouraged at school. (Soda pop and juices are similar horrors...)

I'll confess my own kids frequently had the typical milk, boxed cereal, and orange juice breakfast because it was easy, they could do it themselves, and it was socially accepted.

When I was a kid the only cereals my parents bought were bulk cornflakes and "old fashioned" cook a long time oatmeal. The milk was powdered, and if you mixed it up that morning it tasted of tap water chlorine. (It wasn't so bad if you mixed it the day before and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight, or fermented it into buttermilk.)

My grandparents, who'd experienced the Great Depression, believed that anything other than bacon and eggs and toast for breakfast (eggs fried in bacon fat) was an indication of poverty and deprivation. Eggs and toast was the next tier down, then beans on toast with a bit of bacon fat, and below that, oatmeal with raisins and milk.

As an adult it turns out I'm lactose intolerant. When I was in the hospital last year I was served milk with lunch, and it was the first time I'd had milk in a glass in decades. There were some spectacular consequences, reminiscent of colonoscopy prep. The worst thing about it is that I was under 24/7 observation and allowed very little privacy.

Warpy (93,747 posts)

8. There are better ways to get it than saturated fat in dairy

After the age of 8 or so, calcium fortified non dairy drinks should be it.

melman (1,983 posts)

10. No

Milk is poison.

Binkie The Clown (2,985 posts)

13. Evolution engineered milk to put hundreds of pounds on baby calves.

According to population studies it might be one of the most toxic "foods" consumed by humans. All the sex hormones they inject into the cows leave dangerous levels in the milk. Most countries have banned those hormones, but not the good ol' U.S. of A where FDA is at the beck and call of the big money agribusinesses.

And BTW: Populations that drink the most milk have the weakest bones. But of course, since the FDA belongs to the meat and dairy industries, you'll never hear that from the government. And, BTW: the protein casein, found only in dairy products, is "rocket fuel for cancer" as demonstrated by one of the largest population studies of nutrition ever conducted; The China Study.

The question makes as much sense as "Do kids really need rat poison with their meal?"

smirkymonkey (22,413 posts)

14. I would say no. I was always forced to drink milk at dinner and I hated it!

Sometimes, if my mother would leave to go into the kitchen, my dad would be a good sport and drink my milk for me while she was gone. Otherwise, I would just hold my breath and chug it so I wouldn't have to taste it. I thought it was vile. Water is the best drink, I think. And it's free. As long as you don't have a poisoned water source. I still drink a ton of water every day, but I haven't had milk since I left home to go to college.

LeftyMom (49,100 posts)

15. You know that constant toddler snot? Kids who don't get dairy don't have it.

Omnivores: you smell weird and your kids are extra gross.

bettyellen (41,173 posts)

36. My Chinese coworker said I smelled like butter and they hate that... I thought it was

Interesting because she used to microwave fish for lunch every ****ing day and the whole place smelled horrible because of that... but I smelled like butter? LOL.

I think you overheard him calling you a "butter face" and couldn't correctly process the reference.

In response to a post stating nothing more than "Calcium" we read:

hunter (26,129 posts)

49. Leafy greens, seafood, legumes, and fruit.

People who eat an ordinary diet that includes these basics (for example, many traditional Mediterranean and Asian cuisines) don't suffer calcium deficiencies even when the measured calcium levels of the total diet seem low.

Homeostatic Regulation of Calcium (Vitamin D plays a part in this) is not a trivial matter of eating more calcium to maintain levels.

Human breast milk has 79 mg of calcium per cup, cow's milk 300. Not surprisingly, human infants fed human breast milk exclusively do not suffer any calcium deficiencies. Humans are not cows.

Milk can be used as a calcium supplement, but this only matters when the rest of an individual's diet is highly constrained to cereal grains like white rice or wheat flour. In the traditional cuisines of indigenous Americans corn was often treated in various ways with lime, which made up for some of corn's nutritional deficiencies.

There are also foods and beverages that interfere with the absorption or retention of calcium.

I consider the dairy industry's nutritional advertising fraudulent.

I wonder how this asshole responded during the 1990 Persian Gulf War when Saddam claimed we bombed a baby milk factory.

Also in response to "calcium":

Codeine (18,111 posts)

60. Easily found in a bunch of less-revolting foods. nt

"revolting"

Also in response to "Calcium":

Name removed Message auto-removed

Arrogant pricks. This is why the rest of the nation hates you.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029057805
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Grown men in girls bathrooms: GOOD; milk: EVIL!!1!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 07:25:32 AM »
hunter (26,129 posts)

49. Leafy greens, seafood, legumes, and fruit.

People who eat an ordinary diet that includes these basics (for example, many traditional Mediterranean and Asian cuisines) don't suffer calcium deficiencies even when the measured calcium levels of the total diet seem low. hunter (26,129 posts)

The diet of real Mediterranean people, as opposed to either the poverty-stricken beggars or American diet gadflies, has quite a bit of yogurt and cheese made from sheep or goat milk, genius.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:30:44 AM »
The diet of real Mediterranean people, as opposed to either the poverty-stricken beggars or American diet gadflies, has quite a bit of yogurt and cheese made from sheep or goat milk, genius.

Eh! You're just a shill for Big Dairy!

Who we all know is based in Texas cattle country which means it's run by the BFEE which means they faked 9/11 so they could steal Iraq's oil to put in children's milk.

WHY DO YOU HATE CHILDREN!!1!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 07:36:37 AM »
Oh my.

I see the anti-milk special interests are still alive and well on Skins' island.

Consider the case of Ms. Hindenberg, the defrocked warped primitive "Warpy."

Warpy was born about 1950, and lived the conventional suburban life.  One can see the lilliputian Warpy, as one probably saw many others, begging and pleading to have sugar-laden soda with lunch, rather than healthy wholesome milk.

Her parents, being the commonsensical sort, put their feet down, and continued feeding her milk.

As with most of the conventional homes during the 1950s, early 1960s, Warpy's had a subscription to the Reader's Digest, which she read, and influenced her.

The Reader's Digest was notorious for publishing sensational articles publicizing never-heard-of-before diseases and ailments.

At some time during grade school or pre-puberty, Warpy read an article in the Reader's Digest about lactose "intolerance," and decided she had it; she was "allergic" to milk.

There's no doubt that lactose intolerance exists, but it's among those races and peoples originating closer to the equator than we are.  Warpy is of northern European derivation.

To this day, Warpy's insisted she's "allergic" to milk (but not allergic to things bad for her, such as fistfuls of chocolate bon-bons), despite that it, like so many other ailments and afflictions of the primitives, comes from wishing-it-to-be, not reality.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 08:29:59 AM »
Eh! You're just a shill for Big Dairy!

Who we all know is based in Texas cattle country which means it's run by the BFEE which means they faked 9/11 so they could steal Iraq's oil to put in children's milk.

WHY DO YOU HATE CHILDREN!!1!

How dare you call me a shill for the Texas Big Dairy, I am a shill for Wisconsin Big Dairy!     :tongue:

And it pays very, very well.  In cheese, of course, but very, very well...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 09:18:21 AM »
 :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

hunter (26,129 posts)

45. Most of my ancestors were ranchers and dairy people, but I'm done with the milk lobby...

... and their mutant factory farm cows that get turned into cheap meat and meat-by-products at the end of their miserable "productive" lives.

Son of FrankenChicken!!! If DU-folk somehow leave you in need of :lmao: -grade amusement, read this classic debunker.

What most DU-folk actually know about the food on their tables would probably fit on a 3 x 5 index card.

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:27:19 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 09:26:02 AM »
bettyellen (41,173 posts)

36. My Chinese coworker said I smelled like butter and they hate that...

:lmao: Ummmmmmm ... My daughter lives in a "small town" of about 2.2M in central China. Bovine-sourced dairy products are readily available there. China is too large and regionally varied to make silly generalizations like that, except to those who know nothing but are ready to believe what they want to hear. :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 09:33:24 AM »
What most DU-folk actually know about the food on their tables would probably fit on a 3 x 5 index card.

leftstreet (28,156 posts)

3. The only people who should be drinking milk are baby cows

The only people who should be eating eggs are baby fowl.

The only people who should be eating grains are baby plants.

Yada, yada, yada ...

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »
Chuck Norris doesn't churn butter.
He roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 11:21:31 AM »
More of the usual from the pretentious vegan health nuts on the DUmp.
btw, if President Trump (I bet the DUmmies heads still 'splode from hearing that term) is actually planning to do away with Moo- chelle Obama's so- called "Healthy Kids Initiative" as it pertains to kids' school lunches, I'll freaking salute him for it (And considering I was never that big of a fan of his, that's saying something). That disastrous initiative reduced school lunches from rather unhealthy but satisfying portions of admittedly low- grade food into tiny portions of barely- edible crap (As a substitute teacher who at times had to buy cafeteria food when I didn't have time to pack a lunch, I can personally attest to how awful much of it is) that doesn't even come close to meeting the nutritional or caloric- intake needs of American kids and teens, all the while Moo- chelle's own daughters never had to choke down any of that, instead stuffing their spoiled little faces with huge portions of deluxe gourmet food at their exclusive private school.

"Omnivores: you smell weird and your kids are extra gross."
Vegans: You're a bunch of pretentious, self- righteous, preachy losers who often reek of incense and marijuana, and your kids (Those you haven't aborted, anyway) are rude, spoiled brats who'll each have criminal records a mile long before they even turn 18 thanks to your liberal parenting skills.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 04:52:00 PM »

Son of FrankenChicken!!! If DU-folk somehow leave you in need of :lmao: -grade amusement, read this classic debunker.

With room left over.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 05:23:20 PM »
OK. That's it! **** with my WHOLE MILK and it is war.

Point number 456,896 of why no DUmmy should be breathing out planet killing CO2.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 05:41:20 PM »
bathroommonkey76 (2,215 posts)

100. My mom would send me to school with a bag of her breast milk.

All of the other types of milk didn't taste right to me- She did that for 8 years. 

Ummm, not sure if DUmmy is trying to be sarcastic or this is true.  Sadly, there is absolutely no level of bizarre behavior over there that can be easily dismissed.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 05:47:48 PM »
Sadly, there is absolutely no level of bizarre behavior over there that can be easily dismissed.

Damned right about that, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »
I have doubts about bathroommonkey76's :bouncy: , unless his/her Mom was nursing an infant. If true, unless the milk was refrigerated, there could have been significant bacteria growth as it came up to room temp.

And seriousness aside, no wonder bathroommonkey76 hasn't grown up!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 09:09:50 PM »
That some libs don't want to drink milk is irrelevant to me. What's notable is the underlying attitude by the modern day political left that says because they believe a certain diet is harmful then the law should punish anyone who disagrees. The totalitarian tendencies of liberalism, something that has historically been a trait of the ideology, has only become more pronounced in the last few decades.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.