Author Topic: BuggyBitch leads profanity laden thread to defend Colbert  (Read 2931 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
BuggyBitch leads profanity laden thread to defend Colbert
« on: May 04, 2017, 10:33:28 AM »
I'll spare you better souls the copy and paste because she's determined to be as vulgar as possible.

However, unlike most of her posts this time the gays (pardon the pun) are pushing back:

Saviolo (1,188 posts)

20. I get it, I'm not an idiot

They're not attacking gay men like myself with their rhetoric when they're saying that Trump and Putin are having sex together. They're using gay imagery and iconography to make fun of Trump and Putin's toxic masculinity. And yeah, it's pretty funny sometimes.

I also got called fag and cocksucker for decades.

So, every time you use those words out loud in front of people, you might be pushing one young gay kid further into the closet because he thinks it must be SO WRONG to be gay that they're using it to insult these terrible people.

Does it bother Trump and Putin? Yeah, absolutely. In Putin's case, it likely means that he's going to put MORE pressure on homosexuals in Russia, and they're already rounding them up in Chechnya and telling mothers to KILL THEIR GAY CHILDREN SO THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T HAVE TO!

So pardon me when I ask for my allies to please not use homosexuality as an insult. I'm not demanding it, and I know it's not gonna stop. The target is just too juicy. I just wish sometimes that my allies on the left weren't so eager to try and upset and demean a strong man literally killing gay people with "Haha, he's a gay!" jokes.

Behind the Aegis (41,165 posts)

24. Apparently, homophobia is OK...sometimes.

The only people I see calling for Colbert's head are hypocritical republicans who couldn't care less about homophobia. As I said in another post, the irony here is the RW is howling about homophobia, while the left, our supposed allies, is ignoring the homophobia. This isn't the be all to end all of anti-gay insults, and as far as Colbert is concerned, he is very gay positive, but it doesn't change the fact it is demeaning to gay people.

Some animals are more equal than others. Apparently, we need to be 'splained to as to why using homophobia is OK when our side does it to "bad" people.

LaydeeBug (9,742 posts)

36. *nope*. It is NOT homophobia to say Trump's mouth is Putin's cock holster.

RedWedge (546 posts)

58. I'm wondering if you can walk us through your reasoning, instead of just saying "nope, that's

not the intent."

ProudLib72 (1,730 posts)

27. I'm not trying to downplay the gay bashing

I'm not trying to explain away something that exists. I can see how a lot of people would jump on the Colbert thing and call it gay bashing. But I just don't see that as a rational response. I see it as a RW attempt to make it into something it isn't. And, yeah, I can also see that trying to turn it into something it's not can be dangerous as well.

What I hope for is a more open discussion of gay issues. I don't think it's enough to say, "Oh, let's all embrace the LBGT community" and then go on about our business as usual. Come to think of it, I've been keeping a mental note of how many (few) threads there are about LGBT issues. I see them every once in a while, and it seems like it's the weekly "token" thread. In other words, I feel like the correct response is to call out the RW pundits for twisting the narrative while having a meaningful dialogue about gay issues. Otherwise, the RW wins.

Finally, I admit that I am writing this from the privileged position of being a straight, white male. So, no, I can't truly imagine your experience. I just don't want you to think I'm making light of it.

pnwmom  (81,875 posts)

32. You are being hypocritical. If right-wingers were using the exact same language to attack

people on the left, you would recognize it as gay bashing.

But somehow you think that being an ally of some sort allows you to use gay slurs against people you don't like.

You're wrong. It doesn't. Whether you are gay bashing is NOT dependent on some feeling inside your head -- in other words, if you hate gay people, it's gay bashing; if you love gay people, then it's not bashing.

No, that's not how it works. Whether it is bashing or not depends on the words you use, not your feelings when you use them.

Find some other way to insult Putin and DT than a slur that refers to gay sex.

LaydeeBug (9,742 posts)

40. *nope*. Not being hypocritical at all...being real.

"Find some other way to insult Putin and DT than a slur that refers to gay sex." <<<<<-----*NOPE*

Use WHATEVER WORKS.

You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

LaydeeBug (9,742 posts)

42. Holy ****ing WOW full of Oh HELL NO....

every time you use WHATEVER WORKS, you are showing that closeted gay kid that standing up for yourself is something they can do too.

Holy ****ing *WOW*. These are unprecedented times.

Saviolo (1,188 posts)

43. You are like every "ally" I had in high school

... who put their arm around my shoulder and said, "You're okay, man. I don't want to insult you, but THAT GUY OVER THERE IS A FAGGOT! LOLOLOL!!!"

pnwmom (81,875 posts)

31. I'd love to know how many of the people dismissing the significance of this are gay themselves. n/t

LaydeeBug (9,742 posts)

38. I'd love to see the gay community fight *THEM* instead of complaining about *us*

Oh...THAT'S RIGHT....a LOT of the gay community have no compunction whatsoever about any of that shit.

We will not back down. We will not relinquish *any* weapon.

words are words and if they bother them, that helps *us*.

Get ready to hear more "sand in their *****" over this or that.

That word '*****' *bothers* them.

***GOOD***

cwydro (25,085 posts)

46. I'm gay, and I hate being gay used as an insult.

I think you're wasting your time using reason with this particular op however.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029012573
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: BuggyBitch leads profanity laden thread to defend Colbert
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:42:53 AM »
The bug is close to the line.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:54:41 AM »
The bug is close to the line.

Russian paid troll alert swarms will surely be her undoing.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:18:47 AM »

Curious to what the primitives thought about this....jealous maybe?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 11:22:54 AM »
LaydeeBug (9,765 posts)
33. *nope*...stop making presumptions when they're making ATTACKS.

when they go low, you don't back down, and you *certainly* don't remove weapons from your arsenal

ANY of them.

This is undeniably stupid, and it hamstrings us.

*nope*

In fact, I implore my gays to give us fresh ammunition because "suck a golf ball through a garden hose" is dated by now, and I'm sure there's something more fresh out there.

But ********** that "don't say "he's on his dick" or say "they're bitching and moaning" because that might offend people in our community.

**** THAT ALL DAY LONG. PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO IMPOSE THAT SHIT ARE DIVISIVE AND GASLIGHTING US. **** THOSE MOTHER****ERS. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING. **** ***ANYBODY*** WHO TRIES TO FIGHT *US* WHILE WE'RE FIGHTING *THEM*. THEY ARE ONLY HELPING TRUMP CHUMPS. SHIT, THEY COULD EVEN BE RUSSIAN. WHO KNOWS.

I know this: *they* have gone so low, that I will NOT back down. If GOPee party people get 'outted' because some of those mother****ers are so far in the closet they're in Narnia, TOUGH ****ING SHIT. I won't even be sorry... and know that outting someone in the closet is a huge no. Wanna know why I dpn't give a shit...like I won't even be sorry...TREASON IS WORSE.

**** that.

all day long.

USE WHATEVER WORKS. Call them bitches, 'mo's, ho's, mother****ers, assholes, I don't give a flying rat's ass, but best BELIEVE anyone trying to hamstring you on this issue wants you to bring a pen to a gun fight.

**** THAT.

She needs to be taken to the nearest rubber room ASAP    :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 11:25:56 AM »
The gay mafia over there has a lot of clout...they're chiseling her name on a tombstone as I type.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 11:32:35 AM »
I was thinking her defense of using gay imagery to insult Trump might not go over well.

I wonder, however, how many upset DU-gays were yucking it up on the DU-threads where Melania was call a prostitute (whore, etc.).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 11:38:12 AM »
pnwmom (81,901 posts)
29. They are being used in order to demean Putin and Trump -- in their minds.

You said:" it isn't because anyone is trying to bother gays, and you know it. It bothers *them*, and *we* know that, too."

You are advocating the use of this as the ultimate insult against DT and Putin, but by doing so you are validating it as an insult.

LaydeeBug (9,765 posts)
35. see post #33 and never try to hamstring me again.

pnwmom (81,901 posts)
55. Or what? You'll insult gay people some more? nt

:popcorn:

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 12:02:39 PM »
I wonder what would their reaction be had Colbert said Trump is Putin's ni**er.  :fuelfire:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
(to the tune of 'Respect')

R-S-T-L-N-E

Don't ask what that means to me

R-S-T-L-N-E

Gimme some of that LSD
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:35:08 PM by Happy Fun Ball »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »
R-S-T-L-N-E

Don't ask what that means to me

R-S-T-L-N-E

Gimme some of that LSD

Those are the "gimme" letters on Wheel of Fortune.  :rofl:

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
Those are the "gimme" letters on Wheel of Fortune.  :rofl:

heh I know. It's also a parody of 'Respect'.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 12:47:33 PM »
Identity politics is really leading the left down a path that they never intended.

So keep doubling down on it, more fun for us sane humans.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »
Can't they ake a hormone pill, or something.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 02:44:51 PM »
That chick is crazy as a bedbug.  Damn.  And when she *gets* on to something *new* she. just. wears. it. out.  I *FEEL* like I'm being **GASLIGHTED**!!!11!!!

She's an embarrassment to women everywhere.

Wow.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 02:50:25 PM »
That chick is crazy as a bedbug.  Damn.  And when she *gets* on to something *new* she. just. wears. it. out.  I *FEEL* like I'm being **GASLIGHTED**!!!11!!!

She's an embarrassment to women everywhere.

Wow.

KC

I'm thinking more like Mole Level Expert.  I'm talking randys1 league.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 03:07:39 PM »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 03:07:59 PM »
I'm thinking more like Mole Level Expert.  I'm talking randys1 league.

Whoa, wait a minute here.  What are you doing?  Trying to Frame. The. Narrative??

*Nope*, she's NOT going to let you GASLIGHT HER!

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »
So all I know is trump was married to Marla maples (HAWT), Ivanka's mother (can't remember her name, but she was hawt) and now Melania (Smokin' HAWT)   Meanwhile there idol, thought about become a pilowbiter and college and ended up marrying a tranny.  I think it';s best if they just drop this whole topic myself, but I'm sure they'll ride it right to their demise in the 2018 mid terms like everything else. 

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 05:33:01 PM »
LaydeeBug (9,772 posts)
80. Nice try. No dice. I insist that you not censor me at ALL.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-8dytUtjlQ[/youtube]

Offline Charlespg

• Just Off Probation
  • Somewhere thats nowhere
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 06:53:52 PM »

LaydeeBug (9,765 posts)
33. *nope*...stop making presumptions when they're making ATTACKS.

when they go low, you don't back down, and you *certainly* don't remove weapons from your arsenal

ANY of them.

This is undeniably stupid, and it hamstrings us.

*nope*

In fact, I implore my gays to give us fresh ammunition because "suck a golf ball through a garden hose" is dated by now, and I'm sure there's something more fresh out there.

But ********** that "don't say "he's on his dick" or say "they're bitching and moaning" because that might offend people in our community.

**** THAT ALL DAY LONG. PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO IMPOSE THAT SHIT ARE DIVISIVE AND GASLIGHTING US. **** THOSE MOTHER****ERS. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING. **** ***ANYBODY*** WHO TRIES TO FIGHT *US* WHILE WE'RE FIGHTING *THEM*. THEY ARE ONLY HELPING TRUMP CHUMPS. SHIT, THEY COULD EVEN BE RUSSIAN. WHO KNOWS.

I know this: *they* have gone so low, that I will NOT back down. If GOPee party people get 'outted' because some of those mother****ers are so far in the closet they're in Narnia, TOUGH ****ING SHIT. I won't even be sorry... and know that outting someone in the closet is a huge no. Wanna know why I dpn't give a shit...like I won't even be sorry...TREASON IS WORSE.

**** that.

all day long.

USE WHATEVER WORKS. Call them bitches, 'mo's, ho's, mother****ers, assholes, I don't give a flying rat's ass, but best BELIEVE anyone trying to hamstring you on this issue wants you to bring a pen to a gun fight.

**** THAT. 

Offline Delmar

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 07:03:08 PM »
Response to Caliman73 (Reply #160)Thu May 4, 2017, 05:55 PM
cwydro (25,112 posts)
167. Gaslighting seems to be this poster's go-to phrase.

Boring.

And used wrongly most often.

:rotf:
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »
I had hopes for the batshit beetle for DOTY.  Unfortunately she is burning waaay too bright early in the year. Now she is semi dissing the gays at DU?   :mental:

Really bad move.  The DU gays stick together like the DU feminists do.  They gonna come down on her like the tsunami on Banda Aceh.

Batshit beetle better watch out cause if she don't change and change soon, it is only a matter of time. The ban hammer will come down on her like a ton of bricks.

I'll predict a granite pizza in her future. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 08:55:27 PM »
not banned yet

"don't let them frame the ****ing narrative!"
"gaslight"
"woke up"
"this is a coup!"

why even her own family can't stand her

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 09:55:31 PM »
Identity politics will be their downfall. Keep it up.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du