Author Topic: Reid calls himself a ‘one-man wrecking crew’ aimed at Romney  (Read 2420 times)

Offline RobJohnson

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called himself a “one-man wrecking crew” on Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s refusal to release his tax returns and warned of “17 angry old white men” spending vast sums on political advertising as he tried to rouse Carson City to vote for Democratic Rep. Shelley Berkley and President Barack Obama.

Reid told a packed room in Carson City on Monday that Romney was a “plastic man running for president who changes his position every chance he gets. He isn’t someone who should represent this country.”

In an interview after his speech, Reid said he would try to work with Republican Sen. Dean Heller after the election on issues such as Internet poker, noting his good working relationship with former Sen. John Ensign. But if Berkley wins, he predicted the Senate would not proceed with the House Ethics Committee investigation that has dogged her during the campaign.

Reid called the investigation into whether Berkley advocated for policies that would financially benefit her family “politically driven nonsense.”

Wrecking Ball Reid

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Jerry Sandusky also called himself a "one-man wrecking crew", and like Sandusky, Reid has never admitted to being a pedophile.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Dingy, Harry Reid must fancy himself a Democrat Party John Sununu.

Not even close.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
One brain celled idiot is more like it.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline jhincka

• Probationary (Probie)
One brain celled idiot is more like it.

Yeah, those Democrats are so Dumb!  But seriously, what is Romney hiding in his tax returns?

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Yeah, those Democrats are so Dumb!  But seriously, what is Romney hiding in his tax returns?

Nothing
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline jhincka

• Probationary (Probie)
Nothing

Wow, that was quick!  How do you know?  Do you have firsthand knowledge of his taxes?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Well, he's been a one-man wrecking crew in the U.S. Senate.  I'm surprised he has any time left to wreck anything else.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

You mean those tax returns that have been scrutinized by IRS with an electron microscope in a cheesy way to play "gotcha!"?

And IRS has said, regarding those tax returns, NOTHING?

Nothing at all. Unlike Timmy Geithner, who is likely one of the more egregious examples of a tax cheat sitting at senior executive level.

Tell me, Einstein, how does Romney's tax returns stack up to Geithner's?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Harry Reid or Philly Eagles Coach Andy Reid?

Both are almost laughably inept.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Re: Reid calls himself a ‘one-man wrecking crew’ aimed at Romney
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 11:25:49 AM »
Wow, that was quick!  How do you know?  Do you have firsthand knowledge of his taxes?

Yes.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 04:50:22 PM »

He's hiding the deductions he DIDN'T take, that ended up with him PAYING MORE than his LEGAL REQUIREMENT. Sounds like he pays his "fair share", doesn't it?

What's your DU name, assclown?

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »

If I were Harry, I'd stay away from any possible 'ball' narrative opportunities as much as possible.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 10:33:07 PM »
Old dingy harry has done at least as much damage as Jinkaka has.  Mitt is toast I tell ya.