Author Topic: Only 9% of Americans Cooperate with Pollsters. Hey Pandric!  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Only 9% of Americans Cooperate with Pollsters. Hey Pandric!
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:18 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/09/30/we-are-the-91-only-9-of-americans-cooperate-with-pollsters/
WE ARE THE 91%: Only 9% of Americans Cooperate with Pollsters
One of the most amazing — and significant — statistics of this election season has gone almost completely unnoticed:

Only 9% of sampled households gave an answer to pollsters in 2012:

It has become increasingly difficult to contact potential respondents and to persuade them to participate. The percentage of households in a sample that are successfully interviewed – the response rate – has fallen dramatically. At Pew Research, the response rate of a typical telephone survey was 36% in 1997 and is just 9% today.

The general decline in response rates is evident across nearly all types of surveys, in the United States and abroad. At the same time, greater effort and expense are required to achieve even the diminished response rates of today. These challenges have led many to question whether surveys are still providing accurate and unbiased information.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
Re: Only 9% of Americans Cooperate with Pollsters. Hey Pandric!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »
Go figure. :whatever:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:40:27 PM »
When my cell phone rings, I don't answer if I don't recognize  the number.  I figure if it's something really important they'll leave a message.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »
Don't need polls to get biased information , that's the mainscream medias job.  :whatever:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »
My SIL got a call tonight. She made up all kinds of bs. I just hang up on them.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »

I've only been called by pollsters twice in my life.  First one was a robo-pollster (you know, the press [1] for Yes, or [2] for No kind); except if you pushed the button for the candy-date OTHER than the one who was commissioning the poll, it would hang up on you.  The second time was a live pollster who did the same thing; answer the question other than the with the answer they wanted, and the pollster killed the circuit.

Yeah; you couldn't possibly convince me that polls are worth a beer-fart in a F5 whirl wind.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »
I've only been called by pollsters twice in my life.  First one was a robo-pollster (you know, the press [1] for Yes, or [2] for No kind); except if you pushed the button for the candy-date OTHER than the one who was commissioning the poll, it would hang up on you.  The second time was a live pollster who did the same thing; answer the question other than the with the answer they wanted, and the pollster killed the circuit.

Yeah; you couldn't possibly convince me that polls are worth a beer-fart in a F5 whirl wind.

Her's was a robo-pollster. During the 2008 election, I got a real live wire Obama pollster. Stayed on the phone about 10 min with this dipshit. He did not like my answers and tried to convince me I was wrong. He wanted me to hang up but I would not cause I wanted my vote to count. Since then, anyone that is a pollster, a telemarketer, selling stuff or a charitable organization, I hang up immediately.

Offline Undies

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 07:20:19 AM »
"No - no no, I could NEVER vote for a democrat.  I want to go to Heaven one day"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »

Me too.  My wife, far more Liberal than I but no fan of Obama, can't bring herself to just hang up on people and occasionally gets sucked into responding to one (Not so far this election, though).  I have no interest in wasting 20 minutes of my time being an unpaid member of a distributed focus group.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »
I've only been called by pollsters twice in my life.  First one was a robo-pollster (you know, the press [1] for Yes, or [2] for No kind); except if you pushed the button for the candy-date OTHER than the one who was commissioning the poll, it would hang up on you.   The second time was a live pollster who did the same thing; answer the question other than the with the answer they wanted, and the pollster killed the circuit.

Why in the world would a candy-date spend the money then, just to be told what he wanted to hear?  Whatever is the point? 

I wonder how many people are responding "obama", just so they don't have to listen to the "edge" in the pollster's voice?  Or worse, get roped into an argument with a stranger?  Doesn't Rush call this the Bradley Effect? 

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »
Why in the world would a candy-date spend the money then, just to be told what he wanted to hear?  Whatever is the point? 

I wonder how many people are responding "obama", just so they don't have to listen to the "edge" in the pollster's voice?  Or worse, get roped into an argument with a stranger?  Doesn't Rush call this the Bradley Effect? 

I would suppose that the Poll I was "participating" in was intended for public consumption, rather than the candy-date's own internal polling.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 12:08:21 AM »
The only thing I ever got was an automated call from Arnold Schwarzenegger telling me to not be a girly man and vote republican.