Author Topic: Republican presidential candidates??? Would welcome some input  (Read 2622 times)

Offline 5412

Hi,

Watched Rand Paul this morning on Fox News.  While I agree with much of what he says, he is so extreme that I don't think he is electible.  Romney got blasted, and for good reason with his stupid health care in MA also.  Trump scares me, they say Cain is unelectable and all the candidates from Gingrich to Palin are tainted.

I am starting to get frustrated. 

Wondering if anyone else is also.  I do not want the republican nominee to be the lesser of the evils, I would much prefer to feel we have several excellent choices.  So far I do not see that happening.

I am also learning that I have a lot of homework to do.  Some I have just read some of their comments like Paul saying the fed should be abolished and I sure agree with that.  After watching him this morning I realized that there has to be someone better out there......hopefully.  If not our country is in even deeper trouble than I thought.

regards,

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Republican presidential candidates??? Would welcome some input
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »
Anyone who says Cain is unelectable either hasn't listen to him, is purposefully ignoring him, or already made their minds up about their chosen candidate (read: liberals).

I think Johnson is okay but outside of NM, nobody knows who he is.  He won't make it to election day.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:42:18 PM »
Anyone who says Cain is unelectable either hasn't listen to him, is purposefully ignoring him, or already made their minds up about their chosen candidate (read: liberals).

I think Johnson is okay but outside of NM, nobody knows who he is.  He won't make it to election day.

I've heard liberals putting Cain down, but haven't heard much support from the right for him either. I heard one liberal on Fox saying that Cain isn't electable simply because of racism from the right.  WTF? 

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »

... they say Cain is unelectable and all the candidates from Gingrich to Palin are tainted.

I am starting to get frustrated. 

"They say ..." Exactly. "They" happen to be the leftys we employ in the Republican party and the "inside the beltway" crowd.

It is specifically meant to discourage you ... and millions of others like you .. and me. And ... as a side benefit .. it just happens to be a position that democrats are happy to 'soft peddle' too.

Truth is, the GOP leadership are about 95% democrat lite. Behind closed doors WE (conservatives) are the biggest threat to BOTH partys. This is why I say we need to TAKE BACK our own party. We should throw the bums out and MAKE THEM go start THEIR OWN third party. (We know what happens to third partys)

Hopefully enough conservatives will wake up to this truth and we throw the lot of them out onto their keisters in the next 2 elections. Who needs a choice between democrat and democrat lite? Well ... apparently the left does. The left of all stripes fear conservatives MORE than they fear the Taliban.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »
Well, like him or not Rush has great advice in this regard...the media and the left will tell us who they fear most and thus who our candidate should be: the one(s) they're always obsessed with denigrating! The one(s) they all prop up as a "formidable" candidate are probably not a good choice. Any of those "reasonable statesmen" types (RINO older white guys who have been in politics way too long and ones who think it's their turn) are the ones we should run from as fast as we can. Ron Paul is our very own Dennis Kucinich. But we really don't know who is running yet and there's plenty of time. Most people aren't even paying attention yet. Still, I'd love to see a combo like Palin/West just to watch the left's heads explode while they try unsuccessfully to not let their inner racism and sexism surface.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »
Well, like him or not Rush has great advice in this regard...the media and the left will tell us who they fear most and thus who our candidate should be: the one(s) they're always obsessed with denigrating! The one(s) they all prop up as a "formidable" candidate are probably not a good choice. Any of those "reasonable statesmen" types (RINO older white guys who have been in politics way too long and ones who think it's their turn) are the ones we should run from as fast as we can. Ron Paul is our very own Dennis Kucinich. But we really don't know who is running yet and there's plenty of time. Most people aren't even paying attention yet. Still, I'd love to see a combo like Palin/West just to watch the left's heads explode while they try unsuccessfully to not let their inner racism and sexism surface.

Cindie

Sound advice and definitely :hi5: worthy.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »

Cindie

The Lefty media gave us McCain in just that way last year.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 08:21:12 AM »
I've heard liberals putting Cain down, but haven't heard much support from the right for him either. I heard one liberal on Fox saying that Cain isn't electable simply because of racism from the right.  WTF? 

He's a Tea Party favorite. Screw what the establishment Republicans think. They're not running shit anymore.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline true_blood

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »
Screw what the establishment Republicans think. They're not running shit anymore.
BINGO! Well played.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »
Think about it:

I heard one liberal on Fox saying that Cain isn't electable simply because of racism from the right.  WTF?  

Yet he's a Tea Party favorite, which the libs say is nothing but a bunch of old white guys with American flags. Does that make ANY sense to ANY of you? How in the HELL can a "racist", assuming you guys understand the definition is the view that the race is inferior, choose a black guy to be their leader? Make any sense?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »
Truth is, the GOP leadership are about 95% democrat lite. Behind closed doors WE (conservatives) are the biggest threat to BOTH partys. This is why I say we need to TAKE BACK our own party. We should throw the bums out and MAKE THEM go start THEIR OWN third party.

Pundits like Rove and Krawhammer keep on spouting the eastern establishment Rockefeller bs. They do not like Palin or Cain but they never miss a chance to kiss Romney or Newt's ass. If either one of the turkeys win the Presidency, it will be 4 years of compromising which will just get us further in debt and a slow moving economy at best.

I will not vote for Romney. If republicians are that stupid, I will vote for the Tea Party Candidate in 2016 because I think there will be a huge backlash against a RINO administration. He will be a one termer also.   

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
As of today, Cain looks pretty good to me  :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »
Cain really NEEDS to establish an effective and well laid out foreign policy. This is what's hurting him right now. The stuff about how he has a plan once he gets elected simply isn't going to cut it. He also needs to back off the Gold Standard. That's something else that won't work. The rest of his ideologies suit me pretty well.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson