Author Topic: Bush claims executive privilege on CIA leak  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Bush claims executive privilege on CIA leak
« on: July 16, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »

Bush claims executive privilege on CIA leak

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush has asserted executive privilege to prevent Attorney General Michael Mukasey from having to comply with a House panel subpoena for material on the leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity.

A House committee chairman, meanwhile, held off on a contempt citation of Mukasey — who had requested the privilege claim — but only as a courtesy to lawmakers not present.

Among the documents sought by House Oversight Chairman Henry Waxman are FBI interviews of Vice President Dick Cheney.

They also include notes about the 2003 State of the Union address, during which President Bush made the case for invading Iraq in part by saying Saddam Hussein was pursuing uranium ore to make a nuclear weapon. That information turned out to be wrong.

Waxman rejected Mukasey's suggestion that Cheney's FBI interview on the CIA leak should be protected by the privilege claim — and therefore not turned over to the panel.

Much More

I am proud to see what a productive use the democrats have made of their tenure in control of congress.  I don't think they
have passed two meaningful pieces of legislation since they took over.  with another few "successes" like this one, the whole
thing could boomerang on them in november.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Bush claims executive privilege on CIA leak
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »
I have already had a conversation with a wilted-brain leftist about this elsewhere.  The "brain" wanted me to explain why two-term President George W. Bush would claim executive privilege if he has nothing to hide.  So I did. 

Oddly, the "brain" was not accepting of my rather reasoned explanation.  Poor thing.  "Nuh-uh" was about all he could sign-off with.  Oh, and I think he called me a ****wad (whatever that is).   

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:56:08 PM »
Oh, and I think he called me a ****wad (whatever that is).   

What it is? Sounds like a good way to lose some teeth.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »
I have already had a conversation with a wilted-brain leftist about this elsewhere.  The "brain" wanted me to explain why two-term President George W. Bush would claim executive privilege if he has nothing to hide.  So I did. 

Oddly, the "brain" was not accepting of my rather reasoned explanation.  Poor thing.  "Nuh-uh" was about all he could sign-off with.  Oh, and I think he called me a ****wad (whatever that is).   

just to look at it, you would think that it's a wad of f_ck, but even I don't know what that means. :-)

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 03:29:18 PM »

You have a smart brain!  :-) :popcorn:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »

definition.  or, the best I could find.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 03:59:22 PM »

definition.  or, the best I could find.

From Urbandictionary.com:

Your are suck a "**** wad" joey.

Can one really trust a dictionary which allows such errors and poor punctuation in its examples?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 06:26:31 PM »
"Congressional Democrats want to shed light on the precise roles, if any, that Bush, Cheney and their aides may have played in the leak."

Money quote.

Anything to deflect away from their 9% approval rating. How many millions and years did the special prosecutor spend on this already?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 09:59:12 PM »
"Congressional Democrats want to shed light on the precise roles, if any, that Bush, Cheney and their aides may have played in the leak."

Money quote.

Anything to deflect away from their 9% approval rating. How many millions and years did the special prosecutor spend on this already?

yeah, this thing is dead as can be.  waxman has actually been sorta quiet, compared to what he said he was going to do with
his lame ass committee after the dems took control of congress.  waxman is the one that looks like porky pig, isn't he?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 11:01:34 PM »

Money quote.

yeah, this thing is dead as can be.  waxman has actually been sorta quiet, compared to what he said he was going to do with
his lame ass committee after the dems took control of congress.  waxman is the one that looks like porky pig, isn't he?

This is waxman at home:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »
That was SUCH a stupid movie. Can build a intergalactic space ship, check. Open doors? Nope. Doesn't like water? Well, then they should have been ****ed since out atmosphere is primarily COMPRISED of it. Oh, and their method to take over the world? Spray gas from their wrists.  :lmao:

M. Night must not be the smartest sumbitch in the world.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
That was SUCH a stupid movie. Can build a intergalactic space ship, check. Open doors? Nope. Doesn't like water? Well, then they should have been ****ed since out atmosphere is primarily COMPRISED of it. Oh, and their method to take over the world? Spray gas from their wrists.  :lmao:

M. Night must not be the smartest sumbitch in the world.

M. Night made a damn good movie. 

Movies don't scare me.

I can't watch that one alone.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »

Movies don't scare me.

Offline djones520

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 11:47:58 PM »

Movies don't scare me.

Eat me.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 08:23:47 AM »
^LOL at you guys!

Shamalangadingdong's last good movie was the Sixth Sense IMO.

And yep, that's old Porky himself WE. There's a screen shot from a hearing somewhere on youtube and I swear it looks photoshopped. That man has a really unfortunate looking face. No wonder he's a miserable prick.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 08:56:53 AM »
^LOL at you guys!

Shamalangadingdong's last good movie was the Sixth Sense IMO.

And yep, that's old Porky himself WE. There's a screen shot from a hearing somewhere on youtube and I swear it looks photoshopped. That man has a really unfortunate looking face. No wonder he's a miserable prick.

click me

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 08:57:49 AM »
LOL! I wish he would say that and then disappear.