Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
Howdy
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »
Hey there, folks.

Name's Dave. I'm a political Centrist, although my definition of 'centrist' is probably not quite what you'd get out of Webster's. I enjoy doing a bit of hobbyist coding (I'm writing a game in Python and know some PHP and CSS), biking, hiking, playing guitar, and having a brew with friends when there's nothing better to do.  :cheersmate:

I'll be honest with you: several years back, I would have called myself a liberal. Now, I might admit to having liberal tendencies, but I am completely dissatisfied with the way the left side of the aisle is run (and the right too, a lot of the time, but that's okay - I assume most of you here are not DC politicos :wink:). I've really come to dislike the Democratic push for 'entitlements over rights'. And I've gravitated more towards a mixed conservative and liberal stance as the last decade or so has gone by.

I'm here because I consider the conservative voice and conservative movements like the Tea Party movement important and relevant to national politics and want to understand them better. I'll try not to make too big of an arse of myself while doing so.  :naughty:

Good to meet all of you, and I'm hoping to have informative discussions with you soon!

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »
Welcome Doppleganger, glad to have you join us.

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »
Thanks, bijou!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »
Welcome to the cave!  :cheersmate:

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »
Hiya!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »
Welcome!  :cheersmate:

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:51:40 PM »
Thanks and cheers!  :cheersmate: