Author Topic: Smugglers catapult pot over border fence  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Smugglers catapult pot over border fence
« on: January 27, 2011, 04:28:24 AM »
In a brazen attempt reminiscent of a medieval siege, Mexican smugglers tried to use a hefty catapult to hurl drugs north over the U.S. Border, authorities said on Wednesday.

The Mexican military seized 45 pounds of marijuana, a sports utility vehicle and a metal-framed catapult just south of the Arizona border near the small town of Naco last Friday, following a tip-off from the U.S. Border Patrol.

Surveillance video taken by National Guard troops deployed to support the Border Patrol caught a group of men apparently attempting to pull down a metal beam and load or test the catapult, which was powered by powerful elastic and mounted on a trailer close to the metal border fence.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc9jOVfeoQg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Smugglers catapult pot over border fence
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:24 AM »
I heard about that on the radio this morning.  They never did say, or I never did hear where the border was.  I assumed AZ.  I guess I assumed right.   
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
I heard about that on the radio this morning.  They never did say, or I never did hear where the border was.  I assumed AZ.  I guess I assumed right.   

Looks like the middle of nowhere.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »
I believe we have a cave member in in Sierra Vista.  That is awfully close.  Unlike most of the Tex-Mex border, AZ and Mex are right on top of each other.  I was watching a show on Nogales a few weeks ago, man, that stuff is tight!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:47:56 AM »
I say we move the catapult to our side of the border and use it as the preferred method for deporting illegals back across the border.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
I say we move the catapult to our side of the border and use it as the preferred method for deporting illegals back across the border.

Works for me, I like the way you think! 

Offline true_blood

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »
That would be awesome. They have a catapult in Mexico and we have a catapult on our side.
They catapult the drugs over, we confiscate them. Then, we load up an illegal and,....fire away. :-)

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 04:32:22 PM »

Hehehe ...
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic