Author Topic: Report: Pakistani President Musharraf to Be Impeached  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Report: Pakistani President Musharraf to Be Impeached
« on: August 07, 2008, 07:18:55 AM »
Report: Pakistani President Musharraf to Be Impeached

Political tension heightened in Pakistan today as it was confirmed that President Pervez Musharraf is to be impeached.

The leaders of the nation's two main parties, the Pakistan Peoples' Party and the Pakistan Muslim League reached an agreement early Thursday morning to force him to stand down.

Asif Ali Zardari, the head of the Pakistan Peoples' Party and Nawaz Sharif, the leader of the Pakistan Muslim League faction, will formally request that he steps down, and impeach him through parliamentary measures if he refuses to do so.

A senior member of the ruling coalition said a joint charge sheet against the president is being drawn up. It will leave Musharraf with options to defend himself before parliament or quit before the vote.

Ahsan Iqbal, a spokesman for the Pakistan Muslim League said today, "Musharraf cannot stay in power anymore."

FOX HEADLINE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Report: Pakistani President Musharraf to Be Impeached
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:24:51 AM »
I can hear em now..............."The criminals are starting to go down........it's our time, finally impeachmen!!!!!!t"...................3,.............2.............1
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Jim

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:32:27 AM »
He probably should have known it was time to ride into the sunset before.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 07:36:18 AM »
I read something yesterdady, on the site UrbanSurvival.com, that there was a report that Musharref would be the victim of a coup attempt in the next 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.  Maybe this is what was planned.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.