Author Topic: Morgan Freeman hospitalized after accident  (Read 8752 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Morgan Freeman hospitalized after accident
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2008, 01:20:16 PM »
I hope on our next trip to Tunica, we can get to his jazz club. I've heard it's wonderful and the food is supposed to be awesome. I saw a thing on it on the Food Channel and it looked good to me!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 01:34:48 PM »
He had surgery but is now up and walking.  Looks like he should be fine unless he gets a freaking hospital infection.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2008, 01:55:35 PM »
While Morgan Freeman is a decent actor, there are a multitude of actors that can replace him. While he hasn't rubbed our noses in his politics, he HAS spoken out with the typical Hollywierd-ite vitriol. I could GAFF about anybody in Hollywierd. They're just overpaid bards and jesters.

Snippy....

He has NEVER lost his roots. He co-owns a Blues club in my grandfather's hometown of Clarksdale, Ms. He ain't no Hollywood type. He may be a Democrat, but he ain't no moonbat.

/Mississippi vernacular off.  :-)

I guess the biggest surprise here, over his Mississippi roots, is that his parents are not brother and sister.   :o :fuelfire:  :-)

(running...ducking...laughing!)
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Alternate Ending to Morgan Freeman's Accident
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2008, 02:03:14 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMwmqp3GLMc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMwmqp3GLMc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mr. Freeman.

That is Samuel L. Jackson not Morgan Freeman.

This is Morgan Freeman.

I was aware of that.

Welcome aboard newbie...  :hammer:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Alternate Ending to Morgan Freeman's Accident
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMwmqp3GLMc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMwmqp3GLMc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mr. Freeman.

That is Samuel L. Jackson not Morgan Freeman.

This is Morgan Freeman.

I was aware of that.

Welcome aboard newbie...  :hammer:

nah, ROCKURWORLD has been around forever.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »
While Morgan Freeman is a decent actor, there are a multitude of actors that can replace him. While he hasn't rubbed our noses in his politics, he HAS spoken out with the typical Hollywierd-ite vitriol. I could GAFF about anybody in Hollywierd. They're just overpaid bards and jesters.

Snippy....

He has NEVER lost his roots. He co-owns a Blues club in my grandfather's hometown of Clarksdale, Ms. He ain't no Hollywood type. He may be a Democrat, but he ain't no moonbat.

I guess the biggest surprise here, over his Mississippi roots, is that his parents are not brother and sister.   :o :fuelfire:  :-)

mississippi is a pretty popular place with the admins around here.  :bird:

:-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2008, 02:14:38 PM »
Quote from:
... north Mississippi Highway 32 in Tallahatchie County

In case anyone forget about the bridge made famous by Bobbie Gentry.

"... the day that Billie Joe McAllister jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge."

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »
Mississippi ties:

Rebel (Byram, Horn Lake, Jackson)
Dixiebelle (Olive Branch)
USA4ME (Tupelo?)
Wretched Excess (Hattiesburg)

Anyone else?  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2008, 02:25:20 PM »
Mississippi ties:

USA4ME (Tupelo?)

No "?" required. Tupelo is correct.  Dad from New Albany, Mom from Pontotoc.

BTW, Reb...

GO STATE!!!!

:tongue:

OK, here you go, Reb...

Shame they got rid of Col Reb.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 02:37:10 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
I spent 3 weeks working a project at the BP natural gas plant in Pascagoula back in 2006.  Does that count?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
I spent 3 weeks working a project at the BP natural gas plant in Pascagoula back in 2006.  Does that count?

Nope.  :-)

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 04:40:43 PM »
Looks like things are looking up for Mr. Freeman. Now Who else besides me has noticed that all three of the biggest names in "The Dark Knight" have had some kind of trouble or died?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 04:54:04 PM »

Snippy....

mississippi is a pretty popular place with the admins around here.  :bird:

:-)

Purty mouths and all...

:fuelfire: :-)

Actually I have been through Mississippi and it was a beautiful place - a little too hot and humid but nice and the people I met were great to get shit faced drunk with.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:55:49 PM by PatriotGame »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 05:16:25 PM »
Mississippi ties:

USA4ME (Tupelo?)

My family didn't move to the big city until the 40's. Before then for several generations we came from Cascilla which is in the flippin sticks northwest of Grenada apparently. :-) 
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 05:17:47 PM »

Nope.  :-)

Even if I slept at a Holiday Inn while I was there?  :cheersmate:

Offline djones520

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »
Mississippi ties:

USA4ME (Tupelo?)

Lets see...  I lived in Biloxi for about 8 months in my adult life...  and I was concieved in Biloxi. :o  That count?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
Looks like things are looking up for Mr. Freeman. Now Who else besides me has noticed that all three of the biggest names in "The Dark Knight" have had some kind of trouble or died?

I heard that mentioned on tv this morning (Today show?) how weird it was that now yet another from Dark Knight was in trouble (hurt).....

One of those things that makes you go....hmmmmm? :devious:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2008, 10:22:19 PM »
Mississippi ties:

USA4ME (Tupelo?)

Lets see...  I lived in Biloxi for about 8 months in my adult life...  and I was concieved in Biloxi. :o  That count?

Yes. Being born at, well, if they have a hospital that delivers, Keesler, makes you a Mississippian by birth.  :cheersmate:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 10:23:25 PM »
Mississippi ties:

USA4ME (Tupelo?)

No "?" required. Tupelo is correct.  Dad from New Albany, Mom from Pontotoc.

BTW, Reb...

GO STATE!!!!

:tongue:

Thor and WE, can I get a consensus on banning a one USA4ME?  :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »
Hey Reb ?? Ummm, If I did that, just what would you do to me when you see MY loyalties ?!?!?!?

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 10:34:46 PM »
Hey Reb ?? Ummm, If I did that, just what would you do to me when you see MY loyalties ?!?!?!?

Not a damn thing. Boortz is an alum from aTm. He was on the Corps of Cadets. Hell his father was a retired USMC fighter pilot. He's also a TSIP hater. We have that in common. As a Razorback fan as well, I HATE the f'n Longhorns. Devil-supporting hand signs and all. 

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 10:36:39 PM »
BTW, it was ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a JOKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Offline djones520

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »
Mississippi ties:

USA4ME (Tupelo?)

Yes. Being born at, well, if they have a hospital that delivers, Keesler, makes you a Mississippian by birth.  :cheersmate:

I said nothing about being born.  I said I was concieved there.  I was born in Greece.  Crete to be specific.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2008, 10:45:17 PM »

I said nothing about being born.  I said I was concieved there.  I was born in Greece.  Crete to be specific.

Then no. You're not a Mississippian. You're a cretin.  :lmao:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2008, 10:46:27 PM »
:rimshot: