Author Topic: Bus passenger beheaded seat mate, witness says  (Read 8948 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Beheading on a bus in Canada??
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »
I've trained in the martial arts my whole life.  I am not going to willingly go after a man whose holding a big ****ing knife, in an enclosed area, while I'm unarmed. 

The rest of the people where smart.  If it had been a life or death (for everyone) situation like a plane hijacking, then yeah, no hesitation, but the deed was done, no one could save the guy at that point, and people had a means to get to safety, while ensuring that this guy didn't escape.  They did exactly what they had they should have done.

If you're going to sit idly by while someone is being bludgeoned to death because you don't want to get hurt, you're acting in a very cowardly way. I don't understand that mindset. If he had an Uzi, maybe. Then again, there is always a way to disarm someone with a firearm if he's distracted. A knife? When he's over-manned? Sure, you might get cut in the process, something that "I" personally would take out on the sumbitch, but a kid wouldn't be headless right now. No ****ing way in hell would I sit idly by and watch something like that go on. I've been in similar situations before.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
I've trained in the martial arts my whole life.  I am not going to willingly go after a man whose holding a big ****ing knife, in an enclosed area, while I'm unarmed. 

The rest of the people where smart.  If it had been a life or death (for everyone) situation like a plane hijacking, then yeah, no hesitation, but the deed was done, no one could save the guy at that point, and people had a means to get to safety, while ensuring that this guy didn't escape.  They did exactly what they had they should have done.

If you're going to sit idly by while someone is being bludgeoned to death because you don't want to get hurt, you're acting in a very cowardly way. I don't understand that mindset. If he had an Uzi, maybe. Then again, there is always a way to disarm someone with a firearm if he's distracted. A knife? When he's over-manned? Sure, you might get cut in the process, something that "I" personally would take out on the sumbitch, but a kid wouldn't be headless right now. No ****ing way in hell would I sit idly by and watch something like that go on. I've been in similar situations before.

Back on Milnet a couple years ago, I believe it was Dragonsoldier who posted a thread that showed what happened to a cop when he decided to go after an assailant with a knife, unarmed, because he thought using a gun was excessive force.  That TRAINED police officer got cut to ribbons.  The pictures where not pretty.

For someone unarmed to go after a knife weilding psycho (which is exactly what this guy was) in an enclosed area like a bus, when he had the option to get off the bus and keep the man detained (like what was done), he would be putting his life needlessly at risk, and most likely would have been majorly wounded, if not outright killed.

The victim was dead already.  By the time the people realized what was happening he had to have been stabbed several times.  By the time anyone could have thought of reacting and attempting to stop him, it would have been far to late already.  There was no saving this guy.  So what is the point of needlessly risking your life to apprehend him, when you can get to a safe location, and still ensure that this guy couldn't escape?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Bus passenger beheaded seat mate, witness says
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »
I have to agree with Djones.  They didn't say what kind of knife it was either.  It couldn't have been small to do that much damage.  I guess it could have even been a machete.  That being said if I were there and had a gun I would have shot him in a heartbeat.  It doesn't seem to be the case that anyone had any means of defending themselves.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »
Back on Milnet a couple years ago, I believe it was Dragonsoldier who posted a thread that showed what happened to a cop when he decided to go after an assailant with a knife, unarmed, because he thought using a gun was excessive force.  That TRAINED police officer got cut to ribbons.  The pictures where not pretty.

For someone unarmed to go after a knife weilding psycho (which is exactly what this guy was) in an enclosed area like a bus, when he had the option to get off the bus and keep the man detained (like what was done), he would be putting his life needlessly at risk, and most likely would have been majorly wounded, if not outright killed.

The victim was dead already.  By the time the people realized what was happening he had to have been stabbed several times.  By the time anyone could have thought of reacting and attempting to stop him, it would have been far to late already.  There was no saving this guy.  So what is the point of needlessly risking your life to apprehend him, when you can get to a safe location, and still ensure that this guy couldn't escape?

It's a helluva lot easier to combat an assailant with a knife in an enclosed area like a bus than it is out in the open. Also, there's nothing that says that kid would have died. He would have needed major surgery, but I've seen worse than stab wounds be treated with success.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 10:25:02 PM »
I have to agree with Djones.  They didn't say what kind of knife it was either.  It couldn't have been small to do that much damage.  I guess it could have even been a machete.  That being said if I were there and had a gun I would have shot him in a heartbeat.  It doesn't seem to be the case that anyone had any means of defending themselves.

...and that's your prerogative. I'm not going to sit idly by while some lunatic is trying to kill a kid. Knife or not, I feel it's my job as a human being to help my fellow human out in cases such as that. Could I have been stabbed? Maybe. Cut? More than likely. However, leaving this lunatic be would, well, you see how it turned out.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 10:53:09 PM »

it actually gets worse.  there is a good bit more detail at the link

Man on Greyhound bus stabbed, then beheaded

[snip]
"We heard this bloodcurdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly," Caton said from a hotel in Brandon, Manitoba, where he and other horrified passengers were taken.

Caton said the driver stopped the bus when he became aware of the attack and passengers scrambled off. A short while later, Caton said he re-boarded along with the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped to see what was happening.

He said the suspect had the victim on the floor of the bus and "was cutting his head off" with a large hunting knife.

"When he was attacking him, he was calm," said Caton. "There was no rage or, or anything. He was just like a robot stabbing the guy."

The attacker turned toward them and the three men quickly left the bus, blocking the door as the attacker slashed at them through an opening. The three secured the door to prevent the man's escape. Caton said the driver disabled the vehicle after the attacker tried to drive it away.

As the three guarded the door with a crow bar and a hammer, the attacker went back to the body and calmly came to the front of the bus to show off the head.

[snip]

Offline djones520

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »
This dude was twisted beyond all belief...
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
Despite the horror, there still is some good in the world:

Once they are released, Greyhound will take them by bus to Winnipeg, and "we will do whatever is required to help them, and that includes counseling," she added.

:II:

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »
UPDATE: Suspect identified - Vince Weiguang Li.  Probably not Muslim, but some of those Asian cultures are just as FUBAR.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/08/01/canada.beheading/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Bad choice of words in part of that, though:

Colwell praised the "extraordinary" level-headedness and bravery of the bus driver and passengers.

Was that supposed to be a really tasteless joke?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:49:33 AM by jinxmchue »

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 10:51:12 AM »

it actually gets worse.  there is a good bit more detail at the link

Man on Greyhound bus stabbed, then beheaded

[snip]
"We heard this bloodcurdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly," Caton said from a hotel in Brandon, Manitoba, where he and other horrified passengers were taken.

Caton said the driver stopped the bus when he became aware of the attack and passengers scrambled off. A short while later, Caton said he re-boarded along with the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped to see what was happening.

He said the suspect had the victim on the floor of the bus and "was cutting his head off" with a large hunting knife.

"When he was attacking him, he was calm," said Caton. "There was no rage or, or anything. He was just like a robot stabbing the guy."

The attacker turned toward them and the three men quickly left the bus, blocking the door as the attacker slashed at them through an opening. The three secured the door to prevent the man's escape. Caton said the driver disabled the vehicle after the attacker tried to drive it away.

As the three guarded the door with a crow bar and a hammer, the attacker went back to the body and calmly came to the front of the bus to show off the head.

[snip]

Where's Tom in Tib when you need him?  :o
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 10:53:21 AM »
"He sat in the front at first; everything was normal," Caton said. "We went to the next stop, and he got off and had a smoke with another young lady there. When he got on the bus again, he came to the back near where I was sitting. He put his bags in the overhead compartment. He didn't say a word to anybody. He seemed totally normal."

Half an hour later, the attack began, Caton told the AP. "There was no rage or anything. He was like a robot, stabbing the guy."

Crazy.  :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 11:35:08 AM »
why second degree murder?

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 02:05:31 PM »

Not pre-meditated.  Spur of the moment.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 02:16:38 PM »
Second-degree? That is messed the hell up. It could be reduced to manslaughter.  :censored:

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc/cs/C-46/bo-ga:l_VIII-gb:s_229//en#anchorbo-ga:l_VIII-gb:s_229

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
...but it carries a 25-year life sentence.

(b) in respect of a person who has been convicted of second degree murder where that person has previously been convicted of culpable homicide that is murder, however described in this Act, that that person be sentenced to imprisonment for life without eligibility for parole until the person has served twenty-five years of the sentence;

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc/cs/C-46/bo-ga:l_XXIII-gb:s_743//en#anchorbo-ga:l_XXIII-gb:s_743

EDIT:

Nope, he can be paroled after 10 (The red letters above show why he won't get 25):

(c) in respect of a person who has been convicted of second degree murder, that the person be sentenced to imprisonment for life without eligibility for parole until the person has served at least ten years of the sentence or such greater number of years, not being more than twenty-five years, as has been substituted therefor pursuant to section 745.4; and
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:22:00 PM by Rebel »

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 02:30:37 PM »

didn't sound spur of the moment to me. He came aboard with a huge butcher knife. He did not start out sitting next to the victim. Did I read that right?

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2008, 04:28:21 PM »

didn't sound spur of the moment to me. He came aboard with a huge butcher knife. He did not start out sitting next to the victim. Did I read that right?

Premeditation is difficult to prove.  I think, too, if you just go out to kill someone you come across, it's not considered premeditation, or at least a defense attorney can usually successfully argue against it.  Legal stuff is different all over, too.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 08:49:02 PM »
Police: Canada killer ate victim's flesh aboard bus
By CHARMAINE NORONHA Associated Press
Aug. 2, 2008, 7:02PM

TORONTO — A police officer at the scene of a grisly beheading on a Canadian bus reported seeing the attacker hacking off pieces of the victim's body and eating them, according to a police tape leaked on the Internet Saturday.

In the tape of radio transmissions, a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer refers to the attacker as "Badger" and says he is armed with a knife and scissors and is "defiling the body at the front of the bus as we speak."

On the tape, which lasts about 80 seconds, officers continue to detail the attacker's movements until one reports, "Badger's at the back of the bus, hacking off pieces and eating it."

Full Article

=====================================================

Dude, this sick**** is a cannibal. He had the galls to eat his victim. WTF??????????????? I hope Vince Li is impaled and kept alive as long as possible. He should be given drugs to make the pain even worse.
 :maddernhell: :angryvillagers: :redbird: :argh:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »

TORONTO — A police officer at the scene of a grisly beheading on a Canadian bus reported seeing the attacker hacking off pieces of the victim's body and eating them, according to a police tape leaked on the Internet Saturday.

In the tape of radio transmissions, a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer refers to the attacker as "Badger" and says he is armed with a knife and scissors and is "defiling the body at the front of the bus as we speak."

On the tape, which lasts about 80 seconds, officers continue to detail the attacker's movements until one reports, "Badger's at the back of the bus, hacking off pieces and eating it."

Full Article

Dude, this sick**** is a cannibal. He had the galls to eat his victim. WTF??????????????? I hope Vince Li is impaled and kept alive as long as possible. He should be given drugs to make the pain even worse.

damn.  just.damn.

if this happened in the US, he would be headed for the electric chair.  crazy?  who cares? light him up in a clown suit. :censored:

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2008, 09:11:57 PM »

Full Article

damn.  just.damn.

if this happened in the US, he would be headed for the electric chair.  crazy?  who cares? light him up in a clown suit. :censored:

I'm hoping if this had happened in the US our police would have shot his ass to smithereens!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2008, 09:26:49 PM »
Too bad they abolished the death penalty in Canada.

Man, this is sick and twisted!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
Too bad they abolished the death penalty in Canada.

Man, this is sick and twisted!!

I think, when the authorities look into it, they will find a bunch of murders that this twisted f*cker has perpetrated.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2008, 10:47:25 PM »

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2008, 11:44:09 PM »
Really just a kid. His, the victim's, myspace page. :(

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=108390479

From his myspace page:

Who I'd like to meet:
People, a dinosaur, an alien, the wolfman, frankensteins monster, a vampire, every kewl canadian, every kewl american, every kewl every body, ppl that drink, ppl that dont, ppl who smoke, ppl who dont, ppl that work, ppl that that dont, ppl who drive, ppl who dont, ppl that get married, ppl that dont, ya get the point. either way i like meeting new people all the time and most importantly i want to meet ppl that DO!

Well, he met a monster...

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2008, 11:53:57 PM »
Really just a kid. His, the victim's, myspace page. :(

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=108390479

From his myspace page:

Who I'd like to meet:
People, a dinosaur, an alien, the wolfman, frankensteins monster, a vampire, every kewl canadian, every kewl american, every kewl every body, ppl that drink, ppl that dont, ppl who smoke, ppl who dont, ppl that work, ppl that that dont, ppl who drive, ppl who dont, ppl that get married, ppl that dont, ya get the point. either way i like meeting new people all the time and most importantly i want to meet ppl that DO!

Well, he met a monster...
A monster of Color & cover ?