Author Topic: DUmmies POS site can't make money so he goes to the DUmp for handouts  (Read 1537 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone else would pick-up his site when it lapses?  :-)

Link

Ghost in the Machine  (1000+ posts)       Fri May-02-08 04:30 PM
Original message
**Please help keep republicansexoffenders.com online**
 republicansexoffenders.com is having its first ever fundraising drive in an effort to keep the site online. Profits from online sales from my other site usually keeps it going, but sales have been literally nonexistent for the past 3 months, leaving the site in a bind. The domain name is due for renewal in 3 weeks (5-21-08) and I'd hate to lose it and see the site disappear. Any donations are greatly appreciated. To make a donation, please go to http://www.republicansexoffenders.com and click the "Donation" button at the top of the page.

***Required Disclaimer***

The administrators of Democratic Underground have given permission for one discussion thread on this topic. The administrators of Democratic Underground make no claims regarding the legitimacy or illegitimacy of this fundraising effort. Permission was granted by Skinner on May 2, 2008, and the moderators have been notified.

Thank you in advance for all your help,

Ghost

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
So, it's not really about sex offenders, it's about Republicans.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lord Undies

**YES!**  It is vital this site no one ever sees stay up and running.  I can't imagine a more worthy cause. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Let's see if I got dipshit's plan straight... he has a website he can't afford to pay for as it is.  He links said site to public forum where MORE people will go to it, further driving up traffic and operating costs.  Gotta love that DUmmy math. 

I think he's just looking for some free publicity.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
Ya know, I don't think there's a person on this site that would support a site dedicated to Democratic child molesters. Child molesters in general? Yes. One directed as such? **** no.  :whatever:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Link

We could link it to Bernie Ward's homepage.  Or mike_c's Department of Bug Nerd-ology at Humboldt U. since he approves of them (as long as they vote Democrat).  How about Pete Townsend?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator

Link

We could link it to Bernie Ward's homepage.  Or mike_c's Department of Bug Nerd-ology at Humboldt U. since he approves of them (as long as they vote Democrat).

How about Barney Fwanks?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I am confused about this.

When I was owner of Scamdy, I paid all the expenses myself.

I assume this primitive's web-site is about the same level of sophistication, the same level of traffic, as was Scamdy.

Scamdy cost me $12.95 a month, plus whatever that minimal fee was for annual registration of the domain-name.

Pocket-change; Doug's ex-wife probably spends more than $12.95 per day at her kafehaus.

When I decided Scamdy had outlived its usefulness, and decided to let it lapse, there was still $40 in the budget, which I then donated to a certain election-fraud investigator on the west coast, in the name of the "Kelvin Mace" primitive, the malicious cartoon character primitive, on the east coast.

Fat Che confuses me, too; obviously he thinks he should pay himself some sort of monthly salary for maintaining a web-site boosting, promoting, his own personal interests.

I don't get it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I am confused about this.

When I was owner of Scamdy, I paid all the expenses myself.

I assume this primitive's web-site is about the same level of sophistication, the same level of traffic, as was Scamdy.

Scamdy cost me $12.95 a month, plus whatever that minimal fee was for annual registration of the domain-name.

Pocket-change; Doug's ex-wife probably spends more than $12.95 per day at her kafehaus.

When I decided Scamdy had outlived its usefulness, and decided to let it lapse, there was still $40 in the budget, which I then donated to a certain election-fraud investigator on the west coast, in the name of the "Kelvin Mace" primitive, the malicious cartoon character primitive, on the east coast.

Fat Che confuses me, too; obviously he thinks he should pay himself some sort of monthly salary for maintaining a web-site boosting, promoting, his own personal interests.

I don't get it.

I agree, my wife and I maintain a fully-independent (i.e. no commercials) dot-com website with a local host for $25 a month which includes the trivial cost of annual domain renewal.  I spend more than that on soft drinks, it's pocket change.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.