Author Topic: orchidectomized sparkling husband primitive praises gardeners  (Read 1318 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3042765

Oh my.

And later on, the lying titty primitive joins the bonfire.

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)       Fri Mar-21-08 01:56 PM
Original message

There's an all Hispanic landscape crew working today on a property near mine ......

... and it put me in mind of other waves of immigrants who came to the US to better their lives.

My family is Italian. Italians faced social obstacles similar to those encountered by Hispanic immigrants. My paternal grandfather was (for his day) educated and was fluently bilingual. He was made a foreman at the local GE plant, in charge of a crew of Italians.

Down the street from where I grew up in a house next door to the house in which my father grew up, was a Polish family. The oldest son was my best friend. His father owned a radio and teevee repair shop. He learned the business from his immigrant father, who, for a time, worked for the power company, with a crew of Poles (NO pun intended) stringing and maintaining power lines. He soon wanted to learn more and chose the nascent electronics business as one that was growing.

These two anecdotes are, without a doubt, common among the millions of similar stories.

My friend and I have enjoyed the fruits of the labors of our fore bearers. Who are we, as Americans, to deny that opportunity to anyone?

I continue to be a person who welcomes immigrants to our country.

I only hope they will continue to **want** to come here.

Taverner  (1000+ posts)       Fri Mar-21-08 01:57 PM
Response to Original message

1. Me too

Again, I'm one of those who think that if our neighbors to the South are good enough to trade with us, they're good enough to come over here, unfettered.

All NAFTA countries should have open borders without exception.

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Fri Mar-21-08 02:01 PM

2. Hell, my family was a clan of ... immigrant CRIMINALS when they arrived in what is now Angelina County, Texas, in 1630.

Most of them probably should have been taken out and shot.

Thank heavens they didn't arrive just last year.

I am with you 100%, H2S.

elehhhhna (1000+ posts)      Fri Mar-21-08 02:03 PM

3. Mine was leaving Holland after WWI. Left our fortune there and moved here!

Grandpa always said that's what his father did, and it turns out to be true!

Non-english speakers just off the boat were not exactly welcomed w/ open arms.
apres moi, le deluge