Author Topic: Man with three parrots wanted for robbery in Fairfax County  (Read 607 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Man with three parrots wanted for robbery in Fairfax County
« on: August 25, 2023, 05:25:56 AM »

FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. (DC News Now) — Detectives said they are on the lookout for a man with three parrots, last seen wearing a black cowboy hat.

The man is accused of robbing a McDonald’s restaurant, located at 6165 Arlington Blvd., in the Seven Corners area.

The Fairfax County Police Department (FCPD) said the robbery took place at knifepoint around 8 a.m. Tuesday. Investigators said he stole an undisclosed amount of money then left the area in a Ford SUV.

Officers said surveillance video from a nearby business showed the man who appeared to be between the ages of 28 and 32 and had tattoos and three parrots. He also wore a black cowboy hat. They released footage and still images of the man on Wednesday.

Police asked anyone with information regarding this case to call them at (703) 256-8035.

Cue the "Polly wanna cracker?" jokes.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Man with three parrots wanted for robbery in Fairfax County
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 09:52:12 AM »

Cue the "Polly wanna cracker?" jokes.

C'mon Eupher: you know that the birds were the masterminds of the whole operation. Natural thieves, the lot of 'em. :naughty:

When I was a little kid, my mom took me to Burney Falls in the Redwoods National Forest. While we sat on the rock wall keeping folks out of the stream proper, my mom was giving 'Nila wafers to the local squirrels. The squirrels would take the cookie and run it up to their cache in thhe trees they were nesting in, then come down for another. What they neglected to notice was that a blue jay was watching where they deposited the cookies, and as soon as they were headed back for another one, the bird would swoop in and steal it, My mom must have given 4 - 5 tree rats 4 - 5 cookies apiece before the one blue jay had had his fill and moved on.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Man with three parrots wanted for robbery in Fairfax County
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 10:18:13 PM »
C'mon Eupher: you know that the birds were the masterminds of the whole operation. Natural thieves, the lot of 'em. :naughty:

When I was a little kid, my mom took me to Burney Falls in the Redwoods National Forest. While we sat on the rock wall keeping folks out of the stream proper, my mom was giving 'Nila wafers to the local squirrels. The squirrels would take the cookie and run it up to their cache in thhe trees they were nesting in, then come down for another. What they neglected to notice was that a blue jay was watching where they deposited the cookies, and as soon as they were headed back for another one, the bird would swoop in and steal it, My mom must have given 4 - 5 tree rats 4 - 5 cookies apiece before the one blue jay had had his fill and moved on.

LOL. Yeah, bein' the bird guy that I am (parrots mostly - I'm not too familiar with the smaller species of non-parrot types, though jays are definitely a force to reckon with) I can appreciate their hold on the perp.

Just one problem -- since when do THREE PARROTS actually work together to get anything done? They're usually busting each other's balls.

:cheersmate:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.