Author Topic: Housing prices down Rent up: Dummies Confused  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Housing prices down Rent up: Dummies Confused
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »
Come on JR dummies don't like payin period.  Half live in the basement at mom an pops.  The other half couch surf and leach off society like bobo the hobo.  BTW have you ever watched dummies put up a tent?  I am here to tell you it can be a most entertaining comedy show. Or the great shadow shows from leaving the lantern on. :whatever:

[youtube=425,350]Fukh437NmXQ[/youtube]
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
Could you imagine renting to one of these people? They'd be the stuff of landlord nightmares. You know these are use-security-and-last-month-rent-for-last-2-months'-rent people. So if there are any damages beyond normal wear and tear, good luck trying to recover a thing. And if it didn't suit them to have 30 days' or 60 days' notice from the landlord (I give at least 60), they're just the types to put the landlord through housing court hell based on the 30-day law.

I don't suppose the OP also considered little things like fluctuating electricity and NG costs, if electricity is included?

I swear, I really do believe these people think they're supposed to be able to have a home for free. I've encountered this mentality personally. It's amazing.

I don't know much about the housing market, really, but it seems to me that empty, foreclosed houses can't possibly equate with more rental units--somebody has to buy them, keep them up, and then rent them!

Now, I would expect an increase in existing foreclosures to correlate to an increase in squatters.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 02:39:47 PM »
Not really--with the exception of RAPIDLY declining markets, it's always better to own than rent.  Hell, I know a bunch of folks who bought in CA on the downside and turned the houses into rental properties, going for MORE than the monthly nut of their mortgage/taxes/insurance.

And when the market recovers (and mark my words, it will eventually) those people are going to be the ones who are that much farther ahead.

Bought my home in 1995, the last down-turn in the market. People were having to sell homes that they paid 115K for in the mid 80's for 95K. Perfect for me.   :-)   Even with the last "slide" I'm still ahead of the game.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »
I would think that rental properties would be at a premium, since people are losing their houses and are looking for cheaper places to live.   This should apply even more to multi-unit complexes, I'd think.