Author Topic: DUmmy Fails History- Again  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

DUmmy Fails History- Again
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8697678

ej510 (1000+ posts)      Tue Jul-06-10 06:34 AM
Original message
BP and the Texas Legislature owe my family trillions!
 Edited on Tue Jul-06-10 06:50 AM by ej510
In lieu of the Gulf Coast disaster, we present to you the Curious Case of Anderson Willis, an "Ethiopian" freeman who purchased upwards to
3,000 acres of land in rural Texas with gold bars in the 1800's, BEFORE
THE EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION!! His oil rich holdings have become the
root of controversy, with the family fighting to get property
back from Texas power brokers who used forged documents to steal land
worth TRILLIONS! The Willis land is where Rockerfeller formed Standard
Oil, which ultimately became BP!!
Hear first hand accounts
of the murderous, treacherous regime that these oil companies have
always been and some insightful info on this ancient Moorish elder that
defies all logic with Willis' great grandson, STACEY MIMS. Add him on FB and build with the brother to get the full account of one of the Greatest Stories Never Told.

According According to family accounts Anderson Willis migrated from Ethiopia and made his way to the "Americas" where he proceeded to acquire a vast estate that included property in several states. My question though, is did he come from the Ethiopia over "there" or over "here?" As this map attest, in ancient times these maps referred to Ancient Amexem (Americas) as what we now know to be "Africa"...interesting to say the least.

http://knowtheledgemedia.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-cu... 
These asshats will be teaching this crap too.

Standard Oil was formed in Ohio in 1870. The first gusher in Texas was in 1901 at Spindletop in Beaumont. Capt. O'Brien bought over 1000 acres in 1888, convinced there was oil there because of leaking gases.
I don't know what comic book the idiots took that 'Africa" map from, but everyone knew where Africa was well before the 1800's. How could you forget about slavery- the cause of all your whiney ass guilt?
"The lawsuit is a legal long shot. For one thing, it was filed long after Texas' 25-year statute of limitations had expired. For another, the family has never been able to find deeds showing that Anderson Willis bought the land the Willises lived on. And, finally, the suit fails to accuse specific individuals of specific misdeeds. It merely states that "certain white citizens" defrauded Anderson Willis at a time when blacks in Texas were subjected to a "system of divestment and terrorism."  Whitey!

Most of the Willises have moved away from Butler, although two families have remained on the land, one by repurchasing some of it and the other by claiming title through "adverse possession," in which a resident claims continuous use of another's land.  A while back, one family member pastured a horse on part of the property. The parcel's current owner persuaded Freestone County to file a trespassing charge. In court, prosecutor Bob Gage took pains to weaken the image of the Willises as a defenseless group of victimized blacks. B...bu..but...

According to stories handed down through the Willis family, he was born in Virginia to parents brought from Africa and sold to an owner in Alabama as a young man. After the Civil War, in his mid-50s, he made his way to Texas, bringing with him an unusual amount of money--"a chest of gold" is the way Adkins remembers hearing it. 40 acres and a chest of gold?

He began buying land in Freestone County in 1869, according to one of the documents Adkins found, in an era in which only one in 100 blacks owned property in Texas and even the most prosperous blacks owned no more than a few hundred acres.
A formal survey of the traditional boundaries of the Willis land, as remembered by 82-year-old Chavous Willis, a great-grandson who still lives on the land, measured the property at 2,986 acres, as claimed in the suit. The most the sisters could find associated with Anderson Willis was 732 acres. Tax records show 412.

Defense attorneys say that's because Anderson Willis probably squatted on most of the land rather than purchasing it. The Willises say it's because Freestone County government officials probably refused to record most of the purchases or altered documents to let whites claim it. Damned whitey again.

They found one in a series of transfers in 1899 in which Willis deeded more than 400 acres of his property to five of his children in exchange for promissory notes. The sisters found records saying that the notes were subsequently sold by Willis to Fairfield businessmen in exchange for feed and grain. These notes were traded on several other occasions until one businessman--contending Willis still owed him money--foreclosed on the property in 1904.
But no one in the family had ever talked about Anderson Willis deeding property to his children, or borrowing money against the land.Or they'd have to pay the debt. The notes had to be phony, the sisters decided, forged in order to steal land.
(During her research, a county worker dropped a book on Adkins hand. Adkins sued her for assault, but lost a jury trial.) Surprise!

After Anderson Willis died in 1917 at the age of 105, some whites began filing legal claims on the property for debts. In the following decade, several of the new property owners filed documents that returned the land to the Willises but assigned subsurface rights for minerals, oil and gas to others, Adkins said. Sounds like they sold the rights.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-03-30/news/mn-564_1_anderson-willis/

September 16, 1987
A federal judge in Waco, Tex., has dismissed a civil rights lawsuit filed by a black Gardena woman and dozens of her relatives alleging that whites swindled her great-grandfather out of nearly 3,000 acres of land in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
U.S. District Judge Walter S. Smith Jr. ruled that the 1984 lawsuit by Jeanette Adkins and other descendants of Anderson Willis was filed long after the statute of limitations had expired.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: DUmmy Fails History- Again
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »
Well, since the land is worth trillions let's make sure they pay their fair share of taxes.

By Obama's calculations that should leave them with just enough money to file for federal assistance.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:36:20 AM »
The map at the link is South America. Am I missing something?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
The map at the link is South America. Am I missing something?

No, you're not.  It is all terribly confusing.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »
At the dummy's link, it says something about this particular 'oil heir' being from Ethiopia. But is it the one in Africa or the one on the map, SA? Supposedly a map from the time Willis was forced into slavery, so now ej doesn't know if the guy's African or  Columbian or where Ethiopia really is.  :lmao: The oil heir has decided he's Ethiopian, although he can't trace his ancestry past 1880.

ej510 (1000+ posts)      Tue Jul-06-10 06:53 AM
Response to Original message
1. My family has been in court over our land for decads.
 It's ****ed up how someone can steal something and tie up lawsuits forever so they can continue to reap the benefits from a land; which belongs to someone else.
What's a decad?

Ruby the Liberal  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jul-06-10 01:03 PM
Response to Reply #2
4. Fascinating read
 So all of these people have been paying fees to the unnamed "family committee" for years in order to pursue a claim on land from 150 years ago, but without documentation or legal representation?

Interesting comments about how "some (unnamed) heirs" have already received "amazing amounts" of cash from claims.

PT Barnum was right.

She gets it.

WolverineDG  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-06-10 12:41 PM
Response to Original message
3. Texas land titles are so screwed up
 that the title companies cannot guarantee you have title free & clear.
Idjit.

Gee, if we all get our ancestral lands back, I get most of North and South Carolina, and all of the Land Between the Lakes.  :cheersmate:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
There are some strange undercurrents in Black culture, including a whole crew who claim to be 'Free Moorish Citizens' or some similar claptrap despite being born and raised here, mainly in the Philly area, and claim diplomatic immunity based on some documents from the days of the Barbary States; they believe this exempts them from things like having to buy license plates or get drivers' licenses, or pay income taxes...in their own way they are as nutty as the White midwestern tax protesters with their self-printed 'Constitutional' drivers licenses, plates, and gun permits.  The local police mostly don't regard it as worth their while to screw with them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »
Gee, if we all get our ancestral lands back, I get most of North and South Carolina, and all of the Land Between the Lakes. 

Hell, then between me and "Toots", we own West, "by God", Virginia and much of Virginia proper!

Where do I file suite to reclaim what my ancestors settled?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 06:19:05 PM »
Hell, then between me and "Toots", we own West, "by God", Virginia and much of Virginia proper!

Where do I file suite to reclaim what my ancestors settled?

Well, then--I get some of "The Auld Sod" in Ireland . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.