Author Topic: Would you say without question  (Read 2376 times)

Offline CC27

Would you say without question
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »
gabeana (2,716 posts)

that two most honorable men to hold the office of President in the last hundred years or so and maybe ever Obama and Carter.
Looking at both of their administration they were run without major scandals and overall just outstanding character, Solid Human beings
I was thinking about that when thinking of the last 6 or 7 republican presidents who have been nothing but shit shows, maybe not ford in that group.

It seems like Democratic presidents are held to a different standard by the media lets not forget the Bush/Cheney crowd was also a shit show

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210139870

I am lost for words.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Would you say without question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:58:18 PM »
obama was one big scandal. an 8 year shit show. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:01:42 PM »
carter:

Iran Hostage
Stagflation
Misery Index
Soviet expansion

And that is just off the top of my head.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »
Barry had a media that dared not question his deity.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
carter:

Iran Hostage
Stagflation
Misery Index
Soviet expansion

Those all had to do with his incompetence. I think he was an honorable person, just way over his head as president.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
Those all had to do with his incompetence. I think he was an honorable person, just way over his head as president.

That was my impression until the past 10 or 15 years when he started expressing his antisemitism publicly. I suppose it is possible he acquired it some time in the 80s or 90s, but I doubt it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »
carter:

Iran Hostage
Stagflation
Misery Index
Soviet expansion

Weaponized rabbits.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »
carter:

Iran Hostage
Stagflation
Misery Index
Soviet expansion

Since heating & gas prices are exploding, wear more sweaters. #39, Jimmy Carter
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 05:47:06 PM »
Weaponized rabbits.

Once again proving what side conservatives should be on in the bunny war.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 06:12:57 PM »
Nope, I wouldn't say that.  And I wager a majority of Americans wouldn't say that, either.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 06:25:40 PM »
I've heard from some people who actually worked with Carter (Not first person, don't get me wrong) that he was really rather shitty to the people who worked for him, especially if they weren't his political appointees, and all his 'Hard working nice guy' persona was a total false front, aided and abetted by a sympathetic press.   Though, I would say, despite his incredible incompetence and terrible decisions, for a politician he seems to have been fairly honest outside his image presentation.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »
I've heard from some people who actually worked with Carter (Not first person, don't get me wrong) that he was really rather shitty to the people who worked for him, especially if they weren't his political appointees, and all his 'Hard working nice guy' persona was a total false front, aided and abetted by a sympathetic press.   Though, I would say, despite his incredible incompetence and terrible decisions, for a politician he seems to have been fairly honest outside his image presentation.

I read something a long time ago... think it might have been in readers digest... that said Carter was an asshole to the Secret Service detail.  It was an article on how presidents treated their Secret Service detail.  Profiled like 6 presidents and their attitude toward the protection detail.  Went all the way back to DDE.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 07:02:31 PM »

He would leave for a weekend at Camp David laden with thick briefing books, would pore over budget tables to check the arithmetic, and, during his first six months in office, would personally review all requests to use the White House tennis court. (Although he flatly denied to Bill Moyers in his November 1978 interview that he had ever stooped to such labors, the in-house tennis enthusiasts, of whom I was perhaps the most shameless, dispatched brief notes through his secretary asking to use the court on Tuesday afternoons while he was at a congressional briefing, or a Saturday morning, while he was away. I always provided spaces where he could check Yes or No; Carter would make his decision and send the note back, initialed J.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1979/05/the-passionless-presidency/308516/
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 06:29:53 AM »
gabeana (2,716 posts)

that two most honorable men to hold the office of President in the last hundred years or so and maybe ever Obama and Carter.
Looking at both of their administration they were run without major scandals and overall just outstanding character, Solid Human beings
I was thinking about that when thinking of the last 6 or 7 republican presidents who have been nothing but shit shows, maybe not ford in that group.

It seems like Democratic presidents are held to a different standard by the media lets not forget the Bush/Cheney crowd was also a shit show

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210139870

Funny coincidence is that I have been comparing Obama to Carter for years, just not the same way this DUmmie is.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 07:56:57 AM »
I've long thought that OhBummer! is probably the worst US President ever. The past year has removed that "probably", and there is almost certainly worse yet to be learned.

A year ago I would have rated OhBummer! as among the most corrupt Presidents, and the past year has removed the, "among", with worse yet to be learned. As best we know, the worst Clintonian corruptian happened after he was out of the WH.

When it come to indolence, BJ Billy may outrank OhBummer!.

When it comes to incompetence it's a toss-up between OhBummer! and Carter. Carter was "merely" in over his head. OhBummer!'s incompetence was founded on arrogance and malevolence (toward the US!), so I think he edges out Carter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.