Author Topic: It's time to end the Olympics  (Read 2142 times)

Online CC27

It's time to end the Olympics
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:49:33 AM »
Algernon Moncrieff (3,559 posts)

The doping.
The absurd amount of money that is spent preparing the venues
The rotting of the venues after the games
The petty rivalries.
The constant worries over terrorism (and in the case of the upcoming games in South Korea, the constant worry about North Korea).

The corrupt IOC.
The Ryan Lochte story
The Tonya Harding story
Larry Nassar
Corrupt judging

I'm over it. Whatever is going to be spent to prepare LA, there have to be better ways to spend the money.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029929770

You made you judge and jury?

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Re: It's time to end the Olympics
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »
Another example for why these morons should continue to be relegated as powerless internet message board warriors.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:31:04 AM »
The first set of reasons sounds a lot like good incentives to eliminate the west coast.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:00:21 PM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:37:09 AM »
Personally I have to agree, it is all a big money making / wasting enterprise and the whole basic idea has been lost.
The people competing spent their lives preparing, they are not amateurs anymore.

The money would be better spent on birth control for the 3rd world and liberals here.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 11:14:27 AM »
Algernon Moncrieff (3,559 posts)

....orrrrrrrr you cold change the channel and watch something else and let those who do enjoy watching the Olympics continue to watch.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:09 AM »
Someone's mad that the Really Rottens almost never won.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:33:38 AM »
I've heard that NBC is having a tough time getting volunteers to go over and work these Games, because the prevailing attitude seems to be, "I don't want to get nuked by some madman." :whistling: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 12:39:36 PM »
In a few more years the Olympics will be worthless. The IOC has decided that transgendered freaks can compete if they have had surgery and hormone therapy.

That means mutilated men will be competing against biological females.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 01:35:07 PM »
In a few more years the Olympics will be worthless. The IOC has decided that transgendered freaks can compete if they have had surgery and hormone therapy.

That means mutilated men will be competing against biological females.

Like that guy who was "competing" in women's HS track and destroyed the competition.   People willing to put steroids in their bodies just for an edge will CERTAINLY take hormones for an assured win (until the field is ONLY men).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
I've heard that NBC is having a tough time getting volunteers to go over and work these Games, because the prevailing attitude seems to be, "I don't want to get nuked by some madman." :whistling: :fuelfire:

Now that is silly, it only hurts for a couple of milliseconds. :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 06:40:19 PM »
I actually agree with the DUmmie. The Olympics have become politicized by the whining progressives, and bring destruction to the cities that host them. The last decent Olympics was the LA 1984 Olympics, which actually brought a PROFIT to the Los Angeles metro area, as they had a lot of private business investment into the infrastructure.

However, once city councils have seen the amount of money to be made, cities have overbid, allowing the city councils to get millions in kickbacks and crony deals that fleeced local taxpayers and governments. Finally, the inevitable politics became front and center, with the olympics one huge progressive cesspool.

Finally, since going full professional the Olympics seem like crap. No more will we be able to watch an event like the 1980 US Hockey Team, the greatest sports story in history as it basically energized the US after the horrible 70's and the Iranian hostage crisis, also ushered in the Great Awakening culminated by the election of Ronald Reagan and the return to US exceptionalism.

So this DUmmie Algernon, you wins the cave award for actually writing something that most of us agree should happen. (Not for the reason you think though. So there.)
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 06:51:29 PM »
Personally I have to agree, it is all a big money making / wasting enterprise and the whole basic idea has been lost.
The people competing spent their lives preparing, they are not amateurs anymore.

The money would be better spent on birth control for the 3rd world and liberals here.

I have to agree with you, Grumpy. It was a noble idea... but the USSR as far back as the 70's did not follow the rules of amateur athletes and it has just gotten worse.   :cheersmate: 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 10:22:14 PM »
I actually agree with the DUmmie. The Olympics have become politicized by the whining progressives, and bring destruction to the cities that host them. The last decent Olympics was the LA 1984 Olympics, which actually brought a PROFIT to the Los Angeles metro area, as they had a lot of private business investment into the infrastructure.

However, once city councils have seen the amount of money to be made, cities have overbid, allowing the city councils to get millions in kickbacks and crony deals that fleeced local taxpayers and governments. Finally, the inevitable politics became front and center, with the olympics one huge progressive cesspool.

Finally, since going full professional the Olympics seem like crap. No more will we be able to watch an event like the 1980 US Hockey Team, the greatest sports story in history as it basically energized the US after the horrible 70's and the Iranian hostage crisis, also ushered in the Great Awakening culminated by the election of Ronald Reagan and the return to US exceptionalism.

So this DUmmie Algernon, you wins the cave award for actually writing something that most of us agree should happen. (Not for the reason you think though. So there.)

The Olympics today really lost the Olympic spirit.

It was a more casual affair back than.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du