Author Topic: I am still constantly amazed by the callousness of Trump supporters  (Read 2086 times)

Online CC27

hamsterjill (9,644 posts)

I am still constantly amazed by the callousness of Trump supporters

I’ve weeded most of the Trump supporters out of my life, but I’m in red-ass Texas, so getting rid of them completely is pretty much impossible.

I was at a luncheon today where a woman proclaimed her Christian belief, invoked the name of God at least three times, and then proceeded to say that Dreamers should be denied medical care if they showed up injured at an emergency room.

Let that sink in. Turn an injured child away at an emergency room because their parents brought them to the United States.

I literally shed tears. I can be a real bitch about some things, and I’m hard-nosed about a lot of things, but NO ONE should ever be turned away from an emergency room if they are injured.

These people are monsters.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029889546

These stories get better and better. NOT.

Offline thundley4

Re: I am still constantly amazed by the callousness of Trump supporters
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:11 AM »
DUmmies are the only people that don't know it is against the law for ERs to refuse treatment in life threatening cases.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 11:11:30 AM »
We all know that DU-folk and truth are barely casually acquainted, but let's pretend this :bouncy: happened. Let's pretend that, absent some sort of support in the :bouncy: , the person speaking was a Trump supporter (there are conservative Never-Trumpers). One person represents the views of 10s of millions of Trump supporters? Even a few DU folk should call her on the moronicity of that fallacy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:57:47 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 04:52:07 PM »
I dunno.

I've been over to DU Jr., where all sides are free to post.

Those on this side of the aisle strike me as some of the nicest people one could hope to meet.

We're talking Trump people here.

Those on the dark side of the aisle strike one as being real losers, mostly because of their asinine pomposity. such as Mr. High-and-Mighty-my-shit don't-stink the bread man, who thinks he's God gift to cerebrality, and the primitive light in the loafers.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
Imaginary people saying imaginary things to anger the DUmmie's imaginary morals.

How much did you give to the homeless last week, DUmmie?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »
hamsterjill (9,644 posts)

I am still constantly amazed by the callousness of Trump supporters

I’ve weeded most of the Trump supporters out of my life, but I’m in red-ass Texas, so getting rid of them completely is pretty much impossible.

I was at a luncheon today where a woman proclaimed her Christian belief, invoked the name of God at least three times, and then proceeded to say that Dreamers should be denied medical care if they showed up injured at an emergency room.

Let that sink in. Turn an injured child away at an emergency room because their parents brought them to the United States.

I literally shed tears. I can be a real bitch about some things, and I’m hard-nosed about a lot of things, but NO ONE should ever be turned away from an emergency room if they are injured.

These people are monsters.

I have read/heard meth makes one see and hear things.  Perhaps you should get off the meth?
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 07:01:04 PM »
I dunno.

I've been over to DU Jr., where all sides are free to post.

Those on this side of the aisle strike me as some of the nicest people one could hope to meet.

We're talking Trump people here.

Those on the dark side of the aisle strike one as being real losers, mostly because of their asinine pomposity. such as Mr. High-and-Mighty-my-shit don't-stink the bread man, who thinks he's God gift to cerebrality, and the primitive light in the loafers.

Good point. How many times has TheMasterNematode posted that he would not help a Republican or Trump voter, no matter how much the person was in distress. And how many DU-folk cheered his many posts of that kind? And me-too'ed them?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
ok hamsterfill.  Since you are so compassionate how about you sponsor a dreamer and pay for all their medical needs.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 11:33:34 AM »
Funny, when I'm in a position to help someone, and it's happened, the first thing I DON'T think about is their political side.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 04:59:39 PM »
I literally shed tears.

Ah, liberal tears, so sad  :sosad:   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »
Turn an injured child away at an emergency room.....

"Child"?

Aren't most of these "children" in their 20s and 30s by now?
apres moi, le deluge