Author Topic: I Saw Al Franken at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair Booth. Rock Head  (Read 2092 times)

Online CC27

MineralMan (100,540 posts)

I Saw Al Franken at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair Booth

Our Junior Senator tries his best to show up every day during the Fair's 12-day run. Typically, he'll set aside about 20 minutes or longer to stand outside of a booth there and shake people's hands and exchange greetings. This year, on the day my wife and I went to the fair, there was a person at the booth, telling passers-by that Senator Franken would be there in 10 minutes. A line started forming immediately.

My wife and I continued on our way. We've both met him and chatted with him on multiple occasions during campaign season, so we didn't stay. About 15 minutes later, we came back by the booth on our way back from having a look at the pigs in one of the livestock buildings. Sure enough, there was Al, with people lined up to shake his hand and take a selfie with Mr. Franken.

We watched for a minute or two, as people came up, shook his hand, or stood next to him for a selfie. He often put his arm around a person's back so he could get closer and everyone could get into the picture. I imagine his hand hit a few people's hips or even farther down their backs. I suppose someone might mistake that for something, but I doubt there was ever any intention on Franken's part.

Each person or couple got about 15 seconds with the Senator. Then, it was time for the next person to step up for a brief moment with someone famous and likable. Did Al Franken grab anyone's butt? Highly unlikely. All I saw was smiles on people's faces who got to stand next to the man for a short time. Over the course of 12 days, I imagine Senator Franken grew weary of all that flesh-pressing.

We walked on, heading for the "Miracle of Birth" center, where we watched a calf being born. It's the State Fair. There's lots of stuff to do. Later, we walked by the Republican Party booth and stuck our tongues out at the people there behind the Trump signs. It's the State Fair, after all.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029885918

What a story. ****ing idiot.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: I Saw Al Franken at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair Booth. Rock Head
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »
 :yourpoint: :tool: :dn:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 03:07:38 PM »
MineralMan! Did he grab your butt and stick his tongue in your mouth? Seems to be that Franken MO.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 03:24:51 PM »
I think Minnesota Moses is pissed that he didn't get groped when it was his turn.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 03:32:47 PM »
Could you imagine being around this condescending ass very much?  I’m sure he’s the smartest guy in the room at all times ... at least in his mind.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »
We walked on, heading for the "Miracle of Birth" center, where we watched a calf being born. It's the State Fair. There's lots of stuff to do. Later, we walked by the Republican Party booth and stuck our tongues out at the people there behind the Trump signs. It's the State Fair, after all.

I was surprised to see a democrat taking an interest in a demonstration about the miracle of birth until I read on to find out that it was the birth of a calf and not a person. 
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »
Later, we walked by the Republican Party booth and stuck our tongues out at the people there behind the Trump signs. It's the State Fair, after all.

And they looked at you and said to themselves, the short bus got here!  :shortbus:

He often put his arm around a person's back so he could get closer and everyone could get into the picture. :popcorn:He didn't want to miss an opportunity to grope some ass. I imagine his hand hit a few people's hips or even farther down their backs. I suppose someone might mistake that for something, but I doubt there was ever any intention on Franken's part.So you are a psychic / mind reader as well as an ass hole. :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 05:30:34 PM »
Well, whoop-whoop-whoop-de-do.

Yip-yip-yippity-yay.

So Minnesota Moses is congratulating the guy for doing something politicians are supposed to do, mingle among the hoi polloi, shaking their hands, and somesuch.

Yet Minnesota Moses has expressed a liking for politicians who don't do that, staying contemptuously above the mob--number one among them Messalina Agrippina, and before her, that one guy, and before him, the Bostonian Billionaire John Kerry?

Based upon news reports--and yes, from the mainstream media--it looks pretty much as if one's supposed to pay the politician himself for the "honor" of shaking his hand or saying a greeting to him--especially if the politician's Democrat.

Does anybody remember--it wasn't that long ago--when candidates for public office, and elected politicians, used to hold pig roasts and fish fries and big picnics and cookouts for voters or constituents, giving something to the people rather than demanding something from them in exchange for meeting their host?

So what goofy Al did is rare these days, but hardly commendable; he did what they're supposed to do in the first place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 05:58:37 PM »
Minnesota Moses just told us Franken can sexually molest someone within a 15 second window, and Moses is too incompetent to notice.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »
"Your honor, I can show you hundreds of instances in which Al Franken did not grope someone."  :-)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 07:43:54 PM »
We walked on, heading for the "Miracle of Birth" center, where we watched a calf being born.

Followed by the "Beauty of Murder" abortion center where we watched a human baby vivisected moments before delivery.  An awesome time was had by all! 
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 07:44:54 AM »
Cool story Brzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 09:18:39 AM »
Later, we walked by the Republican Party booth and stuck our tongues out at the people there behind the Trump signs

How old are you again ?