Author Topic: Removing President Turd  (Read 2722 times)

Online CC27

Removing President Turd
« on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:13 AM »
lagomorph777 (2,044 posts)

Removing President Turd

We're all becoming legal scholars these days as the nation tries to figure out how to survive. Lots of numbers being thrown around; thought I'd summarize a theme (in numerical order). Odds right now (even according to his Neonazi pal Bannon) are that the 25th amendment, rather than impeachment, will be Turd's downfall. Failing that, I think eventually one of his nutjob followers will be disaffected enough to attempt a 2nd Amendment solution.

ARTICLE 1 SECTION 2 CLAUSE 5

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

ARTICLE 1 SECTION 3 CLAUSE 6

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

ARTICLE 1 SECTION 3 CLAUSE 7

Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

ARTICLE 2 SECTION 4

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

ARTICLE 3 SECTION 3 CLAUSE 1

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

AMENDMENT 1
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

AMENDMENT 2
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

AMENDMENT 25 CLAUSE 4

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029701656

Legal scholars?  :rotf:

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Removing President Turd
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 08:56:43 AM »
keep clinging to that 25th amendment mental masturbation fantasy DUmmies, if that's what gets you thru the day....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »
Dream on, clowns.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:16:31 AM »

Removing President Turd

We're all becoming legal scholars.....

Oh good gawd.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:57:28 AM »
Oh good God.  :thatsright:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:11:31 AM »

Removing President Turd

We're all becoming legal scholars ...

Taught, no doubt, by DU's own Attorney General, laserhaas, :-) .
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:50:32 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:22:33 AM »
No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Ends it there.  There are witnesses to things that MIGHT IMPLY that a thing happened with the guy who stayed at a Trump property in 2016 but that is as close as it gets.

I have FORGOTTEN more about the USC than everyone in the DUmp have ever "learned." 
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
Trump is toast! This has legs!

Point to ANYTHING Trump has done to "qualify" impeachment proceedings.

:cheersmate: DUmbasses.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 01:26:52 PM »
I'm holding out for LMPV's opinion.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 01:29:22 PM »
The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker

OK dipshit it is choose, not that I am being a spelling nazi.

Since you are trying to act like you have a freaking working brain, check your spelling loser.

And before you post all this stupid shit you need to check with the Palmer Report or at least consult with Lois Mensch

You have 24 hours to fix this.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »
Trump is toast! This has legs!

Point to ANYTHING Trump has done to "qualify" impeachment proceedings.

:cheersmate: DUmbasses.

I assume you mean:

Trump is legs!  This has toast!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:39:42 PM by freedumb2003b »
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »
I suppose their stupid little hobby has a positive aspect, as it keeps them from meddling in more important and relevant  matters.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »
lagomoron666,

Keep flexing those e-muscles you douche!

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »
I suppose their stupid little hobby has a positive aspect, as it keeps them from meddling in more important and relevant  matters.

Like getting a J-O-B, for starters.

Although the mandatory drug testing would likely weed out about 99.9% of the DUmmies.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 06:45:17 AM »
Like getting a J-O-B, for starters.

Although the mandatory drug testing would likely weed out about 99.9% of the DUmmies.

:hi5: ! I saw what you did there, :-) .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.