Author Topic: Redstateblue girl is angry, tired, and needs a break  (Read 2513 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Redstateblue girl is angry, tired, and needs a break
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:25:12 AM »
redstatebluegirl (2,719 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029349051

I am tired and need an internet break.
I am going to take a few days, or longer away from the internet, including DU. Since November I have been in a constant state of anger, frustration and fear. I have tried to help candidates when I can, help the party when I can and resist whenever I can, online or offline.

I am 62 years old and I'm damn tired, mentally, physically and emotionally. My health is not the best, my blood pressure has been up since November and as many of you know I am losing my sight to Macular Degeneration. I have been fighting the good fight since I was 15 years old and protesting the war in Vietnam. This person in the White House (I refuse to call him President) may have cooked my goose. I could not sleep again last night after listening to someone on the bus this morning praising him as brilliant and saying who cares if he is talking to the Russians. Well I care, I care A LOT!

I don't believe they will impeach him, in fact I am beginning to think this Republican party will do anything to hold power so he will get reelected in 2020. Sorry for the dismal forecast but I never thought politics could impact my life and well being the way it has the past few months.

I took a break right after the election. While I don't post here, or on other democratic forums I belong to, I am here almost every day and since February 2 or 3 times a day reading posts from some of my favorites and some newbies.

May give up facebook for good, it has become a very nasty dark place, of course I live in Oklahoma where Trump is king but even friends from home who I thought were sane Republicans have lost their minds with the power they have right now. If 2018 goes to the Republicans I may just crawl in a hole and stay there until we get blown to bits because of the orange one or Eddie Munster.

Not that I would be missed here, I"m not one of the people who post all the time, but I do see this place a my very own disfunctional family . I'll be back in a few days or so. I don't think I am alone in feeling like this. I posted something similar when I came back after the election.

Keep resisting, we have to, me MUST!

Yes. You and plenty more there have nothing but constant hatred and anger. You are going to work yourself up for a stroke.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Redstateblue girl is angry, tired, and needs a break
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:43:04 AM »
Yes. You and plenty more there have nothing but constant hatred and anger. You are going to work yourself up for a stroke.

The sooner, the better. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »
Still cracks me up.  Conservatives didn't go anywhere near this bonkers when President Obama was elected.  Sure, some were off the rails.  But the rest of us just kept waking up every day & go to work and not obsess over politics.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
edstatebluegirl (2,719 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029349051

I am 62 years old and I'm damn tired, mentally, physically and emotionally. My health is not the best, my blood pressure has been up since November and as many of you know I am losing my sight to Macular Degeneration. I have been fighting the good fight since I was 15 years old and protesting the war in Vietnam. This person in the White House (I refuse to call him President) may have cooked my goose. I could not sleep again last night after listening to someone on the bus this morning praising him as brilliant and saying who cares if he is talking to the Russians. Well I care, I care A LOT!

I do wish they would quit teasing me and just start dying off already.  :censored:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »
All this proves is that some people take this political stuff way more seriously than they should. If it is affecting your mental and physical health you should find a new hobby. Let's face it, unless you are in politics for a living then it is a hobby. Choice of hobbies is optional.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 10:45:34 AM »

Quote from: Loon
I could not sleep again last night after listening to someone on the bus this morning praising him

Couldn't sleep last night because someone said something today.

Lunatic.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 11:05:37 AM »
redstatebluegirl (2,719 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029349051
... Since November I have been in a constant state of ... fear.

Ummmmm ... Trump has been in office for 6 months. Shouldn't you be reexamining whether your fear has any basis in reality?

edstatebluegirl (2,719 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029349051

I am 62 years old and I'm damn tired, mentally, physically and emotionally. My health is not the best, 1 my blood pressure has been up since November and as many of you know I am losing my sight to Macular Degeneration. I have been fighting the good fight 2 since I was 15 years old and protesting the war in Vietnam. This person in the White House (I refuse to call him President) 3 may have cooked my goose. 4 I could not sleep again last night after listening to someone on the bus this morning praising him as brilliant and saying who cares if he is talking to the Russians. 5 Well I care, I care A LOT!

1 Your BP is due to your decision to react hysterically. :ownit:

2 Displaying what a naive twerp you were in 1969! And you haven't matured since! You need to tour the Killing Fields Museum in Cambodia, docented by former Boat People, children of South Vietnamese formers, and survivors of the Killing Fields. And when you arrive at the pile of skulls, the docents should surround you and chant, "You helped cause this!" over, and over, and ... :ownit:

3 Trump isn't responsible for your macular degeneration or your hysterical response to Hilliary losing last November. You, and you alone, are, for the hysteria at least. :ownit:

4 Wow! With that kind of prophetic ability, you could have a career replacing Jean Dixon!

5 Why do I suspect "redstatebluegirl" was one of the many Libs howling because Reagan didn't meet with the Russian leader (Andropov?) for a long time. The US is a major nation; Russia is a major nation; China is a major nation; etc.; their leaders are going to meet. Welcome to the past 4 or 5 decades, moronette!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 11:21:42 AM »
This is what happens when emotional maturity stops at age 5.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 11:35:26 AM »
Here DUmmie, this will make you feel better:

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 04:29:39 PM »
Dry up and blow away you miserablew old fart. You and those hateful, vile bile filled progressive losers need to understand we the people are tired of you and your shit. Go away mad, we don't really care. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 04:30:10 PM »

I am tired and need an internet break.
I am going to take a few days, or longer away from the internet, including DU. Since November I have been in a constant state of anger, frustration and fear. I have tried to help candidates when I can, help the party when I can and resist whenever I can, online or offline.

Let me help you dummie. Here is what you do:

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi