Author Topic: Newb posts an article favorable to Trump, gets locked for stupid reason  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Odoreida (152 posts)

Gorbachev compares Putin-Trump meeting to his meeting with Reagan (TASS)

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).
Source: TASS

ROME, July 8. /TASS/. Ex-president of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev compared the meeting between Russian and US leaders Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump at the G20 summit in Hamburg to his meeting with ex-president of the United States Ronald Reagan. The politician made such a statement in an interview with Italian publicist Giulietto Chiesa posted on Globalist portal on Saturday.

"I recall when we started the disarmament dialog with Ronald Reagan, I was told in several days after first contacts that US naval vessels entered the Black Sea and approached territorial waters of the Soviet Union. I was asked, "What shall we do?" I understood immediately this was a provocation: someone in the Pentagon did not want that dialog," Gorbachev said.

Handshaking between Putin and Trump is a positive signal, the ex-president said. "This opportunity should not be missed. It will be challenging but this meeting is very important. It may become a starting point to deliver results seemed to be unachievable now," Gorbachev said.

Read more: http://tass.com/politics/955452

FWIW.

TASS == Official Russian government handout.
Star Member turbinetree (5,257 posts)
1. **** You

I don't like some one committing treason there Gorby, and I don't like some one going around and saying that your esteem leader is a good man....................I guess you haven't been reading or seen the blathering from a asshole sexual predator

Normalizing of shit is still shit, just a different color
What does Bill Clinton have to do with this???
Chasstev365 (3,586 posts)
2. Both Reagan and Trump were dottering, old men who had no specifics or understandings!
Of course one of those dottering, old men brought down the Soviet Union without one shot fired.
Star Member DonViejo (29,252 posts)
5. Locking...

TASS is not a reputable mainstream news website and/or blog for LBN purposes. Please consider posting this article in the General Discussions Forum.
Sure, THAT'S why you're locking this topic. Wonder if Newb will have the nerve to try posting it in GD . . .

Offline SVPete

Chasstev365 (3,586 posts)
2. Both Reagan and Trump were dottering, old men who had no specifics or understandings!

:rotf: Both had and have better knowledge understanding of geopolitics than you do of English spelling and grammar! :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Sure, THAT'S why you're locking this topic.

Being that Pravda and Tass were the preferred information sources for libs during the USSR and for long periods thereafter, I agree it's an excuse and not the reason.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Being that Pravda and Tass were the preferred information sources for libs during the USSR and for long periods thereafter, I agree it's an excuse and not the reason.

Bingo.
apres moi, le deluge