Author Topic: Obama Vs Trump: How A Real Leader Celebrates July 4th  (Read 1598 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Obama Vs Trump: How A Real Leader Celebrates July 4th
« on: July 05, 2017, 11:44:52 AM »
Initech (61,102 posts)                   https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029289822

Obama Vs Trump: How A Real Leader Celebrates July 4th
Tuesday is America’s 241st birthday, but the president isn’t spending this weekend at the White House celebrating—he’s in New Jersey.

On Friday, after Donald Trump met with and gave a joint statement alongside South Korea’s Moon Jae-in, the commander-in-chief and his wife left Washington for Bedminster, New Jersey. They’re scheduled to stay at the Trump National Golf Club there through Monday, NJ.com reported. It’s his third time at his so-called Summer White House since he was inaugurated earlier this year.

Though Trump flew back to D.C. for a Saturday-night "Celebrate Freedom" concert honoring veterans and will be back in Washington for Independence Day itself, his decision to spend July Fourth weekend largely away from the country’s capital may raise some eyebrows.

This is especially true because Trump’s predecessor, Barack Obama, had a habit of throwing big July Fourth concerts to honor military service members and give staffers a chance to celebrate. In 2016, the event featured rapper Kendrick Lamar; in 2012 the White House welcomed country singer Brad Paisley. For years, Obama’s Independence Day was a party—he held babies and served barbecue and regularly led attendees in singing “Happy Birthday” to his daughter Malia, who, coincidentally, was born on July 4.

This year, the festivities will be a lot calmer. The first lady and Trump will also welcome service members and their relatives to the South Lawn on Tuesday for recognition and a picnic, Vanity Fair reported. Then they’ll end the night by checking out a fireworks show with White House employees and their families.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-july-fourth-schedule-obama-presidents-independence-630516

So Obama throws a party for veterans, Trump golfs at his luxury resort. Who's the elitist again?

I really do not see a problem him being away on the weekend. July 4th was on a Tuesday stupid DUmmy he honored the military as it plainly states in the article. Obozo partied for 8 straight years.

Offline SVPete

Re: Obama Vs Trump: How A Real Leader Celebrates July 4th
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:59:55 AM »
So, Obama threw big parties with performances by entertainers (I'm sure that rapper was just adored by those of the over-40 crowd ... not!). Trump threw a quieter big party, where people could socialize and maybe even chat with DJT, Melania, or even Barron. I'd pick the quieter and chattier over the loud any day, even were GWB to have put on the loud party.

All in all, different parties, but not any contrast when it comes to leadership.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:03:39 PM »
obama threw big lavish parties with our money, how thoughtful of him. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 12:23:30 PM »
This is especially true because Trump’s predecessor, Barack Obama, had a habit of throwing big July Fourth concerts to honor military service members and give staffers a chance to celebrate. In 2016, the event featured rapper Kendrick Lamar; in 2012 the White House welcomed country singer Brad Paisley. For years, Obama’s Independence Day was a party—he held babies and served barbecue and regularly led attendees in singing “Happy Birthday” to his daughter Malia, who, coincidentally, was born on July 4.
I see Obama's 4th of July party being an 80/20 deal. 80% to celebrate Malia's b-day and 20% for the rest.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 12:30:17 PM »
obama is no longer preznit.  Who gives a **** what he does in his private life?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 12:34:25 PM »
obama is no longer preznit.  Who gives a **** what he does in his private life?

The treasonous bastard was overseas denigrating patriotism.

Barack Obama urges world to stand against 'aggressive nationalism'

Barack Obama has called on the world to stand up for tolerance, moderation and respect for others – warning that sectarian politics could lead to chaos and violence.

The former US president said some countries had adopted “an aggressive kind of nationalism” and “increased resentment of minority groups”, in a speech in Indonesia on Saturday that could be seen as a commentary on the US as well as Indonesia.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/01/barack-obama-calls-for-liberal-solutions-to-globalisation-problems

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »
The treasonous bastard was overseas denigrating patriotism.
 https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/01/barack-obama-calls-for-liberal-solutions-to-globalisation-problems
Well, of course: Now that he's not the Prez anymore, he can go ahead and cast aside that mask that he uncomfortably wore for so long and wallow in how deeply he hates America.
For all the DUmmy's ranting, at least President Trump celebrated it in America, and his Independence Day festivities probably didn't feature any repulsive rappers dropping the F- bomb every few seconds.