Author Topic: When does Super Thursday begin? When is the kickoff? Will there be a half-time s  (Read 4773 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Towlie (2,002 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029165604

When does Super Thursday begin? When is the kickoff? Will there be a half-time show?
Also, which channels will be covering it?

Oh Lucy !!!! Cue the football  :-)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
On Friday?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Towlie (2,002 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029165604

When does Super Thursday begin?  Within 24 hours of the day after tomorrow.
 When is the kickoff? As soon as Comey tries to cover his ass
Will there be a half-time show?Yes they will switch to the dumpster to watch all your heads explode!
Also, which channels will be covering it?To many

there will be enough nothing burgers for all to go along with the buckets of liberal tears. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Lucy's got the tee, apparently.

Media Begins To Manage Expectations - Why The Comey Hearing Is "Going To Be A Bust"

by Tyler Durden

Jun 6, 2017 2:44 PM

To say that the mainstream media is super excited about Comey's forthcoming testimony would be a bit of an understatement.  The idea that the former FBI Director may offer up the first piece of tangible evidence that Trump committed a potentially impeachable offense has stoked outright hysteria at the likes of CNN and MSNBC.  CNN even went so far as to describe the hearing as "Washington's Super Bowl"...

...and has been updating their audience, days in advance we might add, on the 700 different ways they'll be able to tune into the live hearing scheduled for later this week.

Beginning at 9:45 a.m. ET, live coverage of the testimony will be on CNN and streaming on CNN.com, the CNN app on phone and tablet, and on mobile devices.  You can also watch it on your Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV with the CNNgo app, CNN's Facebook Page and via Apple News.[/quote]

But while pretty much every mainstream media outlet is on the edge of their seats praying for Trump's downfall to play out on live TV, Charles Krauthammer of Fox News is a bit more skeptical, if not just a bit more realstic.  Speaking with Fox's Brett Baier, Krauthammer pointed out that Comey is masterful at protecting his own ass and would never slip up to the point of alleging outright obstruction because he would be "indicting himself for not resigning, for not making a statement, for not bringing it out in the open."

“Here there is one question — did the president obstruct justice?  That’s what everybody is waiting for. I don’t think there’s anything of great interest other than that.

And his answer I think is going to be obvious. He will navigate to a point where he says, ‘Well, there might’ve been some pressure but it’s not obstruction.’ Why? Because if it were obstruction, then he is indicting himself. For not resigning, for not making a statement, for not bringing it out in the open.

So he can’t say it’s obstruction which is what everybody who wants to see Trump destroyed is waiting to hear. So what we will hear is something navigating in between and saying ‘Well, it wasn’t really pressure, he was speaking on behalf of an associate, a friend. It could be interpreted in various ways.’ That’s what I think is going to happen and that’s why I think it’s going to be a bust.”

The rest of this is at:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-06/krauthammer-explains-why-comey-hearing-going-be-bust

Cue Lucy:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:00:26 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

Holey Moley my schadenboner is going to have to get a lot of sack time before Thursday.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

Annoymorously sourced. I can wait till Thursday. At least it won't be 24 business hours.

Besides, DU-folk will tell you ABC is Reich-Wing Corporate news.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

Comey's prepared remarks are going to leave the DUmpmonkeyz very angry...as if they ever leave the island of anger.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

Comey's prepared remarks are going to leave the DUmpmonkeyz very angry...as if they ever leave the island of anger.

Zero Hedge has excerpts.  I'm perusing them now.  How many suicides from the DUmp will occur?  Sadly, zero. :mad: :censored:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline SVPete

Sounds like Comey could regain his A-Hole status on DU.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Zero Hedge has excerpts.  I'm perusing them now.  How many suicides from the DUmp will occur?  Sadly, zero. :mad: :censored:

I think LayDeeBug will have a stroke.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

The entirety has been released.  I have read it. There is nothing there to hurt Trump.  Everything in the report has already been discussed a bazillion times -- Comey told Trump 3 times Trump was not under investigation, Trump said he wanted loyalty from his people, Trump mentioned (pretty much word for word as was previously reported) that Flynn was a good guy and probably should be left alone.

Nothing new, nothing against Trump at all, nothing burger -- just as we all suspected.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

Sounds like Comey could regain his A-Hole status on DU.

No, they think this toast has legs!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029171979
chillfactor (4,558 posts)
5. WOW!

The orange one is not going to like that at all! Hope he shits his pants all day tomorrow!

Star Member MontanaMama (1,158 posts)
11. Holy hell.

I just read the transcript. I don't know which is worse. FF45's naivete about protocol and the law or his blatant disregard for protocol and the law. He's ridiculous. He's guilty as sin. I'm a little surprised that this was released a day ahead. What's up with that?

It does make for pretty good reading, I must say.
Star Member Tatiana (12,624 posts)
15. I love it. Comey is going straight for Trump's throat.

Did he really mention "hookers?"

And just in the opening statement?

This upcoming testimony might be a bit more interesting than I thought.

Star Member mcar (16,920 posts)
19. Going to be an interesting day tomorrow

Star Member Adrahil (9,908 posts)
22. Wow..... blockbuster stuff. NT

These people are nucking FUTZ!  There is NOTHING there!  NOTHING!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
No, they think this toast has legs!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029171979

These people are nucking FUTZ!  There is NOTHING there!  NOTHING!

DUmbfuks and reality do not exist in the same universe.

Offline BlueStateSaint

I think LayDeeBug will have a stroke.

From your lips to God's ears! :whistling:

Chase her.

Offline Old n Grumpy

So after this witch hunt is over and there is nothing there they, will call it a cover up and a giant conspiracy by the Russians, Macedonians, Aliens and the reischwingers. :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

They are so convinced there is a crmie here they wouldn't believe it if hitlery, bernie, Elvis and jerry springer told them it wasn't true. :hammer:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

So after this witch hunt is over and there is nothing there they, will call it a cover up and a giant conspiracy by the Russians, Macedonians, Aliens and the reischwingers.

What about the Elbonians? :whistling:

Chase her.

Offline thundley4

What about the Elbonians? :whistling:

You mean the Elbownians? The side with the French Macroni. The Macadamias side with the Macedonians.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Wonder if DUmmyville might be on lockdown tomorrow.  Similar to election nights, primaries, etc.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline 67 Rover

Wonder if DUmmyville might be on lockdown tomorrow.  Similar to election nights, primaries, etc.

You mean after the Russian attack on DU?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline I_B_Perky

Odds are yes.  Oh this is going to rank right up there with Fitzmas day.   :yahoo:

Even though comey... or someone... released some docs that pretty much cleared President Trump the dummies cannot and will not believe the truth.  Absent a big blockbuster revelation the dummies are in for a very long, disappointing day.

For some reason this makes me happy!   :lmao:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

And this does not help the dummies see reality:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/06/07/james-comey-testimony-trump-pressed-me-shut-down-michael-flynn-investigation/102593578/

First paragraph:

WASHINGTON —  Former FBI director James Comey confirmed in stunning detail Wednesday that President Trump privately requested his loyalty and later urged him to drop the investigation into ex-national security adviser Michael Flynn, according to a preview of his highly anticipated

Stunning? I seem to recall that stunning revelation was on the washpo a few months ago.

Still, Comey's written statement is more than a simple recounting of conversations with Trump. It is remarkable for its detail, describing furnishings in the rooms where they met, their seating arrangements and their often wide-ranging discussions by telephone.

USA Yesterday setting up comey as having an eidetic memory.

I won't bring the rest over. Don't wanna get CC in trouble over fair use.

It is well worth the read spin though.  Isn't any wonder the dummies get their hopes up.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline ADsOutburst

So after this witch hunt is over and there is nothing there they, will call it a cover up and a giant conspiracy by the Russians, Macedonians, Aliens and the reischwingers. :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

They are so convinced there is a crmie here they wouldn't believe it if hitlery, bernie, Elvis and jerry springer told them it wasn't true. :hammer:
My thinking is they will glom onto something (such as the supposed demanding loyalty thing) as proof of wrongdoing. They will then interpret the lack of any impeachment of or resignation by Trump as evidence of how corrupt his administration is, blah blah blah, etc.

Offline jukin

I have a crisp new one hundred dollar bill that says, Trump is going to eviscerate Comey in an early Friday morning tweet and own the fake news cycle until Monday afternoon.