Author Topic: Hobo brought to his knees  (Read 3253 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Hobo brought to his knees
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 08:28:36 PM »
After tonight I will be forced to live in my car.

Would that happen to be a Buick Skylark...?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 09:12:45 PM »
Would that happen to be a Buick Skylark...?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz2eCFoafXk[/youtube]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 03:37:36 AM »
I'm guessing hobo got shitcanned because after years of his employer putting up with him showing up drunk after lunch every day, he went on a two-week bender and eventually woke up in a Zihuatanejo jail cell wearing nothing but socks.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 07:05:17 PM »
Well, there are some parallels to my situation.  After nearly 40 years in IT I had a major disagreement with my employer -- a global consultancy.  I was on my own.  Unemployed. 

For 1 week. 

I decided to go independent and then pinged my network.  Which I realized was much bigger than I thought. I incorporated and am making about twice what I made as an employee, even when I include paying for our health care.

But for me it was low risk as I could theoretically retire today (I have been running the numbers almost daily for the last 5 years).  I did go ahead and pull the trigger on a modest pension I have from working for the State of California but overall my investments will geberate enough cash flow to keep me afloat.  I have zero debt as we paid off the house when we got the first dividend check.

But I want to circle back to my network:  People seem to like working with me, probably because I am pretty good at what I do and I can't suppress my quirky sense of humor.  Amazingly people like working with others who know what the heck they are doing and make them laugh.

I suspect hobo has no such reputation and has few if any people he worked with who think of him affectionately

Exactly. I would even say if one is moderately competent at what one does, makes it happen on time, and does it while making the clients laugh will never, ever have to look for work.  Now make it world class talented, hit or miss deadlines and be an ass to the people that pay you... well one soon finds oneself in the unemployment line.  Now make it a dummie and take out the world class talent and you got hobo.   :lmao:

As for me... I would never, ever get on an internet board and tell the whole daggone world I was a complete failure.  Dummies seem to wear their complete failure like a badge of honor.   :mental:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017, 06:12:45 AM »
Hobo (574 posts)

I have applied to over 1000 positions. I am a mechanical engineer with 38 years experience, I have gotten 1 interview past the phone screens. I never get a reason why my degree and experience can't land me a job, all I hear is crickets.
:(

I will of course continue resisting.   :loser2:

Cause and effect.

How does it work?

I just can't see why any company wouldn't be chomping at the bit to hire a bitter, delusional, gimme-gimme hippie who thinks disputing the legitimacy of a presidential election is a fine thing to do with his oh-so-plentiful spare time. 

The fact that his funemployment problem predates the election never enters his corroded mind.

It's a complete freaking mystery.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline SVPete

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 07:53:01 AM »
The fact that his funemployment problem predates the election never enters his corroded mind.

It's a complete freaking mystery.

IKR? His unemployment magically became Trump's fault on November 9, 2016, just like Vietnam became "Nixon's War" as soon as he became President.

Just as it would devastate "Hobo's" self-esteem to admit the ways his choices have led to his lengthy unemployment, it would destroy his worldview to admit that Obama's "Progressive" policies stagnated the US economy and exported US economic growth.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.