Author Topic: O'Rourke calls out Buttigieg on mandatory buybacks: He's 'afraid of doing the ri  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
O'Rourke calls out Buttigieg on mandatory buybacks: He's 'afraid of doing the right thing' on guns
https://www.foxnews.com/media/beto-orourke-pete-buttigieg-afraid

Former congressman Beto O'Rourke criticized South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg Wednesday, accusing his 2020 Democratic primary rival of being "afraid" to push a mandatory buyback of certain guns.

Appearing at MSNBC's Gun Safety Forum on Wednesday, O'Rourke reiterated his call to ban AR-15s and  AK-47s, saying that it's "wrong" for over 10 million of them to be "on the streets."

"I've got to tell you. I've heard some of the comments made today on this stage. Those who are worried about the polls or want to triangulate or talk to the consultants or listen to the focus groups. I'm talking about Mayor Pete on this one, who I think wants to get to the right place but is afraid of doing the right thing right now," O'Rourke told the crowd.

I take that Beto O'Rourke hates gays.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

I take that Beto O'Rourke hates gays.

I would bet if someone told beato he could get some votes by getting corn holed he would do it in a heart beat!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

If there really are "over 10 million" "AR-15s and  AK-47s" "on the streets", why are they almost never used to commit murder? The gulf between hoplophobes' hysterical rhetoric and what happens in real life is wider than the Grand Canyon.

I doubt the stats are kept, but I wonder whether more murders are committed using .223//5.56 NATO or pistol-fired .22 LR.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Robert Francis doubles down on stupidity -- except on how his own corruption can be very, very lucrative. He's worth almost $9 million.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Someone needs to inform the Fauxican that you can't buy back something you never sold to me in the first place.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

I think the estimate of 10 million ar's and ak's is way off the mark, it is at least 10 times that.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!